bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

1 hour ago, gmc said:

How do I renew my subscription for 2018 ? My account info says 'Registration for U2.com Verified Subscriber presale has now ended.' with no link now to renew under my account expiry date.Is it worth waiting till new year when us Europeans will be going through what are US cousins are going through now ?

Try using this: http://www.u2.com/news/title/2018-subscription-renewals-now-open/news/
There is a link at the end of the text, that worked for me...

5 minutes ago, spacko said:

I just got a code. (provided info to the mods hours ago). 8 capital letters. Were they not supposed to start with U18A...?

Thanks a lot to all mods on the boards. And good luck to everybody out there who is trying to get a code and tix!

That's what mine looked like (and it worked). All capital letters, UA******

Whomeve these "mods" gods are or whomever Max is to be able to get codes sent to those of us who got the one-two punch of accept-reject emails,  especially for EXPERIENCE fans like me part of u2.com since 2001, could anyone please work some magic for me in Las Vegas? 

Just now, U2Hill said:

I sent a message early this morning to a mod and haven't heard anything back.  I got the correction email and have no code.

Me too.  Still waiting.  Hopefully it will be soon.

17 minutes ago, jus98 said:

Probably like DC, TM didn't release GA for DC.

I have GA for CHI- some were released.   

On 11/1/2017 at 1:58 PM, Vienis said:

Should I bother with the registration now in case I am from Europe and not planning to join this presale, but hopefully a presale for Europe later?

You might want to RETHINK joining U2.COM.  They bait-switched the code offering.  You sign up as a fan, maintain your account, then claim it is a LOTTERY to get a pre-sale code.  I have been searching for a hour now, and can't find where it stated that my subscription was for entrance into a LOTTERY for a code.

3 minutes ago, Mofoman said:

I need two RZ's for NY........!!!:)

Me too.  But RZs and GAs were available for the Saturday LI show though.  

5 minutes ago, nbougas said:

You might want to RETHINK joining U2.COM.  They bait-switched the code offering.  You sign up as a fan, maintain your account, then claim it is a LOTTERY to get a pre-sale code.  I have been searching for a hour now, and can't find where it stated that my subscription was for entrance into a LOTTERY for a code.

Pretty sure running a lotto in Canada without a license is illegal. 

31 minutes ago, Sjpskier said:

I got the e-mail stating I would get a code but I never got it.  I didn't get it e-mail or text.

I've called every number I can find and e-mailed everyone I can find.

U2 don't fail me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called and called and called the membership number finally got put on hold, waited and waited and a nice lady verified my information and gave me my code and now I have tickets.  Don't give up hope, keep reading and keep trying.  

I'm so irritate with this. Same thing as everyone else here: renewed my subscription early as directed by U2.com, then got one email saying I would get text with Presale Access code, then another telling that as eXPERIENCE Group members, we were mistakenly told we would have access.
I used my code for Joshua Tree tickets, and U2.com said if we renewed early then we'd have access to presale again. Then last night they just took it away from us.

WTF?

Sent email to U2.com help but no response yet. Tried calling the listed phone numbers, and it's just a busy signal. 

UUGGHHH!!!!

Dear U2.com Subscriber,

Thank you for registering for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale. Unfortunately, we mistakenly sent you a confirmation email earlier tonight. Contrary to the email you were sent earlier, we are unable to offer you access to the presale. 

While presale access is only one benefit included with your U2.com subscription, we recognize that it is important to many Subscribers. 

If you would like a refund of your subscription, please contact us using the Contact Us form on the Help page, and select 'Verified Subscriber Refund Request' from the dropdown menu.

We apologize for the confusion.
The U2.com Team 

#U2eiTour  

Are the codes good for the entire leg of this tour? In other words, if one of these first shows is sold out, is our code still good if additional concerts are announced for North America?

If you didn't use your code yet, it should be good to use later. But  with all of this new crap, WHO KNOWS??

I'm in the experience group, got my email last night telling me to expect my text with code.....and I'm STILL waiting for my code. Extremely disappointed with u2.com right now. I sent a help email hours ago. All this does is shut out longtime loyal fans, while not stopping scalpers at all. So frustrated.

7 minutes ago, donella said:

I'm in the experience group, got my email last night telling me to expect my text with code.....and I'm STILL waiting for my code. Extremely disappointed with u2.com right now. I sent a help email hours ago. All this does is shut out longtime loyal fans, while not stopping scalpers at all. So frustrated.

Check your spam folder for the "Correction" email saying you aren't getting one.