bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Just now, jonno77 said:

If I'm a member and renew and get a presale code.

Can I use my same email to preorder the album and get another presale code for that in January. That way I can use my discount. Or do I have to use another email ?

if you have a valid membership you will get one code. You are not supposed to have more than one account - if caught, these could be terminated...
Also, discount codes can't be applied to albums, dvds or bluray...

2 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

stadium shows usually have a 4 ticket limit. Arena shows usually have a 2 ticket limit...

From memory,it was 4 tickets max for 2 shows on 360 tour.I got 2 for Wembley then 4 for Don Valley with the same pre sale code,

3 minutes ago, gmc said:

If the band announce a tour while you have an active subscription you will be eligible for pre sales ie get the codes.For the JTTour 2017,my subscription was Jan 2016 to Jan 2017,but because of the delay in announcing the gift,it was extended to Feb 2017.When tour announced on 9th Jan,the pre sale code appeared in my account.

But I think the fact that they announced TWO tours in one year affects that?  I purchased my membership when the 2nd NA leg of JT2017 was announced, this past summer.  So if I'm understanding correctly, my membership (valid June 2017 - June 2018) entitled me to a code for that tour announcement.  Now that they are announcing ANOTHER tour within my membership period, I have to purchase an additional year's membership in order to access the new presale.  1 per year of membership.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

if you have a valid membership you will get one code. You are not supposed to have more than one account - if caught, these could be terminated...

But you are saying if you buy the album you will get an access code to the second presale .So can I use my u2.com code for 2 tickets to a gig and then the week after use my album code for 2 tickets to a different show.It is all a bit confusing the information looks like if I buy the album early I get another code to purchase tickets.

UK based member - i renewed my subscription about 4 weeks ago and in my account info it showed i was signed up till Jan 2019. 

Will the verefication process work for me without having to pay again would one of the mods know?

My account info has just appearrd again and my account is active till 31 january 2019

Edited by Pukka

Anybody know what this means?

Once I complete all the steps on the Account Info page, will I have access to the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale?
All subscribers who complete the required steps and are verified will be equally eligible to receive an invitation for the U2.com Subscriber Presale.

What does that language "equally eligible to receive an invitation" for the presale mean?   If we go through the steps, then isn't our access a certainty?  This language makes it sound like some sort of lottery/random selection method.  What exactly is gonna happen here - am I gonna wait for the email and SMS the night before and the morning of, and maybe not get it b/c I wasn't selected for some reason?   Or am I reading too much into that?    In any event, can't Live Nation hire some folks that write at least moderately well?  They always put out crap like this.

12 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

I don't mean that. So I have a valid membership that qualifies for fan presale as it stands. Then on the front of U2.com it says pre order the album and qualify for a later presale after the fan club one takes place. I think it says the retailer will send them out in january onwards. 

So can I use my email that is registered to U2 to also pre order the album and then qualify for both presales? Or do I need to use a different email that is not affiliated to u2.com to preorder the album and qualify for the 2nd presale. 

Or have I totally misunderstood it all!!!

I looked at the Verified Fan details for "Springsteen on Broadway"

And that's what it means : it's basically a lottery , some will get a code , some won't   

1 minute ago, jonno77 said:

I don't mean that. So I have a valid membership that qualifies for fan presale as it stands. Then on the front of U2.com it says pre order the album and qualify for a later presale after the fan club one takes place. I think it says the retailer will send them out in january onwards. 

So can I use my email that is registered to U2 to also pre order the album and then qualify for both presales? Or do I need to use a different email that is not affiliated to u2.com to preorder the album and qualify for the 2nd presale. 

Not sure they normally do presale in categories like if you been a member for years you get it a day early I'm more confused about the album and code thing or does that just apply to people who are not members of u2.com

10 minutes ago, mksiggy75 said:

But I think the fact that they announced TWO tours in one year affects that?  I purchased my membership when the 2nd NA leg of JT2017 was announced, this past summer.  So if I'm understanding correctly, my membership (valid June 2017 - June 2018) entitled me to a code for that tour announcement.  Now that they are announcing ANOTHER tour within my membership period, I have to purchase an additional year's membership in order to access the new presale.  1 per year of membership.

