bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

This was incredibly painful this time around.  The phone app didn't work after 2 tries (telling me the access code was wrong - it wasn't).  I gave up and went on my laptop.  It took 5 tries to get a lower tier set of 2 tickets for San Jose -- if you want 2 seats in an area where there are 3 together it doesn't let you complete the purchase and leave an orphan seat.  What?  Why show them as available to purchase when you are only allowed 2 seats!!  What a pain!  Prices are steep FYI - $700 and change.  Hope all of you finding good seats!! 

4 minutes ago, drewu200007 said:

Did everything I was supposed to. And nothing. No text. No code. Nothing. I'm bitterly disappointed. 

Don't worry, you didn't miss anything.

3 minutes ago, edgejagger said:

Try changing your delivery time to 2 business day.  That's what I did after getting the error message and was able to purchase tix.  Hope that helps.

I dont get that far in the process .. i can reserv 2 setas and click the get ticket button and then nono

8 minutes ago, Malin82 said:

I got a code, ok to login .. ok to get seats but can not procees ,, Sorry, we could not process your request, please try again later.

Does anyone having the same problem? 

Yes, same here. Who knows... Ticketmaster once again...

6 minutes ago, bigwave said:

its first come, first served, thats all we are told here.. though sometimes GA pop up when you try again (can be a pain hitting refresh all day I am aware...)

hi big wave, I never got a code despite being verified and set up complete, emailed the help team and have been told someone will get back within 12 hours, what is the chances of tix still being available?????????

7 minutes ago, bschwarb said:

2 GA's for St. Louis within two minutes. I'm sorry for all of the resubscribed members who had issues. I subscribed last January at the same time I bought Joshua Tree Tickets (2 GA for Chicago). I decided not to resubscribe this time thinking I would not get a code. But I got the email last night and code this morning and it worked. Again, sorry for all those who got a raw deal.

happy for you, but this stinks man

2 minutes ago, jeepster65 said:

happy for you, but this stinks man

agreed. this really sucks.

Can anyone who participated in the presale yesterday confirm that the inventory changed throughout the day (ie GA was gone and came back)? 

Thanks in advance.

I just don’t believe all of these GA’s sold out. I’ve never experienced across the board Presale GA sellouts, especially given U2 were just here 3 months ago. 

TM doesn't seem to be working, can select seats then says sorry we could not process your request..........hmmf

My "experience" with the inventory:  when 1pm eastern rolled around today - I first tried the TM link to Chicago show through my PC (Firefox).  The only tickets it would allow me to access were $295 and up.  I decided to click the link through the text and went through my phone browser (also Firefox) - where magically ALL the ticket options were showing as available.

I never did receive any emails throughout this whole process - just a text this morning around 10:45 eastern with at code.

well  Thanks for the eXPERIENCE code.  A day and a half late...and after the newer members... but I guess better late than never *sigh*.

A human case study on how poorly fans, "die hard" fans can be treated, and still have them shell out hard earned money...It really is amazing, and utterly shameful...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, fordcorners said:

I just don’t believe all of these GA’s sold out. I’ve never experienced across the board Presale GA sellouts, especially given U2 were just here 3 months ago. 

They are either all gone (unlikely) or being held back for the public onsale IMO.

1 minute ago, gadget44 said:

well  Thanks for the eXPERIENCE code.  A day and a half late...and after the newer members... but I guess better late than never *sigh*.

Not necessarily newer...but maybe old members who let their subscription lapse for a bit at some point and have been thrown into the Innocence group because life got in the way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChicagoMark said:

My only hope now is that they announce a second show for Chicago.  I'm going to assume my code will still work.  

It should...as long as they do pre-sales for those 2nd shows.

Got a code but for 30 minutes kept telling me there was an error, I tried my phone, loptop, desktop, everything... eventually took the code. The seats TM is offering me now are bad, tried different cities but no luck, so I'm giving up. I love these guys to death but I'm actually at peace if I don't see them...went through the painful process to be verified and I've been worried about it, all that for this? There's a point in life where you just got to let it go. I follow them around all the time, just saw the JT shows many times, I've been more than excited for this tour, but this is just like any relationship, I love the band with all my heart, they've been there for me and I've been there for them, but even if my heart is breaking for not getting tickets, I'm happy I'm making this decision. I know they will be more chances next week but I already know I won't be too crazy about it. Love you guys so much. Thanks for everything!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I had Innocence and there were no GAs for LA right at 10:00:01...   Fair question about what is going on here -- pay the fan club fee for access, and then get de facto same access as public -- what is the purpose?   

"Don't believe in riches, but you should see where I live. "

Edited by dcame15

I'd be interested in what others think, but I believe $325 a ticket for what would be considered an OK seat in the lower bowl is $150 to $200 too high.  For me and my GF to go we would be in for over $700 with the fees.   That isn't chump change.  

My subscription expired in June 2018. Thinking I wouldn’t get a code I renewed yet again (til June 2019).  I logged in at 12:56pm and all the GAs were gone for Atlanta and Nashville.

Either full GA wasn’t opened during the presale (which defeats the purpose of a presale) or scalpers grabbed them all (which defeats the purpose of the “verified fan). Guarantee you will see $300 + GA tickets on Craigslist later today. Such bs. 

12 minutes ago, DBarton said:

They are either all gone (unlikely) or being held back for the public onsale IMO.

Yes, there will be GA available in the public on sale. Presales never include all tickets. Don’t give up on GA in the public on sale. Keep trying even if it says none are available and you still might get them.