bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Just now, Manohlive said:

sorry.   did not think it was fighting.  i stand corrected.

I thought we were good too 

I'll step away for now....

Take care Manohlive 

Just now, chrissy1967 said:

I thought we were good too 

I'll step away for now....

Take care Manohlive 

You take care too, Chrissy1967.

Just now, gringo said:

Nope. Just an absolute ton of emails letting me know people are replying to this thread. :P

My mailbox was a mess until I found out how to set it up so it wouldn't send an email for each single reply

1 minute ago, mariana_rielli said:

My mailbox was a mess until I found out how to set it up so it wouldn't send an email for each single reply

Oh really? I can't see how to do that...

Every tour is this same crap. Fans here are pissed of and TM has many issues. It's amazing how many years have passed and nobody can figure out a way to make this experience better.

Bunch of incompetents.

That said, I have had a bad experience trying to get my tickets today using the TM website. The access code page would not load and it got me stuck. Luckily I was ready using the TM app on my iPhone. That worked well but for few minutes I was about to have an heart attack.

I love U2 but I think since Oseary took over the management they are becoming too greedy. U2 is entitled to make as much money as they can but sometimes I feel they try to hard. My 2 cents.

I just got off the phone with U2.com support and all she could say was that the first email I received saying that I was eligible was a system error and that was why I received the second email saying essentially that I was not granted access.  She then said that 10% of the Experience subscribers did NOT receive codes. I find that very hard to believe because nearly 75% of the U2 fans that I personally know received these two emails and were also denied access. There's absolutely no way that this 10% number is accurate. Then she tried to say that just because I subscribed doesn't mean that I am guaranteed a code. I get that we are not guaranteed tickets but it would be nice if we ALL were given an opportunity to at least try and get tickets. She did say that people were NOT chosen based on a lottery system. I asked her then what was the criteria for which people were chosen? She said she didn't know but that it wasn't a lottery. I asked if she could tell me why I wasn't chosen. She said there was no reason given. She then said that I could try for tickets for the general on-sale. To which I replied, "do you know how hard it is to get tickets to U2 during a general on-sale?"

I am so pissed off about this process. I've been shooting video for nearly 20 years  every time there is a U2 ticket presale or general on-sale. I've been documenting the issues for years. I'll add this latest video to the pile.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mariana_rielli said:

Aha! Got it! One email per day! Aaaaaand breathe out.

4 minutes ago, popfly said:

I just got off the phone with U2.com support and all she could say was that the first email I received saying that I was eligible was a system error and that was why I received the second email saying essentially that I was not granted access.  She then said that 10% of the Experience subscribers did NOT receive codes. I find that very hard to believe because nearly 75% of the U2 fans that I personally know received these two emails and were also denied access. There's absolutely no way that this 10% number is accurate. Then she tried to say that just because I subscribed doesn't mean that I am guaranteed a code. I get that we are not guaranteed tickets but it would be nice if we ALL were given an opportunity to at least try and get tickets. She did say that people were NOT chosen based on a lottery system. I asked her then what was the criteria for which people were chosen? She said she didn't know but that it wasn't a lottery. I asked if she could tell me why I wasn't chosen. She said there was no reason given. She then said that I could try for tickets for the general on-sale. To which I replied, "do you know how hard it is to get tickets to U2 during a general on-sale?"

I am so pissed off about this process. I've been shooting video for nearly 20 years  every time there is a U2 ticket presale or general on-sale. I've been documenting the issues for years. I'll add this latest video to the pile.

Repeating my comment from a few moments ago...don't think you're going to get anywhere with phone support, because, frankly, I don't know the phone reps really know what's going on.  Best bet is to reach out to the site mods as described in the thread.  Really looks like they ARE helping everyone...but are also overwhelmed so its slow going.

• Like 1

I don't understand how after over 6 hours of this crap nothing has changed!!! neither of the pms I sent have even been read. I am getting so PISSED I can't even try to describe it

29 minutes ago, mariana_rielli said:

Anyone in Innocence got the email? 

I didn't.  Earlier on this thread it was said that that they are supposed to go out tonight.

9 minutes ago, popfly said:

The whole “lottery/selection” process or whatever happened is a disgrace. 

If you’re going to do that be upfront about it so I can plan what I want to do. Maybe I wouldn’t have bothered with fan club membership.

At the very least do the selection days before, and not the day of the damn sale. Instead I receive an email at 11 PM saying I’m good for presale and then a second at 12:53 AM saying I’m not good for presale.