Good one.I still interpret it as an active subscription and the band announce a tour,you'll get a pre sale code.So in your case,the way I see it,you'll get a pre sale code for 2018 in NA because your subscription is active.

3 minutes ago, jonno77 said:

This is what I'm getting confused about I want to go to two gigs.But have to go on my own to both how fucking stupid. 

• Like 1

Any mods help.

I renewed my account last week taking me until the 1st November 2018. Now when I try to verify my account for the presale its telling my i need to subscribe or renew with one of the 2018 subscription packages.

Surely I am not expected to pay another $40?

5 minutes ago, Kevincfcu2 said:

Any mods help.

I renewed my account last week taking me until the 1st November 2018. Now when I try to verify my account for the presale its telling my i need to subscribe or renew with one of the 2018 subscription packages.

Surely I am not expected to pay another $40?

What subscriber gift did you apply to receive,what were the options ? The 10" singles ? 

Edited by gmc

21 minutes ago, LdeC said:

And that's what it means : it's basically a lottery , some will get a code , some won't   

Seriously doubt that is the case for the U2 tour.  Memberships have ALWAYS come with a pesale code and I'm sure this one will be no different.  Just a different way of handling the process.

18 minutes ago, LdeC said:

That's how it worked for SoB and for the Harry Potter Play in New York. "Verified Fan" is simply a lottery for A CHANCE to buy tickets. I was put on standby for both and did not get codes for either one. No code, no ability to even try to buy tickets.

Now I am being asked to pay $40 for what is in essence a lottery ticket (with no rules, no transparency and no accountability). I have been skeptical of Ticketmaster/Live Nation for a very, very long time. This is just getting absurd.

• Upvote 1

I'm not in the US, I'm actually from Brazil. As I understand it, I won't be able to buy pre-sale tickets for american gigs even though I have renewed my subscription because I can't validate my account, is that it? :(

Just now, james busick said:

Seriously doubt that is the case for the U2 tour.  Memberships have ALWAYS come with a pesale code and I'm sure this one will be no different.  Just a different way of handling the process.

Don't be so confident of that. This is Ticketmaster - that alone guarantees that nothing will be handled properly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hrlhlkhgkh said:

Hi BigJohn, I met you in Dublin with Aaron and the gang at Hotpress exhibit. No matter what I do, my mobile phone number will not be accepted.

Thanks, Valerie. (older than you person)

hey hey- how do again.. can you PM me screenshots of process you are following, see if I can work out

1 hour ago, LdeC said:

I get a different message :

Something like "Our store is currently closed for scheduled maintenance"

followed by the Ticketmaster and Fanfire customer service phone numbers

Luc

site overload... keep trying, seems back 

1 hour ago, mksiggy75 said:

Ok.  I am so confused here.  My membership currently expires 06/2018.  I bought my 4 JT2017 tickets earlier this year with my code.

i have already completed the Ticketmaster portion, so my account info shows "setup complete".

But in order to be eligible for e&i presale tix, I still need to renew my U2 dot com membership, is that correct?

having participated in several verified fan presales over the last year, I can say this will be a damn disaster.  The system is not thwarting bots/resellers IN THE LEAST and only making things more difficult for fans, especially when you add this u2 dot com membership on top of it.  Not pleased.

its always been the case - 1 code per tour cycle I think.. 

1 hour ago, AndrachiU2 said:

I renewed THIS MORNING before this was announced and 2018 was available. Now I have to renew again? I did, just to be safe because in the long run I'll be paying it anyway but seems silly.

use the Help page form to ask CS if they can adjust for you (they might as you just resubbed)

Question: I just renewed at the end of August the day it was due. To get the presale now, I need to renew again? Please advise, as it is the last incomplete lock I have on my account profile. Also, when purchasing the tickets, a CD will come on the release date for each (2) ticket bought, correct? Thanks in advance for any help.

50 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

codes can't be reused. You can buy 1 ticket for show in X and another for the show in Y...

I'm confused now. Do you refer to the same leg? In another leg can you use the code again for 2 tickets more? or how it works?