bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Just now, ChicagoMark said:

I'd be interested in what others think, but I believe $325 a ticket for what would be considered an OK seat in the lower bowl is $150 to $200 too high.  For me and my GF to go we would be in for over $700 with the fees.   That isn't chump change.  

Yeah, I went with obstructed view (down at the end of the second stage) for $76. Row 6, San Jose. $190 after fees. No way the wife would have been cool with $700. I joined just to be on the floor after I was in the upper corner for the last arena tour.

1 minute ago, ChicagoMark said:

I'd be interested in what others think, but I believe $325 a ticket for what would be considered an OK seat in the lower bowl is $150 to $200 too high.  For me and my GF to go we would be in for over $700 with the fees.   That isn't chump change.  

agreed

pricing seems a bit ridiculous but people will pay still obviously. I needed three tickets, so the presale didnt even work for me. $331 for the highest sections though is ridiculous regardless

7 minutes ago, malaboo said:

Not necessarily newer...but maybe old members who let their subscription lapse for a bit at some point and have been thrown into the Innocence group because life got in the way.

That is the case for me. Mom passed away after hospital stay right near renewal. A couple weeks late on renewal and first time ever that I had to miss out on the first day of presale. Tickets were so much easier to come by and considerably less expensive when I first started my U2 journey!

6 minutes ago, dcame15 said:

I had Innocence and there were no GAs for LA right at 10:00:01...   Fair question about what is going on here -- pay the fan club fee for access, and then get de facto same access as public -- what is the purpose?   

"Don't believe in riches, but you should see where I live. "

You need to keep trying when that happens. Other people might get them in their cart but then there are problems and they end up being available again. I’ve gotten GA even more than 30 minutes after the on sale time when at first it said there were none available. Try it in the public on sale. 

5 minutes ago, ChicagoMark said:

100% agree but it's been this way for many years with U2.  They are not alone of course as many other artists do the same or worse but they have priced out many of their fans as a result.  That's also why for many of us GA is the only option from an economical standpoint. 

3 minutes ago, GROUPEDEMAVIE said:

For Montreal, Innocence Group, I went directly on Evenko: http://www.evenko.ca/u2-2018/u2-fanclub-fr.html and I got 2 GA. Very simple, if you got a code. One of my friend is also Innocence Group, even if paid member for a long time.

Unfortunately not so simple if there are none to begin with. Guess they just released more GAs for Montreal...either that or the demand for GA in Montreal was not that great. Either way, those of us who did not get GA for our preferred show(s) will have the general sale on Monday and another chance.

I want to know why there was such a huge increase in the number of VIP seats this time around.

In 2015, my sister and I were in Section 317, Row 1, Seats 1 & 2 at the United Center.  Those seats were $90 each.  Today, those EXACT seats (and 6 or 7 rows behind them) are now Silver VIP seats that cost $295 each.

3 minutes ago, malaboo said:

Unfortunately not so simple if there are none to begin with. Guess they just released more GAs for Montreal...either that or the demand for GA in Montreal was not that great. Either way, those of us who did not get GA for our preferred show(s) will have the general sale on Monday and another chance.

Indeed, not that simple.

I didn't get my code until ~10:20. By the time I got onto the Montreal site there were no GA left.

Was able to snag two crappy upper-level seats for LA but at a steep price of sacrificing 1 clean & spotless lamb and 2 calves. Now to source my unsullied livestock. Maybe I should have waited for more dates to open up but alas... I'm sure it will be a good show regardless. 

I will say, once I was actually able to get in correctly (closing my TM browser window at 10:01am and following the text link again), the site was responsive and purchasing was problem-free. Easier than JT in my opinion; and an option to actually print tickets!

Decided on mailing physical tickets in hopes it will be an easier process than all these ticketless-entry fiasco's I've had to deal with in the past.

Keep in mind that the general sale is "lottery" only too :-( Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. With all of this pre-sale stuff I had forgotten that.

23 minutes ago, dcame15 said:

I had Innocence and there were no GAs for LA right at 10:00:01...   Fair question about what is going on here -- pay the fan club fee for access, and then get de facto same access as public -- what is the purpose?   

"Don't believe in riches, but you should see where I live. "

Same. No GAs. No Red Zone.  Nothing on the floor for LA at 10:00:01. 

• Brilliant 1

All tickets should be available to fan club members and some people not even getting a code ( please try your luck in the general sale)are they taking the piss and the price of the tickets are an absolute disgrace I don't care about what other artists charge U2 have turned into a rich man's band.I've been a member and  not missed a tour since 1987.

1 hour ago, ghizal said:

just secured GA tix for San Jose! 

