bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

12 minutes ago, jfp612 said:

I did the same thing. I'm not sure if there's away to message all the moderators.

mod team: Mich40, Bigwave, Max Tsukino...  links to PM here ---> http://zootopia.u2.com/staff/

You can PM one of us and add the other two to your message...

btw... we are still compiling the information...

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

mod team: Mich40, Bigwave, Max Tsukino...  links to PM here ---> http://zootopia.u2.com/staff/

Thanks, Max, I just added the other 2 to PM. 

I received the good 'confirmation' email, but still no news from the text SMS here in Spain...

anyone received the phone message?

3 hours ago, miecha said:

I am in that boat (or sinking ship, really, I guess), I submitted a help request. Other than that, I don't know what to do. 

I never received any email either.  Long time Propaganda fan member. This is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mofoman said:

I received the good 'confirmation' email, but still no news from the text SMS here in Spain...

no codes sent yet - will go out 2 hours or so before presales start, which is 10.00 AM venue local time

Stupid question here but,

I want to use my presale code for Dublin. It's local, I'm Irish etc etc

How can I get New York tickets without using it?

Edited by Bclar316

2 minutes ago, bigwave said:

no codes sent yet - will go out 2 hours or so before presales start, which is 10.00 AM venue local time

fingers crossed.

MSG is waiting for us

20 minutes ago, spacko said:

Will we get a third mail that everything’s solved and will get Codes as promised in first mail???

I don't think so, but...fingers crossed :mellow:

No e mail.. nothing in junk folder. Status has been complete and e mail verified... not too concerned about the e mail, just the sms text for later .. unless you have to take some type of action in the e mail via a link of some sort. Can anyone confirm if that is the case? 

Still never received an email, and have checked all mail folders.  So disappointed to be shut out after renewing early for this.

I have just received an awful email.   Attended my first show at MSG April 1 1985 & every tour in the US since...............not verified any longer...............Terrible Job U2

Dear U2.com Subscriber,

Thank you for registering for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale. Unfortunately, we mistakenly sent you a confirmation email earlier tonight. Contrary to the email you were sent earlier, we are unable to offer you access to the presale. 

While presale access is only one benefit included with your U2.com subscription, we recognize that it is important to many Subscribers. 

If you would like a refund of your subscription, please contact us using the Contact Us form on the Help page, and select 'Verified Subscriber Refund Request' from the dropdown menu.

We apologize for the confusion.
The U2.com Team 

#U2eiTour  

36 minutes ago, Mofoman said:

No. Nothing here in France

3 minutes ago, jbd37 said:

I have just received an awful email.   Attended my first show at MSG April 1 1985 & every tour in the US since...............not verified any longer...............Terrible Job U2

Dear U2.com Subscriber,

Thank you for registering for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale. Unfortunately, we mistakenly sent you a confirmation email earlier tonight. Contrary to the email you were sent earlier, we are unable to offer you access to the presale. 

While presale access is only one benefit included with your U2.com subscription, we recognize that it is important to many Subscribers. 

If you would like a refund of your subscription, please contact us using the Contact Us form on the Help page, and select 'Verified Subscriber Refund Request' from the dropdown menu.

We apologize for the confusion.
The U2.com Team 

#U2eiTour  

*****UPDATED*****

Anyone who received the "NOT ELIGIBLE" email please send this information via PM to the Moderation team:

Name (as registered and it appears in your profile)

Display Name (as it appears in your profile)

Login Name (as it appears in your profile)

Presale Group

When did you resubscribe? (Did you resubscribe recently for this presale and did all the verification process? or Did you resubscribe earlier, did all the verification process and got the green VERIFIED box?

Date for the end of your subscription cycle

Please also send your Order #

thanks

DO NOT PUBLISH THIS INFORMATION HERE IN THE THREAD - SEND IT VIA PM

•  

45 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

I also got the 'Not Eligible' email.  I sent messages to the 3 moderators (Mich40, Bigwave, Max Tsukino).  You can do that by finding a post from one of them then rolling over their name to send a message.  In the address bar of the message draft, you can type the names of the other 2 moderators and it will look them up like an address book so you can add them to the message.  

