bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Recommended Posts

I hope that the "special music surprise in December" is not the Liner Note Short Documentary:angry: (which is not so special as it was already available through Apple Music and it will be available in one week for everyone)...U2.com is really on the wrong way...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everybody,

i wish you all the best and lots of great music and wonderful U2 moments for 2018 :) 

a friend just sent me this article, not quite sure if this is the best thread to put it in but at least many ppl have been active here the last weeks... 

http://www.nme.com/news/music/ticket-touts-bots-now-illegal-uk-2202748

 

not sure if it will help all over Europe or USA or elsewhere in the world but it is a start maybe... 

 

Edited by chulia83
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, chulia83 said:

Hello everybody,

i wish you all the best and lots of great music and wonderful U2 moments for 2018 :) 

a friend just sent me this article, not quite sure if this is the best thread to put it in but at least many ppl have been active here the last weeks... 

http://www.nme.com/news/music/ticket-touts-bots-now-illegal-uk-2202748

 

not sure if it will help all over Europe or USA or elsewhere in the world but it is a start maybe... 

 

I hope that everything will be fine here in Europe for the e&i tour ticket pre/general-sales. The asticle gives hope, hopefully it'll pure all over the world. I would like every resale-platform to guarantee that tickets are only allowed to resale at face-value, or if then +max. delivery&payment-fee. If it's prohibited to resale at higher prices than that the problem should be solved...maybe to add something to the tickets that make them unique and for fans to check if the ticket is a real one and if paperless that it's not handed to more than one person.

I don't know if this thread is the right one to post this...is there a thread for this?? I guess there are lots of us who make up their minds to find a way that only fans get tickets at normal prices and that the ticket is real and not given to more then one person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy New Year to all !

 

I wish to knwo how to validate my email address ? I ahve this in my qaccoutn info opage: 

EMAIL STATUS
Not Confirmed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mariane said:

Happy New Year to all !

 

I wish to knwo how to validate my email address ? I ahve this in my qaccoutn info opage: 

EMAIL STATUS
Not Confirmed

Happy New Year!

 

Have you try to type your email again, and then save/update/submit?

Try and lets see what happend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy New Year to you all.

I'm in the UK and like nearly everyone else, I haven't received the subscription gift that I selected back in January 2017!! Any update please U2 .com ? Rob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tooby7 said:

Happy New Year to you all.

I'm in the UK and like nearly everyone else, I haven't received the subscription gift that I selected back in January 2017!! Any update please U2 .com ? Rob.

it's still being sent... have in mind that there are thousands of packages so it's not always possible to have them the first day...

for what is worth, I haven't received it yet...

meanwhile, you can have the tracks - check the downloads in your profile...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

it's still being sent... have in mind that there are thousands of packages so it's not always possible to have them the first day...

for what is worth, I haven't received it yet...

meanwhile, you can have the tracks - check the downloads in your profile...

Thanks for the reply Max, that's good to hear about the downloads too. 

Kevin, thank you for sharing your post too.

Cheers 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 7-1-2018 at 10:52 PM, StevieO said:

I purchased new cd and I am a subscriber, will I get two codes? Thx.

Yes, I think so!

Same here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sleathy! said:

Any news on the european Dates as yet???

I don't know if anyone knows yet - at least here. I've even heard a moderator or two say here recently that they haven't heard anything yet.

I'm personally curious whether they are going to begin selling tickets for the European tour first, or selling tickets for extra shows on the leg announced so far that are clearly (IMHO anyway) going to happen eventually (e.g., third shows for NYC and/or LA and/or Chicago).

I guess we'll find out before too long...

 

Edited by dmway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tvgio.com said:

Hi, what about 2018 subscriber gift? Any rumours of what could it be ?

We don’t know what it is yet; but check back, as soon as we know, we will post the info in here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two weeks ago I renewed my membership, because I had to.

If they announce European tour coming weeks, will I get codes automaticly? Or do I have to renew again? 

Anyone Who knows this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I re-subscribed a few days ago. Whilst doing so, i found it farcical, that i was asked to choose between receiving last years gift, or 2018s gift, which they cant tell me what it is. What a joke!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/01/2018 at 7:57 PM, chulia83 said:

Hello everybody,

i wish you all the best and lots of great music and wonderful U2 moments for 2018 :) 

a friend just sent me this article, not quite sure if this is the best thread to put it in but at least many ppl have been active here the last weeks... 

http://www.nme.com/news/music/ticket-touts-bots-now-illegal-uk-2202748

 

not sure if it will help all over Europe or USA or elsewhere in the world but it is a start maybe... 

 

I see it doesnt ban Bots completely from buying tickets, only prevents them from bulk buying. I reckon they will find a way around this new law and nothing will actually change, in favour of the real fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, achtunglady1971 said:

I used my codes for my JT tickets and my membership  doesnt expire until 16th February 2018 but I can't see where I can renew. Am I too late? 

I just renewed mine....just to be sure.

Couldn't find the renewal button either......so I tried it another way

I visited my account info page (www.u2.com/profile), the next step is to replace /profile for /subscribe (ww.u2.com/subscribe) and you'll be led to  the right page for renewal.

Hope that wil work for you too :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gman70 said:

I see it doesnt ban Bots completely from buying tickets, only prevents them from bulk buying. I reckon they will find a way around this new law and nothing will actually change, in favour of the real fans

Exactly my worries... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What us the criteria to be rated in the experience or innocence group, I thought @ years would qualify for experience, but I'm still in the innocense group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi.

My subscription will expire next month, but cannot renew ( I cannot find "renew button" or anything alike). I am a little worried to lose my long-time subscriber status to access presales for U2.com members. Anyone can suggest me what I should do or is it the same for everyone? 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.