bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

These dates are difficult for me because of work, so I'm going to try for the Nashville public onsale. I've actually had good luck with public onsales before, especially if I only need one ticket.

Question though: did I mess up my chances by deciding not use my Experience code yesterday? I didn't buy any tickets, so I'm  hoping to use it later if more convenient dates are added and I can plan a trip.

42 minutes ago, bschwarb said:

I just share this to add to the conversation that things are very messed up. I don't know how/what they will do to make it right with people who got ripped off? But they need to do something.

I guess we should look to the past and see what they (band, mgmt, TM, Live Nation, etc.) have done. But, I don't remember anything.

Thank you to whomever got my experience code sent to me a couple of hours ago.  I know all the good seats are gone but I am hoping to use this code for shows that they add in Philly or NYC.  Does anyone know if unused codes will work for additional dates that will be added in the U.S.?

Edited by edgebenson

Ticketmaster DMed me a code 3.5 hours after the on-sale. Thanks, guess I'll try for next announced dates...

29 minutes ago, grubes1322 said:

You are assuming that

1. these are real tickets and not speculative and

2. TM won't cancel these tickets in the coming days. They have become quite aggressive with this in the last year or so.

Also,  you are yelling at U2.com for something that TM did. I don't understand that. It is like yelling at the waitress because your food doesn't taste good.

The big question that I have is why, after all this trouble and increased security, did they do away with credit card ticketing? That's the easiest way to prevent tickets from being scalped, yet they didn't use it this time? That seems like one step forward the three backward.

I’m not yelling at anyone or assigning blame. I’m just sharing my frustration with others who are experincing similar frustrations. 

43 minutes ago, grubes1322 said:

You are assuming that

Also,  you are yelling at U2.com for something that TM did. I don't understand that. It is like yelling at the waitress because your food doesn't taste good.

Thank you!! At least something made me laugh today. 

• Haha 1

'Offer code is incorrect for this seat. Please double-check your offer code/password and try again!'

And now...the Experience codes are useless...

1 hour ago, legrose said:

At 10:00:01 there was nothing on the floor for LA, and I won't pay astronomical prices for seats ( I still have my first U2 ticket stub - $15).

At 11:51, I removed all of the checkboxes for price, and only checked floor. After about 5 submit attempts, 2 GAs finally came. up. 

Wow. I had to get to work and figured it was better to get two seats than nothing. For the general sale on Monday I will try for GA again and not give up for a couple hours at least.

I been a huge fan for 20 years, ive only been able to see them once on the 360 tour, I had tickets to Joshua tree but they canceled cause of the riots we were having here in st louis. Now I just purchased tickets today for the show may 4th, I bought the red zone tickets, what is your opinion on them? I've never purchased them before. would be nice to hear from someone who has more knowledge than me about the tickets. thank you guys! god bless.

2 minutes ago, u2fan1019 said:

I been a huge fan for 20 years, ive only been able to see them once on the 360 tour, I had tickets to Joshua tree but they canceled cause of the riots we were having here in st louis. Now I just purchased tickets today for the show may 4th, I bought the red zone tickets, what is your opinion on them? I've never purchased them before. would be nice to hear from someone who has more knowledge than me about the tickets. thank you guys! god bless.

We did the RedZone for TJT....I liked it. Lots of room, separate beer stand...free to come and go from the area. Plus pretty much walk right in after a very quick check in. I would have done it again, but taking my elderly mom who usually can't stand thru an entire concert.  

I’ve been scouring the web and researching information on how to try and catch a glimpse (and maybe a picture and/or autograph) of the band when they come in for sound check before the concert starts. I’ve got tickets to the show in San Jose at the SAP Center this coming May (2018). I would love any tips or advice of what to do and where to go to try and catch them entering the arena for sound check. I’ve loved them since I was a little girl and this would seriously be a dream come true to meet them! Thanks in advance for any help! 

1 hour ago, makanimesa said:

These dates are difficult for me because of work, so I'm going to try for the Nashville public onsale. I've actually had good luck with public onsales before, especially if I only need one ticket.