Who does business this way? The one obvious answer is TM, but I expect better from U2. 

1 minute ago, aroney said:

I didn't.  Earlier on this thread it was said that that they are supposed to go out tonight.

Yes that's what I understood from the mods...and I haven't gotten mine yet either. Last night's didn't come to eXPERIENCE people until close to 11 ET I think, so maybe around the same time tonight for us in iNNOCENCE.

16 minutes ago, popfly said:

So why would the mods ask us to PM them if we got the not eligible email if 10% of experience subscribers were not going to get codes?

1 minute ago, malaboo said:

Yes that's what I understood from the mods...and I haven't gotten mine yet either. Last night's didn't come to eXPERIENCE people until close to 11 ET I think, so maybe around the same time tonight for us in iNNOCENCE.

Hopefully it won't follow the same scenario as last nights.  You're in!  You're out!  Code!  No Code! 

Has anybody in the know (mods?) clarified this whole "lottery" thing?  While this may apply to the GENERAL On-sale date, I didn't think it applied to Fan club members.  I thought (and this is how it always was in the past) All Fan Club members got access to a code (with Experience folks getting first dibs the day before) which gave you a chance to purchase a ticket. 

Will the band even give us the courtesy of putting a statement out about this situation? I don’t want some half baked auto reply from TM.

Queens of the Stone Age had a similar issue with a show earlier and they addressed it by cancelling the show and letting everyone know what had happened. Don’t expect this whole process to be restarted as I’m sure the money from tickets sold has already been shipped to Malta or whatever island the rich are using at the moment but a direct answer to this mess would be welcome.

1 hour ago, Max Tsukino said:

We have sent around +250 names since 12 hours ago, and they keep adding... but we have been here since then...

Very sorry for this and very sorry for not being able to speed it up as you indubitably deserve - please have patience and please keep sending the information if you received the email stating that you are not elegible after receiving your confirmation... just in case, here's the information again:

Please don't apologize. I can't even imagine the work you're having.

We can only say thank you to you and other mods. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

PM'd over 3 hours ago and not heard anything. I know the Mods are working hard and nothing against them but just want to know if there is any hope in getting a code soon or this is just false hope if in fact codes were given out in a lottery and 10% of experience subscribers were not going to get one as another poster posted after to speaking with a rep on the phone.

Edited by arlindad

1 hour ago, Max Tsukino said:

We have sent around +250 names since 12 hours ago, and they keep adding... but we have been here since then...

Very sorry for this and very sorry for not being able to speed it up as you indubitably deserve - please have patience and please keep sending the information if you received the email stating that you are not elegible after receiving your confirmation... just in case, here's the information again:

*****UPDATED*****

Anyone who received the "NOT ELIGIBLE" email please send this information via PM to the Moderation team:

Name (as registered and it appears in your profile)

Display Name (as it appears in your profile)

Login Name (as it appears in your profile)

Presale Group

When did you resubscribe? (Did you resubscribe recently for this presale and did all the verification process? or Did you resubscribe earlier, did all the verification process and got the green VERIFIED box?)

Date for the end of your subscription cycle

Please also send your Order #

thanks

DO NOT PUBLISH THIS INFORMATION HERE IN THE THREAD - SEND IT VIA PM

Thank you so very much for all of your hard work.

I'm in innocence because I forgot to renew my membership of over 10 years on time and it lapsed by 4 days last year, still cranky about that.  But anyway, I do not have an email yet.

it wasn't a lottery.  good luck getting ticketmaster, or anyone else, to admit that their "brilliant" algorithm system is flawed, and blacklisted so many of the wrong people.  last couple times they were touting paperless as the best thing ever..  now they're onto this gimmicky verified bullcrap.  it's nothing more than a marketing strategy.  everything related to ticketmaster is now "verified"  it's their new catchphrase marketing slogan.  they collect and store all of your personal information, and will use or sell it for marketing purposes.  instead of collecting only the personal information of people who checkout on their site, now they can collect the information of EVERYONE, even if you don't buy a single ticket on their site.  they can use that information to price tickets higher if they feel there's enough demand with the sign-ups.  wake up..  it's all a scam.

I'm innocence and no email.

And my guess is that Imnoiu is right: the TM algorithm to detect scalpers false positived a whole bunch of people.

Edit: Got my iNNOCENCE email literally while I was typing this post originally.  1:36 PST.

Edited by ApolloAndy
  • Like 1

OK. I am iNNOCENCE group.

Just got the "you are verified" email. Holding my breath for either the codes or another email saying: "Oops! Sorry! No you're not!"