bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

I feel so so sorry for every single genuine U2 fan who is experiencing this today. I can only hope this situation is sorted out for the Euro shows but feel genuinely disappointed by what I am watching happen today.

i have attended every tour since 1982 and always got tickets through the U2 fan club but don’t think I have ever witnessed such a situation before.

Feel so sorry for all that have been messed about today. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cstoney73 said:

Important -  for those who received the rejection email (I did last night)

just received the text from u2.com!!!

i quickly went to TM mobile site and picked up Red Zone for Tulsa.

Please keep an eye on your phones for the text they may be resolving this...

How much is Red Zone? thanks, gonna try for the Forum in L.A. tomorrow

Ticketmaster didn't release GA for DC.  A friend just got off the phone with them. 

I just got a code via text. Thank you so so so so much. Just when I thought my head was going to explode!

1 minute ago, KEV ANGELL said:

I feel so so sorry for every single genuine U2 fan who is experiencing this today. I can only hope this situation is sorted out for the Euro shows but feel genuinely disappointed by what I am watching happen today.

i have attended every tour since 1982 and always got tickets through the U2 fan club but don’t think I have ever witnessed such a situation before.

Agree.. this is crazy.. I am not sure even how to be moved forward as I feel that I register for the CITI bank sale and general public sale that TM will deem me as a scalper and blacklist me. Crazy

That was just plain mean! 

Yes you are selected to get a code! 

NO you are NOT ! 

What the heck U2.com?????

Like many of you, I've been a member of U2s fan club since Propaganda days.... I never expected tickets, I just expected to be able to be given the chance to get them.  Now not even remotely true.  I have loved the music of U2 and I try not to judge U2 by its fan club, but this is really messed up.  If I only go ONE email saying I wasnt choosen, well that would have hurt, but have been much better that telling me I was chosen, only to then have the rug pulled out from under me.  That was just plain mean spirited.  And for that reason I am truly disappointed in U2.

5 minutes ago, KEV ANGELL said:

Thanks for the kind words.  I have seen every tour since Unforgettable Fire and this is first time that U2.com/propaganda has let me down.  Now, they decide to have TIcketmaster confirm who is a fan.  So disappointed in the band for going down this route.  Hopefully I can get lucky at the public sale.  

Edited by edgebenson
mispell

7 minutes ago, Mofoman said:

N.Y. GA and RZ sold out

impossible to catch any RZ after 23 basket failures

...and HALF MSG are VIP , silver, gold, f***** PACKAGES!!!!!

incredible!

this is business

1 hour ago, cstoney73 said:

great and there's 1000's of tickets on Stub Hub

I know. even as far as the last two weeks, a friend of mine told me to go at their official website (the Fourm in Los Angeles) tickets were listed there for sale AND STILL ARE. WhY? why is that? How does it work? I won't subscribe here no more. Been a fan of U2 for decades but this new ticket system is crazy...

I HAVE TICKETS!!!! And for the show we wanted . . . Nashville . . . music city use here we come :):):) 

And we have RED ZONE!!! Adam's side!!! 45 mins. after our show was on sale, this is what we got!!

happy, happy, happy, happy, happy

Wishing great luck to all others who are trying today and tomorrow!!! Hoping you have success and we can put this stress behind us all!!! I am truly keeping you all in my thoughts with this fiasco and that it all turns out well for each and every true fan!!!

A special THANK YOU for MAX!!!! I have no idea how you managed it, but thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

We shouldn’t have to get lucky we should as fan club members be able to get tickets set aside that we all access. I am pretty sure that there are more tickets available than fan club members. It shouldn’t be a lottery whether we get a code or not. I agree get rid of scalpers but surely using our credit cards as tickets would resolve this. As I say hopefully this will get resolved and we will all get to see the band we love. 

I got the e-mail stating I would get a code but I never got it.  I didn't get it e-mail or text.

I've called every number I can find and e-mailed everyone I can find.

U2 don't fail me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Janette B said:

I HAVE TICKETS!!!! And for the show we wanted . . . Nashville . . . music city use here we come :):):) 

And we have RED ZONE!!! Adam's side!!! 45 mins. after our show was on sale, this is what we got!!

happy, happy, happy, happy, happy

Wishing great luck to all others who are trying today and tomorrow!!! Hoping you have success and we can put this stress behind us all!!! I am truly keeping you all in my thoughts with this fiasco and that it all turns out well for each and every true fan!!!

A special THANK YOU for MAX!!!! I have no idea how you managed it, but thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

Awesome news.  It sounds like the Mods really are coming through for people who got stuck in the confusion! 

• Like 1

Max you are the silver lining in this whole miserable affair!  After a sleepless night of frustration I just got my code and two RZs for Atlanta.  I totally didn’t think this was happening so thanks for making my day!!!  I can only imagine the stress and lack of sleep that you are experiencing.  Please know that it is deeply appreciated!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, guybernhardt said:

Is Chicago GA actually already sold out !1

Probably like DC, TM didn't release GA for DC.

The good news is that these are the first 15 concerts.  Likely this is a test for the VF system.  For some it passed with flying colours, others a big fat F,  In all likely hood more shows will be announced next week, certainly second shows at many of the cities (MSG, LA, Montreal etc.).  I suspect there may be more cities added as well, either in gaps in the schedule (i.e. Toronto before Montreal) and at the end of the schedule.  

Hopefully they get the bugs worked out before the next round (More NA or Europe).

1 minute ago, danknapp said:

Awesome news.  It sounds like the Mods really are coming through for people who got stuck in the confusion! 

Yes! I don't know how, but they have done it! Fingers crossed for everyone that your issues are resolved and that it goes smoothly from here!!

The good news is that these are the first 15 concerts.  Likely this is a test for the VF system.  For some it passed with flying colours, others a big fat F,  In all likely hood more shows will be announced next week, certainly second shows at many of the cities (MSG, LA, Montreal etc.).  I suspect there may be more cities added as well, either in gaps in the schedule (i.e. Toronto before Montreal) and at the end of the schedule.  

Hopefully they get the bugs worked out before the next round (More NA or Europe)

1 minute ago, kseguin said:

Hopefully they get the bugs worked out before the next round (More NA or Europe).

It happens so often, doesn't it with the first round?!! Hopefully the kinks are worked out now for everyone still trying for tickets today and tomorrow!

5 minutes ago, jus98 said:

Probably like DC, TM didn't release GA for DC.

I have a friend who got a GA for DC this morning during the pres-sale, so I think that TM rep has it wrong . . .

I just got a code. (provided info to the mods hours ago). 8 capital letters. Were they not supposed to start with U18A...?

Thanks a lot to all mods on the boards. And good luck to everybody out there who is trying to get a code and tix!

• Like 2

I too got an email said i was verified then another that I wouldn't be getting a code.

Extremely disappointed with u2.com.  Any of the mods please help