What a crummy thing to wake up to when I was all excited going to bed last night!  I imagine this forum is about to go nuclear as the majority of the east coast starts to wake-up and get into email.  My concern is that the rejections are coming from Ticketmaster, not from U2.com.  In Ticketmaster's eye, I'm not a verified fan due to previous purchase history?  I have attended 10 shows over the last 2 tours.  I buy a lot of tickets for my husband, family and friends.  I travel to different states and sometimes different countries (Dublin 2015) to see U2.  I AM NOT A SCALPER!  I think I am the kind of fan that U2 wants to celebrate.  Why is Ticketmaster calling me part of the problem!  This Verified Fan program is going very poorly and I fear this is just the beginning.  U2 kinda blew it with the public with the free album on everyone's iPod.  Now they're going to blow it again by shutting out their most loyal fans from the presales.  I'm keeping faith that this will work out alright, but the clock is ticking and I'm not very optimistic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ErinGoBraless said:

I also got the 'Not Eligible' email.  I sent messages to the 3 moderators (Mich40, Bigwave, Max Tsukino).  You can do that by finding a post from one of them then rolling over their name to send a message.  In the address bar of the message draft, you can type the names of the other 2 moderators and it will look them up like an address book so you can add them to the message.  

What a crummy thing to wake up to when I was all excited going to bed last night!  I imagine this forum is about to go nuclear as the majority of the east coast starts to wake-up and get into email.  My concern is that the rejections are coming from Ticketmaster, not from U2.com.  In Ticketmaster's eye, I'm not a verified fan due to previous purchase history?  I have attended 10 shows over the last 2 tours.  I buy a lot of tickets for my husband, family and friends.  I travel to different states and sometimes different countries (Dublin 2015) to see U2.  I AM NOT A SCALPER!  I think I am the kind of fan that U2 wants to celebrate.  Why is Ticketmaster calling me part of the problem!  This Verified Fan program is going very poorly and I fear this is just the beginning.  U2 kinda blew it with the public with the free album on everyone's iPod.  Now they're going to blow it again by shutting out their most loyal fans from the presales.  I'm keeping faith that this will work out alright, but the clock is ticking and I'm not very optimistic. 

Me too.  I have gone to hundreds of shows in my lifetime so I have purchased tickets to other shows for me and friends.  Its a complete scam.  Wait to see Stub Hub later today, there will be a ton of tickets on that site.  

You should also be asking the people who got the second email, if they have more than one subscription.  On another forum, people are saying it might be because they have more than one subscription.

Also, I saw on Ticketmaster that the text message to mobile phones was only for North America.

1 minute ago, ErinGoBraless said:

They have made a complete cock up of this. Totally agree with you that they are pissing off REAL fans. People who work their socks off to follow them around the world. You’d think they have learnt from the past not to screw around with things but no, they prematurely announced and launched sales for this tour without being anywhere near ready.

This seems rather strange. The wording on the message makes me think it is no mistake. I do hope in Europe we get "vorsprung durch technik".

"While presale access is only one benefit included with your U2.com subscription, we recognize that it is important to many Subscribers. "

5 minutes ago, Vienis said:

This seems rather strange. The wording on the message makes me think it is no mistake. I do hope in Europe we get "vorsprung durch technik".

"While presale access is only one benefit included with your U2.com subscription, we recognize that it is important to many Subscribers. "

Well that is incredibly naive as presales are 99% of the reasons why people subscribe. If they blow this process their subscription revenue will evaporate. There are a lot of very annoyed long term touring fans out there that have received that second email. Amateur org.

Edited by uruguay
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kseguin said:

You should also be asking the people who got the second email, if they have more than one subscription.  On another forum, people are saying it might be because they have more than one subscription.

Also, I saw on Ticketmaster that the text message to mobile phones was only for North America.

I've gotten the second email, and I only have the one subscription that I've always had.

44 minutes ago, mindy said:

I never received any email either.  Long time Propaganda fan member. This is ridiculous.

Your post should be posted on the front page of U2.com. Is there another band that treats their fans so contemptibly?

"Many people who joined U2.com and didn't get tickets are understandably angry. They now have the option to get a full refund of their subscription fee," 

- Larry Mullen in 2005 for the Vertigo tour. I hope the same holds true twelve years later.

I'm eagerly awaiting another non-apology apology from Mr. Mullen.

1 minute ago, jfp612 said:

Your post should be posted on the front page of U2.com. Is there another band that treats their fans so contemptibly?

"Many people who joined U2.com and didn't get tickets are understandably angry. They now have the option to get a full refund of their subscription fee," 

- Larry Mullen in 2005 for the Vertigo tour. I hope the same holds true twelve years later.

I'm eagerly awaiting another non-apology apology from Mr. Mullen.

I don't want an apology or a refund, I want tickets! :/

Edited by paulotex