bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Although not planning to do North America I signed up for verified fan under Experience group. For me it all worked perfectly and I received codes a few hours before tickets went on sale. They emailed me as system couldn't cope with UK dialling code for text. Later I also got text as well.

Appreciate many seem to be having problems getting the code. When I went to see availability a few hours after tickets went on sale It did seem there was much better availability than in the past and I had to think hard whether to book red zone for Chicago.

The key lesson from this for me is the decision to implement changes so soon before tickets went on sale.  A minimum 2 week gap should have been in place before tickets on sale to allow time to resolve rejections and have all codes ready to issue.

One of my day jobs is to plan some of the biggest global sporting events.  The mistakes made here are so basic. Hopefully Live Nation will conduct a full review as they need to get their act together on Customer Experience. For an organisation that is totally reliant on its customer base I have found their approach since taking over U2 a bit bewildering.

Have to say I cannot get my head around what has happened here, from what I read some people who have been U2 Fan Club members right from the start have not received pre sale codes and if so this is very disappointing. Whilst we all understand that U2.Com cannot guarantees tickets for shows, surely fans who have been paid members since the early 1980’s should be sent codes and not put in a lottery.

U2 have always looked after their fans and I know Larry in particular has got pretty upset in the past when things haven’t gone to plan. 

I don’t know where the problem lies but I do think that there cannot be that many Experience group fans that they exceed ticket availability across all the shows. 

Us European fans now have all this to come and I hope perhaps lessons will have been learnt but that doesn’t help some US fans who appear to have been let down by this process and I am genuinely upset for them. 

This is not the Mods fault at all and I know they will be feeling as frustrated by all this as fans who have been let down and I really hope somehow, some way these true U2 fans will be looked after and tickets sourced for them. 

Zero innocence presale tickets available in Chicago.  Only VIP tickets available even after unlocking with my innocence code.

Just got my RZ for San Joce :) Have to say that desk works faster and 'innocence' pre-sale group was applicable faster than on mobile. On mobile it was opened at ~10.02! And no RZ at 10.04. But on desk I got it from the first try. Just FYI...

Edited by anna_boykova

1 minute ago, Keith2 said:

Zero innocence presale tickets available in Chicago.  Only VIP tickets available even after unlocking with my innocence code.

Zero GA for Innocence group at MSG or Newark.  No Red Zone.  A few okay silver packages.  Yeesh.  

Why is my iNNOCENCE code only working for VIP packages? I don't want to pay $300 for upper bowl seats!

There were NO GA's avail for Boston...But the process appeared to work "ok"...Looks like "Strong" Island on a Saturday!

1 minute ago, u2_kg said:

Why is my iNNOCENCE code only working for VIP packages? I don't want to pay $300 for upper bowl seats!

Did you try both mobile and desk? 

1 minute ago, smsully said:

There were NO GA's avail for Boston...But the process appeared to work "ok"...Looks like "Strong" Island on a Saturday!

Ok so no GA's available, but how can a balcony seat at the garden be $290???????

Chicago tickets finally came up.  Only seats left are in the back 5 rows of the upper level.  Looks like this is the first tour I'll be missing since 87.

1 minute ago, anna_boykova said:

Did you try both mobile and desk? 

Yeah, on desktop currently. Just tried the link again and it took me to slightly different TM page where my code is now showing at least 1 non-VIP option... odd. This is for LA Forum show.

Another paid subscriber here. Did not receive email or text message. No presale code. I am devastated. Cam you help please?

Thank you very much!

Just now, DTrivedi said:

Another paid subscriber here. Did not receive email or text message. No presale code. I am devastated. Cam you help please?

Thank you very much!

You and me both.  And then some other friends too.

Innocence member here. Couldn't get anything in Chicago including nosebleeds for under $90 per ticket. No GA. Now Ticketmaster for the Chicago show isn't working at all.

I though the band learned their lesson after the fiasco on the Vertigo tour. Apparently not.

Anyone in Innocence group receive a code, but being told it's invalid when they try it?