Nice. I was on top of it, but not able to get San Jose GAs. Tried for 30 minutes, then settled for a couple seats higher up (didn't feel like paying over $300 for the close ones). Will try for GAs during the regular sale and using the various other methods.

Was (pleasantly) surprised to see the Ticketmaster map showing a lot of available seats even 30 minutes after the iNNOCENCE presale had started. Either they gave a lot more tickets to the presale or my fellow fans were not settling for anything less than GA.

14 minutes ago, love_and_light said:

Got a code but for 30 minutes kept telling me there was an error, I tried my phone, loptop, desktop, everything... eventually took the code. The seats TM is offering me now are bad, tried different cities but no luck, so I'm giving up. I love these guys to death but I'm actually at peace if I don't see them...went through the painful process to be verified and I've been worried about it, all that for this? There's a point in life where you just got to let it go. I follow them around all the time, just saw the JT shows many times, I've been more than excited for this tour, but this is just like any relationship, I love the band with all my heart, they've been there for me and I've been there for them, but even if my heart is breaking for not getting tickets, I'm happy I'm making this decision. I know they will be more chances next week but I already know I won't be too crazy about it. Love you guys so much. Thanks for everything!

love_and_light, I'm right there with you. I didn't even get a code, so couldn't buy tickets. I suspect that even if I did, my experience would be much like yours and others in this forum. I gave up trying to figure out what was going with my code (or lack of it) and have also resigned to the fact, that I might miss e+i 2018. I know there is still a change that I'll get tickets, so try again on Monday. Again, I'm not hopeful.

I saw JT once at Levi's Stadium and consider myself lucky to have gone.  i+e 2015 was a great tour and I was fortunate enough to have good seats.

Alas, my heart is breaking, too. Trying to get U2 tickets is one of the very few things in life that gives me a little anxiety. This time around was pretty stressful and ultimately disappointing.

I still love our lads from Dublin, but this time around I may have to watch them from afar. 

• Like 1

Every time a new tour is announced, hope springs eternal that the ticketing process improves (particularly for subscribers) but every time the process is full of holes. I wasn't involved in the US leg this time but really hope they iron out the gremlins before announcing the European leg. I also hope they become more transparent about the very ambiguous statement about the opportunity for verified subscribers to receive a presale code.

Anyone longing for the days of spending two hours pressing redial or lining up at a TM store?

• Haha 1

Registered and paid immediately upon the announcement a few weeks ago.  NEVER received a presale code so the pre-sale is a total bust for me.  I will ask for a refund and take my chances in the Public sale for which I also registered.  What a fiasco.

1 hour ago, DBarton said:

Can anyone who participated in the presale yesterday confirm that the inventory changed throughout the day (ie GA was gone and came back)? 

Thanks in advance.

now it changes alot. no tix right now for MSG

At 10:00:01 there was nothing on the floor for LA, and I won't pay astronomical prices for seats ( I still have my first U2 ticket stub - $15).

At 11:51, I removed all of the checkboxes for price, and only checked floor. After about 5 submit attempts, 2 GAs finally came. up. 

1 hour ago, malaboo said:

Not necessarily newer...but maybe old members who let their subscription lapse for a bit at some point and have been thrown into the Innocence group because life got in the way.

Yep. My loooong time subscription lapsed for less than a week as I was dealing with more important family issues. Less than a week and I got bumped to innocence. And it actually seems it might have been a blessing as it might have been as smooth as I can remember.

56 minutes ago, SJspartan said:

Yeah, I went with obstructed view (down at the end of the second stage) for $76. Row 6, San Jose. $190 after fees. No way the wife would have been cool with $700. I joined just to be on the floor after I was in the upper corner for the last arena tour.

For the L.A show, the first seats that popped up for me where $50 seats.  Got two.  Was surprised, but decided to take them as I was not sure if anything would come up again if I didn't get them.  I'm in the building, which is the point.

8 minutes ago, Ally A said:

Every time a new tour is announced, hope springs eternal that the ticketing process improves (particularly for subscribers) but every time the process is full of holes. I wasn't involved in the US leg this time but really hope they iron out the gremlins before announcing the European leg. I also hope they become more transparent about the very ambiguous statement about the opportunity for verified subscribers to receive a presale code.

Anyone longing for the days of spending two hours pressing redial or lining up at a TM store?

Yeah, sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown and the ticketing process is Lucy with the football.

I actually waited in line--overnight--for ZOO TV tickets. Can't believe that was 25 years ago. 

Experience group here. I received the "your out" email and submitted a plea to the mods yesterday. A little while ago I was texted a code and scored nice tix. THANK YOU MODS!!!