bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Glad U2 are back on arenas. While the TJT tour was awesome, I like the smaller venue atmosphere.

I just wished it was more spread apart the two tours. That said, they only have one show in Los Angeles and I am sure they will add more but I wonder how many tickets they will allow to subscribers to buy.

Last time I bought all 4 for one show and later they added dates. I hope this time they will add shows prior to the sale middle of November. That way, people can plan better if they want to watch more shows.

Just to clarify:

1. There are 2 presales (fan club & citi card). You have to get verified on the U2 fan club presale and the citi card presale separately.
  2. Do you have to get verified again if you want to buy tickets in the public on sale too? Just wanting clarification.
  3. Also, are you guaranteed a code (but not a ticket) if you are a fan club member and go through the verification process?

well for now it does not really matter, Fanfire is giving gateway timeouts for the past 2 hours now, when confirming a subscription renewal.. , so it seems not to be possible to renew anyway for now... 

What a joke......my subscription ends september 2018 and I MUST renew in order to be eligible for presale codes?
Who came up with this money making idea ??

I will be stuck in a position I can't get out of......my setup will be incomplete....

• Upvote 2

Quick edit : my SETUP is now COMPLETED and it has has added a whole new year to my U2.com suscription (like said a forum member earlier)

FYI, same issue, Iev renewed on september but as you all my SETUP is not completed because I must buy the 2018 package. Anyway, I wanted to play it safe and I've renewed again ... and it changed nothing at all on my profile page ... my SETUP is still incorrect. I'll wait 24 hours before panicking ;(

Edited by therionvox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, finz_89 said:

currently when you click on the renew link (from the list of validation tasks) it takes you to the address confirmation page.  Once checking the boxes and hitting 'continue', it will hang and eventually give a gateway error (502) error.  Several attempts

Still no change there , .....

26 minutes ago, russpm said:

Do I need to drop the leading 0 from my mobile number??

Was wondering the same...

4 hours ago, bonoeire said:

Has anyone else had a problem at the Fan Validation page?  I successfully linked ticketmaster, but even after renewing subscription (which actually was not expiring until april), I still do not have the subscription line unlocked.  As a result, I still have the red incomplete message.  

Any suggestions?

I kept thinking the same thing until I realized that I was not selecting my country code in the little box next to my phone number.  I had already linked my ticketmaster account.  Once I selected my country and hit submit then I got the green box that says Setup complete

• Like 1

Just now, monica martino said:

Was wondering the same...

i entered my mobile number without the leading zero, but the webform adds it automatically soi guess that is OK ..

But becausese of the perpetual 504 gateway timeouts, it doesn't matter for now anyway..

Please could one of the mods clarify. We are being asked to review and update our details as part of the verification process. Next to the mobile number a box to select country has appeared which I guess adds the country prefix dialling code. Does this mean we now need to drop the leading zero in our mobile number??

Thanks in advance.......another tour happy days ?

20 minutes ago, bigwave said:

1. Belt & braces (no harm in doing it now in my view)

2. Is a separate thing from what I can gleam.

3. codes are going to be sent via SMS so mobile is needed

1. Surely we aren't expected to set up a Ticketmaster US account if we have no intention of ever using it...? I appreciate the mods trying to help with this, but please can we get an official answer instead of speculation?

3. Doesn't answer my question - are they only sending the *code* via text message, or do we need a modern smartphone with web browsing capabilities? Are they expecting us to actually order our tickets using a mobile phone, or will it be the same as previous tours where I can use a desktop computer to follow a presale link from U2.com?

5 minutes ago, therionvox said:

Quick edit : my SETUP is now COMPLETED and it has has added a whole new year to my U2.com suscription (like said a forum member earlier)

FYI, same issue, Iev renewed on september but as you all my SETUP is not completed because I must buy the 2018 package. Anyway, I wanted to play it safe and I've renewed again ... and it changed nothing at all on my profile page ... my SETUP is still incorrect. I'll wait 24 hours before panicking ;(

Whenever you renew early it will add a year to the date your subscription originally would be ending. So in our case this would be september 2019.
I already paid my share for sept 2017-sept 2018....why should I have to pay twice ? I renew yearly....not twice a year..

But congrats on your completed setup :)

6 minutes ago, czhr10 said:

Still no change there , .....

now it does not time out anymore, now it just says : 

Our store is temporarily down for scheduled maintenance.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

We will be back online as soon as possible.

Live Nation Merchandise Customer Service
1-800-767-7160
+1-434-205-7049

Ticketmaster Fan Club Customer Service
+1-855-527-2695
+001-949-333-4820

2 minutes ago, czhr10 said:

i entered my mobile number without the leading zero, but the webform adds it automatically soi guess that is OK

that's bad because not all over the world mobile numbers start with 0

1 minute ago, monica martino said:

that's bad because not all over the world mobile numbers start with 0

exactly.... But it is an Amerikan Web Form , so it was desigend and works in the American web form way

5 minutes ago, czhr10 said:

it does not time out anymore, now it just says : 

1-800-767-7160
+1-434-205-7049

+1-855-527-2695
+001-949-333-4820

Panicking thinking to actual presale 

9 minutes ago, czhr10 said:

now it does not time out anymore, now it just says : 

1-800-767-7160
+1-434-205-7049

+1-855-527-2695
+001-949-333-4820

I was getting the same but it has finally worked, stick with it, I Guess its just busy with everyone trying to get registered.

Good luck.

5 minutes ago, russpm said:

I was getting the same but it has finally worked, stick with it, I Guess its just busy with everyone trying to get registered.

Good luck.

thx, will do , will try tommorrow, i guess i do not need to hurry since no one seems to know how things should work for European fans, 

In the mean time, Playing the live recordings from 1980 in Paradiso Amsteram .:D

32 minutes ago, czhr10 said:

exactly.... But it is an Amerikan Web Form , so it was desigend and works in the American web form way

Just tried to change my mobile number at my profile : When i remove the zero, it just ads it again automatically, so hopefully when they send me a code, they will remove the zero themselves, otherwise the number is un-usable for this purpose...

Edited by czhr10
mis spellings by me...

54 minutes ago, bigwave said:

can you PM screen shots? what email confirmation (if any did you receive?) Have you used it to come #verifiedfan ?

2 screenshots have been send via PM.

I didn’t get an e-mail confirmation from TM US nor did I used it to become a #VerifiedFan yet.

I have a TM account in the US and in Ireland.  If I link my TM US account now, will I be able to make a change and link to my Ireland account when the European tour is announced?  I plan on going to Dublin for this.  Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Tom

I didn't use my subscription code to buy JT tickets.My Subscription ends in February.Can I use the code to buy tickets for this tour?

Just to mention.I didn't get the "gift" for the subscription.

My doubt is: I'll renew my subscription as soon as more details on the European leg will appear, but in the meantime I preordered the album via Amazon; now, will I receive a code by U2.com and another one by Amazon giving me the chance to purchase 4 tickets or will it be considered a multiple buy not allowed?

So. Did I just buy a $40 lottery ticket? Or will I actually get a presale code?

• Haha 1