Question though: did I mess up my chances by deciding not use my Experience code yesterday? I didn't buy any tickets, so I'm  hoping to use it later if more convenient dates are added and I can plan a trip.

Keep in mind general sale is "lottery" too. I think the jury is out on whether or not the code will be valid for anything other than this leg (and even 2nd shows on this leg are not guaranteed).

I surrender. Tryin' to find 'normal' tix for NY but no chance.

No US tour this time.

18 minutes ago, chrissy1967 said:

We did the RedZone for TJT....I liked it. Lots of room, separate beer stand...free to come and go from the area. Plus pretty much walk right in after a very quick check in. I would have done it again, but taking my elderly mom who usually can't stand thru an entire concert.  

did they make you go to will call to pick up your ticket? 

Total fail from start to finish!!

I have been a subscriber for a few years now and was in the Experience group for the Joshua Tree Tour. I renewed as requested to get early access for this tour.

First, it removed me from the Experience group and placed me in the Innocence group. Multiple emails later and they still haven't replied or changed it back.

Second, they took away my unused discount code from the 2017 subscription. I emailed them and they said it was there at the bottom of the page. I emailed back to say, "No, that is the code for the new subscription!". Guess what....still waiting for a reply.

Third, went online to get tickets for MSG. The usual thing. Waited online forever only to be told the tickets I requested were no longer available. Tried again.....Only tickets available are $331 each for the 300 section!! So much for the Verified Fan thing. Looks like the brokers and scalpers have somehow managed to win again. But then again, it's TicketMaster. I should have expected nothing less.

Finally, why do Citibank Card holders get to buy up to 4 tickets tomorrow and long time fans only get to buy 2? I'm gonna hazard a guess that they will be one of the tour sponsors. Nothing dodgy going on there then!!

Sorry, but in my opinion, this whole having to renew despite already having a valid subscription and the Verified Fan system has been nothing but a huge money grubbing operation. I would have renewed regardless of a new tour or not when my 2017 subscription was due to expire. I am now left hoping that they at some point reverse my status to Experience and that the band announce additional dates in either NY or NJ.

NOT HAPPY!!!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mofoman said:

I surrender. Tryin' to find 'normal' tix for NY but no chance.

No US tour this time.

Probably no tour for me, either. 

What a total joke. No GA's available and ticket prices are beyond ridiculous.  Whatever happened to treating your true fans with respect?

I hope it turns into PopMart with a bunch of empty seats. They've soured me.

• Like 1

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! to the mods. While I did not encounter issues (I’m one of those in the Innocence penalty box for letting my membership lapse just before the cutoff date) I watched in awe as you seemingly tirelessly worked to help fellow fans. Proud to be part of a club with such fine people. Thanks! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 504jumper said:

Probably no tour for me, either. 

This was just one presale folks. Don’t give up all hope!  There is still the general sale and there will undoubtedly be many more shows added. 

1 hour ago, Punky_Strummer said:

Total fail from start to finish!!

I have been a subscriber for a few years now and was in the Experience group for the Joshua Tree Tour. I renewed as requested to get early access for this tour.

First, it removed me from the Experience group and placed me in the Innocence group. Multiple emails later and they still haven't replied or changed it back.

Second, they took away my unused discount code from the 2017 subscription. I emailed them and they said it was there at the bottom of the page. I emailed back to say, "No, that is the code for the new subscription!". Guess what....still waiting for a reply.

Third, went online to get tickets for MSG. The usual thing. Waited online forever only to be told the tickets I requested were no longer available. Tried again.....Only tickets available are $331 each for the 300 section!! So much for the Verified Fan thing. Looks like the brokers and scalpers have somehow managed to win again. But then again, it's TicketMaster. I should have expected nothing less.

Finally, why do Citibank Card holders get to buy up to 4 tickets tomorrow and long time fans only get to buy 2? I'm gonna hazard a guess that they will be one of the tour sponsors. Nothing dodgy going on there then!!

