bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

On 10/11/2017 at 2:58 PM, sirchip said:

so the Innocence group is the 2nd group....after I renewed immediately??

I am afraid so. First day access is the Experience category. Join the club. Sorry to hear this re yourself.

On 11/8/2017 at 7:05 PM, Cazza said:

I feel your pain and am a long term subscriber since Propaganda days too. Same thing has happened to me. I reported this in the summer to a deafening response. 

I called and called and they finally fixed it. Rebecca is the person to talk to.

1 hour ago, lmnoiu said:

I'll ask again, does anyone know if they are doing credit card entry like JT?  or has this verified thing replaced that?

Undetermined at the moment, but it's most likely to happen - more details as the presale approaches...

3 hours ago, corradomac said:

So for me I think it is clear that the whole process is for the arena shows in North America. If you don't want to take part for presales in North America : wait. No news for Europe, so I think we have to wait.

Exactly...

HI I did the fan verified for the presale and for the general sale. My question is how many tickets are you allowed for purchase for the public sale? I know I can get two with my u2.com membership. I look forward to any help on this matter.

1 hour ago, sanjose14 said:

HI I did the fan verified for the presale and for the general sale. My question is how many tickets are you allowed for purchase for the public sale? I know I can get two with my u2.com membership. I look forward to any help on this matter.

I’m guessing the same...the whole verified fan thing...but I don’t know for sure 

I'm looking forward to having the ticket buying process over with, I'm always much happier when I have guaranteed GA in my pocket. See you soon U2 & U2fam let's meet up in LA & Vegas #U2forU Show 

• Upvote 1

On 11/9/2017 at 11:51 AM, bigwave said:

I stand corrected.. should have said 'since I been here (2008)" - happy to nod to this correction, thx

Thanks Bigwave!  I think it's important for that information to be accurate.  At this point, I've given up home that U2's current management will address any issues or problems experienced by fans relating to ticketing (which were addressed during the McGuinness era of management) but I think at least having accurate information of the way things used to be run on the record will make it easier for fans to discuss what the system is like today, for changes both bad and good.

Ok. Brain surgery freeze here (literally). I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything here...if anyone can let me know for sure...

I went through set up and it says "set-up complete". Email as "verified". Says "eXPERIENCE" group. I'm not due for renew until Jan of 2018. But, does that mean I neeeed to renew now (North American Tour) in order to partake in presale and is there anything else I'm missing that I'm supposed to do? Does "verified" and "set up complete"  mean I'm ready to go? I'm just doubting myself here considering my brain literally is skipping big things as is. :/ 

thanks in advance! 

2 hours ago, Emme80 said:

Ok. Brain surgery freeze here (literally). I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything here...if anyone can let me know for sure...

I went through set up and it says "set-up complete". Email as "verified". Says "eXPERIENCE" group. I'm not due for renew until Jan of 2018. But, does that mean I neeeed to renew now (North American Tour) in order to partake in presale and is there anything else I'm missing that I'm supposed to do? Does "verified" and "set up complete"  mean I'm ready to go? I'm just doubting myself here considering my brain literally is skipping big things as is. :/ 

thanks in advance! 

For what you describe, it seems to be OK... but I strongly recommend to call Customer Service support to verify and be sure...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

For what you describe, it seems to be OK... but I strongly recommend to call Customer Service support to verify and be sure...

Thanks Max...indeed, that would be the most assured verification I'll get ...until I actually have tickets in my hand (phone). Always always always get anxious I'm missing something in ticket "prep mode" each tour...even when it is a par the course (let alone when there's twists & turns like this) tickets routine. 

When you call CS, to they actually give you full verification that you/you're  acct. is totally set to go (or if you're not)?  

Again, Thx. in advance.

I am lost !... 

I have tried so many times to complète my profil from my u2.com’s account but drill doesn’y work...

and no answer from the  customer service.... :(

OK...I saw someone post about this somewhere, sorry if I didn't pay attention, but I resubscribed to get the whole Verified process going, and before I resubscribed, I had successfully "redeemed" my gift (the four albums).

Now, I am looking today, and it says I did not redeem for the albums.  Do I have to redeem to get those in December?  Leave it alone so I get the yet-to-be announced 2018 gift?  Here is what my account says now....

image.png.8451b7df6da2888f8c8400f92fdf364a.png

55 minutes ago, kerber said:

OK...I saw someone post about this somewhere, sorry if I didn't pay attention, but I resubscribed to get the whole Verified process going, and before I resubscribed, I had successfully "redeemed" my gift (the four albums).

Now, I am looking today, and it says I did not redeem for the albums.  Do I have to redeem to get those in December?  Leave it alone so I get the yet-to-be announced 2018 gift?  Here is what my account says now....

image.png.8451b7df6da2888f8c8400f92fdf364a.png

Leave it alone. It’s a glitch and will be fixed shortly. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sanjose14 said:

Ticket limit for the regular sale is four (4)!

On 11/9/2017 at 4:52 PM, grubes1322 said:

Honestly, I think this agent is mistaken.  I just re-read the language, and it is pretty clear to me that paid subscribers will get a code, and non-subscribers might not. I don’t think Candace knows the difference.

I’ve had to argue with LN people about U2 fan club issues before; they don’t know everything.

