bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

20 minutes ago, rvh95 said:

Once again, the innocent can learn from the experienced...  don't get your hopes up.

Yep.. Will get a good nights sleep and go from there in the AM

I am still waiting for my email and pissed I left my "membership" lapse, have been for over 13 years... therefore in the innocence group.. I just checked ticketmaster for Chicago and if what I click is true GA is already gone..... Fuck that. Sorry but I find it crappy that this will be the first time is over 20 yrs i am not able to get GA tix.. At this point I am getting to old for this shit. I will try tomorrow and if no GA then I am done. Call me a snob, but it's either GA or nothing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ashnbren said:

No mail yet...getting that worried feeling in the pit of my stomach.....

Same. 

Question:

I suppose more GA's and RZ's are released tomorrow for Innocence presale? also for Experience codes?

24 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

volunteers,,,

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In this case thank you guys for trying to straighten things out, but I have to blame U2.com for not handling this in a professional manner and not providing adequate support for what they knew would be a stressful time. This fan club is a business and it should operate as one. It's not fair to moderators to throw them under the bus like this. And needless to say it's not fair to the members either. I still don't have my code and no idea if I'm shut out from this round or from all rounds including general sale and new dates. The total information blackout (pun intended) is painful. Feels like the band abandoned us without so much as a courtesy of telling us why after being a fan club member from day one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexISU96 said:

I am still waiting for my email and pissed I left my "membership" lapse, have been for over 13 years... therefore in the innocence group.. I just checked ticketmaster for Chicago and if what I click is true GA is already gone..... Fuck that. Sorry but I find it crappy that this will be the first time is over 20 yrs i am not able to get GA tix.. At this point I am getting to old for this shit. I will try tomorrow and if no GA then I am done. Call me a snob, but it's either GA or nothing. 

I'm confused.  If you are in the Innocence presale...how did you check or click something?   I am not doubting you but how did you get into the system with no code to do so?  It's usually been the case that the second presale group did get some GAs in Chicago.  I would not give up hope just yet.  I wanted GAs but found seats in section 105 that were $76 and should be $325 so I bought them.  It's weird.  I was in section 109 for all the IE shows and those were top tiered tickets.  I think I got lucky.  I cannot remember a presale where GAs were not available for the second group of U2.com.  I'm not saying this will happen but don't give up hope.  Also-they release GAs closer to the date of the show.  I've never seen them not release GAs the day of the show.  It's a gamble but if it's GAs or nothing...you might want to keep checking up to the day of the show.  They usually release them overnight....2-30-6 am.  Then more appear between 11 am and 2 pm....some even later until they cut off sales around 5-6 pm.  FYI   I get great seats to shows the day of the show all the time.  I hope this helps.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AlexISU96 said:

Call me a snob, but it's either GA or nothing. 

Yep, GA for life. At this point any seat would feel like being on the outside looking in ?. 

Got my 'iNNOCENCE' email at 1.35 pm. It says the code will be delivered via text tomorrow morning 2-4 Hrs before the presale begins. Do you think does it make sence to try RZ for this tour? I mean the location seems to be not that close as during TJTT... 

11 minutes ago, coleloco said:

Same. 

I did not get my welcome to the Experience presale email until 9:46 pm last night.  I got the dreaded second email saying I was out of the presale at 11:48 pm.

I know this is a "first world problem", but after the madness this morning I don't recall the seeing the way to receive the album after my ticket purchase. does anybody have a quick update for this problem? Good luck to all my U2 brothers and sisters who are in this ticket dilemma. 

1 minute ago, Manohlive said:

I'm confused.  If you are in the Innocence presale...how did you check or click something?   I am not doubting you but how did you get into the system with no code to do so?  It's usually been the case that the second presale group did get some GAs in Chicago.  I would not give up hope just yet.  I wanted GAs but found seats in section 105 that were $76 and should be $325 so I bought them.  It's weird.  I was in section 109 for all the IE shows and those were top tiered tickets.  I think I got lucky.  I cannot remember a presale where GAs were not available for the second group of U2.com.  I'm not saying this will happen but don't give up hope.  Also-they release GAs closer to the date of the show.  I've never seen them not release GAs the day of the show.  It's a gamble but if it's GAs or nothing...you might want to keep checking up to the day of the show.  They usually release them overnight....2-30-6 am.  Then more appear between 11 am and 2 pm....some even later until they cut off sales around 5-6 pm.  FYI   I get great seats to shows the day of the show all the time.  I hope this helps.

