bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

3 hours ago, medulla said:

so there is the possibility that it is no longer usable?

At this point, it is unknown. 

Dear All,

i am a new subscriber so i am new in this forum. I've got some questions:

For the fact i paid 50$ am i a verified subscriber?

I am interested in the European Leg, my set up is incomplete, what should i do?

What should i do in order to have my gift?

Thanks very much and sorry if i bothered you

5 minutes ago, cafiero2 said:

Dear All,

i am a new subscriber so i am new in this forum. I've got some questions:

For the fact i paid 50$ am i a verified subscriber?

I am interested in the European Leg, my set up is incomplete, what should i do?

What should i do in order to have my gift?

Thanks very much and sorry if i bothered you

No bother at all... welcome to Zootopia!

the verified subscriber process for the US/CA dates is explained in the FAQ which is available in the HELP section: http://www.u2.com/help

As of right now, the process for the EU dates presales has not been published yet. Please keep checking the site and Zootopia periodically - You will be able to find it here...

4 hours ago, manu51 said:

What is the gift for subscriber before the end of year for whose resubscribe before the end of the year?

You would get the option of the JT singles/live vinyls (this year's gift) or next year's gift which hasn't been announced yet (this will allegedly be revealed in January; failing that, as soon as possible after that).

Hello,

I'm from France, 

I have few questions :

I'm have a verified account, i got a code during US presales (didn't used it) even if I went to the JT30 in Paris (with presale code on this current subcription). Still don't understand why i had a presale code.

I have a valid subscription until february 2018 but I would like to renew before the EU presales will start. But there's no link on my account, so it's impossible.

So how can I renewed before it's too late ?

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, olgaguimier said:

Hello,
I'm from France,

I have few questions :
I'm have a verified account, i got a code during US presales (didn't used it) even if I went to the JT30 in Paris (with presale code on this current subcription). Still don't understand why i had a presale code.
I have a valid subscription until february 2018 but I would like to renew before the EU presales will start. But there's no link on my account, so it's impossible.
So how can I renewed before it's too late ?
Thanks in advance.

As you mention, you got a code because you have a verified account for the US/CA presale...

To resubscribe go to http://www.u2.com/subscribe while logged in into your account...

2 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

As you mention, you got a code because you have a verified account for the US/CA presale...

To resubscribe go to http://www.u2.com/subscribe while logged in into your account...

2 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

Done. Thank you very much for your help.

On 12/19/2017 at 12:16 AM, cpp203 said:

Didn't receive my gift yet & it seems like everyone else in the US did.

You aren't the only one. No sign of anything and I'm in NYC.

On 12/20/2017 at 8:16 PM, hillpy2 said:

Has ANYone successfully given a "u2.com GIFT subscription" to anyone???  What a frickin disaster this has been in just TRYING to get them to intelligently answer our questions.  I now want a refund of my $50.00, but "u2.com" says to contact the  "merchandise store" for a refund, and the Merchandise store says to contact "U2.com."   They Should just shut down "U2.com" and FIX IT, or else just do away with it.  

After at least four different, Conflicting  responses from U2.com, (they would tell us one thing, then tell us the exact opposite) and then being told to contact fanfare.com and many emails to every possible "help" contact on every possible website, Finally, on time off from work (because I live in different time zone so phoning them is Not convenient) and being put on hold for about a 1/2 hour, finally got a phone operator who was supposedly able to give me a refund (once again I'll believe it when I see it).  ALL this because the 'gift' subscriptions as set up in U2.com Do Not Work.  This along with all the trouble fans had to go through to be "verified" yet still not be able to get very good seats or Any GA access to 2018 shows leaves us all feeling the true insignificance of being fans.  Well, 'fans', just take this as a warning...

Edited by hillpy2

Yes...would very much love a download of U2 at the BBC?  Is there still going to be that special musical gift they told us about for subscribing, or is this just the typical where they say they will do something

but don't (such as shipping the fan club vinyl gifts in December)?

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:56 PM, bgans said:

I haven't received anything yet either and I'm in Nebraska

On 12/19/2017 at 12:16 AM, cpp203 said:

Didn't receive my gift yet & it seems like everyone else in the US did.

On 12/21/2017 at 9:56 PM, bgans said:

3 hours ago, satyr1313 said:

I haven't received anything yet either and I'm in Nebraska

Nor has anything appeared in suburban Philly - but the last mailing day of the year is today. Hope springs eternal...

Sadly this is how the u2 fanclub works....we were told 1) the gifts for the fanclub (which I purchased Dec of 2016 by the way) would ship by Dec 2017...and they could not even keep a promise to ship something within a year!!!!.....2) we would receive a special music surprise in December if we resubscribed for 2018 (nothing yet...1 more day in 2017 I suppose!)...and 3) we would find out the 2018 gift in January 2018 (we shall see!!)

Can anyone from u2.com answer to any of this?

Edited by skapus
  • Like 3

On 12/30/2017 at 12:42 AM, dmway said:

Nor has anything appeared in suburban Philly - but the last mailing day of the year is today. Hope springs eternal...

...and hope dies. Nothing today...