I was just told the same thing by a Ticketmaster agent. My husband and I are having issues getting our mobile phone numbers set up correctly on our two accounts. While on the phone trying to get that resolved, the agent told me that they just had a meeting about the U2 presale this morning and that codes are NOT guaranteed for every fan club member. He said it's a lottery and that not everyone will get a code. I am hoping he's wrong, but he seemed quite confident.

If I don't "win" a code, I'm filing a chargeback with my card company and canceling my membership.  I didn't spend another $40 just to gamble that I'd receive a code, when year-after-year forever, they've been guaranteed.  Honestly, everyone should follow suit IF and only IF they are truly using a lottery for fan clubs.  U2 can't disapprove of Taylor Swift's fan score album buying scam, only to turn around and rip off members who spend $40-50 for possibly nothing.  I still don't believe this will be the case, but we shall see.

Hi.

Did anyone renew and the expiry date in their account info did not change? Mine remainas the same:

SUBSCRIPTION ACTIVE UNTIL
31 January 2018

23 hours ago, chulia83 said:

that is in some point my question, too. I tried to figure it out reading back in this thread but it's still not really clear for me.
but at this point i think it shouldn't become a problem to be verified at this stage, too, when the European presale will be announced. *fingers crossed* :mellow:

The only reply I got from U2-support that fit a bit to my question was that: Registrating for North American conerts will not disqualify you from registrating to the international concerts."

I guess as long as I don't use the code I'll be fine to have the/a code for the Europe presales. Right?

19 hours ago, padrepio said:

you can click the link on your account page to disconnect from ticketmaster account and this will unverify you from the current tour dates, you will be unverified(showing red) and you just wait until european dates are announced

100% sure that the code will not be forfeit by doeing this? I'm worried to do this as I never got a reply by u2-support to do this nor if I will risk my code by doing this. I'm worried that if because of my settings the code will not reach me and so the code will be forfeit. I read this in the terms - and now I'm worried. Worried to be verified and worried to unverify. 

Why is there no official Info for this?

By the way, when I added in my email that this is a question a lot of members have in Zootopia the u2-support told me to ask the Mods for help and answer as this is a diffrent team. I wonder why they didn't answer my question, as they should know the answer. Did anyone got a 100% fitting reply about this problem with veriefied but want Europe tickets only, what to do or nothing need to do as long a the code remains unused?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JJNantes said:

I am lost !... 

I have tried so many times to complète my profil from my u2.com’s account but drill doesn’y work...

and no answer from the  customer service.... :(

in what step are you stuck?

Firstly, thanks to the mods for all their efforts on the tout / ticket / verification process etc etc...

I'm a UK subscriber who plans to get to a UK & Euro show but not planning this time around to go to the States.

Original advice seemed to be to STILL complete the US Ticketmaster verification process, which I did (so I now have set-up complete on my U2.com account.)

Advice now is clearly for UK / Euro fans to sit tight & wait for Euro tour announcement.

But should I now disconnect my US Ticketmaster verification or is it better to leave it as it is.

Thanks for the help / advice (I've tried U2.com but no reply as yet!!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soey said:

The only reply I got from U2-support that fit a bit to my question was that: Registrating for North American conerts will not disqualify you from registrating to the international concerts."

I guess as long as I don't use the code I'll be fine to have the/a code for the Europe presales. Right?

100% sure that the code will not be forfeit by doeing this? I'm worried to do this as I never got a reply by u2-support to do this nor if I will risk my code by doing this. I'm worried that if because of my settings the code will not reach me and so the code will be forfeit. I read this in the terms - and now I'm worried. Worried to be verified and worried to unverify. 

Why is there no official Info for this?

By the way, when I added in my email that this is a question a lot of members have in Zootopia the u2-support told me to ask the Mods for help and answer as this is a diffrent team. I wonder why they didn't answer my question, as they should know the answer. Did anyone got a 100% fitting reply about this problem with veriefied but want Europe tickets only, what to do or nothing need to do as long a the code remains unused?

If you are not interested at all to attend any US/CA dates, you can leave your account as is... the procedure for the EU dates will be posted at a later date, still undetermined...

1 minute ago, daddygj said:

Firstly, thanks to the mods for all their efforts on the tout / ticket / verification process etc etc...

I'm a UK subscriber who plans to get to a UK & Euro show but not planning this time around to go to the States.

Original advice seemed to be to STILL complete the US Ticketmaster verification process, which I did (so I now have set-up complete on my U2.com account.)

Advice now is clearly for UK / Euro fans to sit tight & wait for Euro tour announcement.

But should I now disconnect my US Ticketmaster verification or is it better to leave it as it is.

Thanks for the help / advice (I've tried U2.com but no reply as yet!!)

up to you to decide what to do... unlink it or leave it as is...

1 hour ago, kjerir said:

If I don't "win" a code, I'm filing a chargeback with my card company and canceling my membership.  I didn't spend another $40 just to gamble that I'd receive a code, when year-after-year forever, they've been guaranteed.  Honestly, everyone should follow suit IF and only IF they are truly using a lottery for fan clubs.  U2 can't disapprove of Taylor Swift's fan score album buying scam, only to turn around and rip off members who spend $40-50 for possibly nothing.  I still don't believe this will be the case, but we shall see.

@Max Tsukino - can you get a definitive answer on the guaranteed codes or lottery question? If fan club members get "standby" notices and/or no codes at all, there will be an uproar unlike anything this board has ever seen. thanks