Jeez what did I do? I dont remember excately, but I believe I click under the Chicago date.. and then it says buy tickets.. then you go to ticketmaster and see what is available. But it show locked as you need to enter the experience code.. You can click on the stadium and see what tickets are left in what section and GA was Gone..

4 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

.  I'm not saying this will happen but don't give up hope.  Also-they release GAs closer to the date of the show.  I've never seen them not release GAs the day of the show.  It's a gamble but if it's GAs or nothing...you might want to keep checking up to the day of the show.  They usually release them overnight....2-30-6 am.  Then more appear between 11 am and 2 pm....some even later until they cut off sales around 5-6 pm.  FYI   I get great seats to shows the day of the show all the time.  I hope this helps.

thannks!! I hate these ticket sales.. I get stressed and bitchy.. my husband knows to just leave the house. 

5 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

*sigh*

So with all of this going on, I get that familiar feeling of inevitability as tickets already pop up on third party ticketing websites going for way above face value.

The bands really don’t seem to be serious about stamping this out, I fail to believe they can’t do something about it, especially those like U2 who have the power to push for change.

17 hours ago, james busick said:

Yep, GA for life. At this point any seat would feel like being on the outside looking in ?. 

Given that I will need to fly to the nearest city to see a show, GA is the only option purely from an economic stand-point.

I honestly have no idea how I'm supposed to get tickets today.  I am in the iNNOCENCE group and the site says our presale starts in 1 hour and 45 minutes.  I haven't gotten any texts with any codes or links (double-checked my cell number on my profile page) and haven't gotten any emails regarding tickets either.

The forum just directs me to http://www.u2.com/help and the phone number listed there is busy.

just got my iNNOCENCE presale code by text at 8:03 am pacific time, never got any email communication though. Phew...now that that stress is over, time to stress about actually getting GA when they go on sale in an hour and 40 mins.

I really Do hope the instructions and the procedure itself will be smoother in Europe. 

I actually got my code about 5 minutes after I posted (thankfully).

Even though I can't buy my tickets yet, I'm looking at the available tickets for Chicago.  For the last few shows, I have gotten tickets in the first row (around mid-field, mid-court) of the 300 level through the presale.  Now I see those seats are all part of the silver fan package for $295 each and they go back 7 or 8 rows?  The best 300 level seats for presale now are the back rows of the 300 (upper) level?

Edited by Keith2

On 14.11.2017 at 3:48 PM, marf said:

I ordered JT tix and was rejected too.  This sucks!!

I ordered JT tix and got rejected, too, Will there be a 2nd chance for the tour in Europe? A new lottery? 

Question - I know the deadline for the pre-order presale is 30th November but is it the same for Fanclub subscribers? Was planning on upgrading next month? Will I still be eligible for the European shows?

14 minutes ago, Keith2 said:

I actually got my code about 5 minutes after I posted (thankfully).

Even though I can't buy my tickets yet, I'm looking at the available tickets for Chicago.  For the last few shows, I have gotten tickets in the first row (around mid-field, mid-court) of the 300 level through the presale.  Now I see those seats are all part of the silver fan package for $295 each and they go back 7 or 8 rows?  The best 300 level seats for presale now are the back rows of the 300 (upper) level?

Keith, did you get the email yesterday?

3 minutes ago, Veritastheviper said:

Keith, did you get the email yesterday?

No, I have not gotten any emails.  I did just get my text with code a few minutes ago.

1 minute ago, Keith2 said:

No, I have not gotten any emails.  I did just get my text with code a few minutes ago.

I'll try to keep a stiff lower lip...