Sorry, but in my opinion, this whole having to renew despite already having a valid subscription and the Verified Fan system has been nothing but a huge money grubbing operation. I would have renewed regardless of a new tour or not when my 2017 subscription was due to expire. I am now left hoping that they at some point reverse my status to Experience and that the band announce additional dates in either NY or NJ.

NOT HAPPY!!!!

I feel your pain; I don't have tickets, either.  Dunno, if I'll be able to get tickets when they go on sale to the GP.  I kind of doubt it.  This might be the first time I miss a show since I've been a fan.

1 hour ago, u2fan1019 said:

I did RedZone for TJT and it was well worth it.  There is a special spot to pick up your RedZone stuff.  However, it goes to Will Call if you don't pick it up by a certain time.  I did GA this time for the LA show in May  I think the stage set up is the same for I&E and I think somewhere in the middle was better place to be when i had GA for those shows at the Forum in 2015.  They spend a lot of time on the b-stage and on the catwalk and in the cage/video screen thing.  So glad Lakers/Clippers/Kings have them at the Forum.  It's smaller and a great arena.  

ok just caught up with this good thread.  I want to say thanks to the mods.  I know there are some horror stories, and I think the A code folks had an issue, but this seems like less issues and there are more B codes.  I got my text, and so did my wife.  She got STL GA.  I got Uniondale.  We had GA for NY on her birthday in 2010, the last show of leg in Meadowlands, lol 7-19.  Anyway, Bono's back so the leg was canned I think is what happened.

Anyway, brother and sister didn't get tickets with their code.  I told them to assume they can try again when other shows are released.  I hope that is the case.  I assume it will. So if you have a code, some big cities will be available and there is still hope.  I had the renew too early issue up in the top of thread, but that worked out.  I think the Innocence group seemed to go ok.  There is not a lot of shows and I think that explains why the GA are ALL gone.  My brother in law as an A code he didn't use yet, holding out for a Detroit show, and he was saying more cities were out of GA before B codes, us, started.

Anyway, thanks to the mods and u2.  I know it's not smooth but today seemed "normal" with one offs. I think the A folks got crushed with the lotto algo used but this seemed ok.

Can a mod let the folks who didn't use codes yet know if there is hope with future shows. I am hoping the presales continue this week and then Monday during the public sale they announce more shows and the presale "A" folks start up again Tuesday.  Will there be a presale for the added shows?

Thanks again u2.com.  I miss propaganda and opening that envelope to see what you got (2 shows 2 tix each i recall), but this was ok for me and mrs today.  We missed Chicago, add Chicago2 PLEASE like the guy said up thread!.

Edited by sbeck

Just logging on here now since yesterday -  the sheer number of views of this thread has jumped to nearly 50,000!!! - WOW, just WOW!!! I hope that says something to the powers that be. Sometimes change is not good - not at all

People have to realize that the E&I tour, so far, is a small tour.  15 shows announced so far.  Tickets are in HIGH demand.  On the I&E tour, between London and NYC there were more shows than the E&I tour (so far).

Last time in NYC there were 8 shows, so you have an 8 times better chance of the tickets you wanted.

Let's all sit back and hope for more shows being announcec.

I think this was a tes tof teh VF system, did not go so well.  They will ahve to tweak TM's VF algorithm and maybe there are some reasons that people did not get codes.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, james busick said:

This was just one presale folks. Don’t give up all hope!  There is still the general sale and there will undoubtedly be many more shows added. 

Agreed. MANY more shows will be added.

Just looking at the second half of the tour from Montreal to Newark, they play a show, then the next show is four days later. It follows this pattern all the way until the end. There is no way they are only playing 7 shows in 25 days (counting inclusively) in this relatively small part of North America (i.e., Southern Quebec/Ontario to Washington, D.C.). Every concert announced so far during this part of the tour will very likely have a second date at/near the ones currently announced - MSG will very likely have two more. If I were a betting person, June 23 or 30 would be a very likely 'Saturday Night Live' appearance.

Just keep your eyes open...