bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

A nice surprise to find.  The U2 3D Dance Remixes are available to download.  Check your account page. 

:u2-1383:

...sigh...

I wish I could call it a surprise, but it isn't - crappy mp3s yet again... 😭

If the mp3 downloads show up in our accounts, does that mean we will receive the vinyl discs in the mail?

29 minutes ago, Arngrim said:

If the mp3 downloads show up in our accounts, does that mean we will receive the vinyl discs in the mail?

Nope, this just means the downloads are available.  Still no word on delivery of the vinyl.  In the original announcement they said " More news on delivery schedules in the coming days."  That was almost 2 months ago.

• Sad 1

On 5/30/2018 at 5:59 PM, lostsoul said:

A nice surprise to find.  The U2 3D Dance Remixes are available to download.  Check your account page. 

On 5/30/2018 at 6:03 PM, dmway said:

...sigh...

I wish I could call it a surprise, but it isn't - crappy mp3s yet again... 😭

...and today is a truly blessed day.

After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard.

If you look in your account information, not only is there a download link for mp3s, there is now a download link for WAV files!

Those who want to have this collection on CD can now burn one on their own.

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is the old expression; in this case, it finally came to pass.

Sincere thanks to the mods who must have passed on our (numerous) complaints about wanting to have higher-quality downloads - and thanks to the higher-ups for finally acquiescing to a request that, frankly, was always a reasonable one.

A very good U2 day! B)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Brilliant 1

2 hours ago, Hank134 said:

Hi All

Has the u2 3D vinyls being posted out ?

No. Keep checking back, as soon as we hear official word that they are shipping, we will post that in here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi mich40

Thanks for the fast reply.

My eyes make a circle.:POP_Heart_01:

On 5/30/2018 at 10:59 PM, lostsoul said:

Ummm  not  on my  account  page.....

Finally, the U2 3-D Dance Remixes vinyl have been shipped. :Bananaphisto: 

Today, I received mine with the usual thud by the postman. 🤬 Whether or not it is labeled fragile, the postman always delivers vinyl with no love and respect. Probably throws it. 😡 

So, did anyone else receive their vinyl gift? 

Hey, it is right in time to start talking about the 2019 gift. 😁 

I got an email four days ago telling me that my vinyl has shipped. Every day since I have clicked on the tracking link only to find:

USPS Currently Awaiting Package

They sent my package to the wrong address, even though I updated my address months ago when I moved.  I have sent several emails to Live Nation and no response.  Anyone have any ideas on alternate contact methods??

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vevillar said:

They sent my package to the wrong address, even though I updated my address months ago when I moved.  I have sent several emails to Live Nation and no response.  Anyone have any ideas on alternate contact methods??

Have you been using the form here: https://www.u2.com/help

You may also call at: (855) 867-5297 (inside the US) or +1(949) 333-4820 (outside the US).

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, vevillar said:

On mine the shipping email shows my old address but the order page in the shop shows the correct address.  I e-mailed them and will try calling tomorrow.  I also updated my address months ago.  I'm sure they will make it right one way or another.

• Upvote 1

Me 2 !  My unit was updated on u2 account before my other utilities and sent to wrong unit.  No one answers the phone at live nation.  

Leaves me hearing a loop from songs of innocence. Guess no one has been Into the office for years to update the music.  Hahah. Ugh.  All down hill after farming out to live nation.    Help !,

Edited by artalvarez

I got my vinyl "wall art" (that most probably will never see a wall :rolleyes:) too today.

At least we got WAV downloads this year; I wonder when the site will save themselves money by not posting out vinyl (which costs more both to make and to ship than CDs) to those who don't want vinyl. The obstinacy does boggle the mind...

Oh well - for those who are waiting for the vinyl, it is coming.

• Like 1

I got my 2017 subscription gift last month only (redeemed it in May 2017). So I was over the moon to get an email yesterday saying my 2018 had "already" been shipped... to my OLD address! I have changed my address on my account over 9 months ago and they have sent my 2017 gift to the correct address, but they apparently decided to use the old one anyway for the 2018 gift.

I called and the lady took my "new" address (even though it is the address showing on the order page for my gift on the website) and she said it would be shipped again to me when in stock, in the order the gifts are redeemed. I expect to wait as long as I did for my 2017 gift now...

Someone needs to get a grip at Live Nation Merchandise. It is just a terrible, terrible service!

Bit confused here. Is it correct that you don't have to redeem the 3D vinyls? I can download the mp3's/wav files, but in my account there's no info about the vinyls. Also didn't get an email at all about the 2018 gift... 

15 minutes ago, starshaped said:

Bit confused here. Is it correct that you don't have to redeem the 3D vinyls? I can download the mp3's/wav files, but in my account there's no info about the vinyls. Also didn't get an email at all about the 2018 gift... 

You did not have to redeem for the 3D vinyls. Also, they go out in batches, so not all have received the email or shipping info yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/23/2018 at 4:43 PM, dmway said:

"From your mouth to God's ear", as the old expression goes. That's been my position from the first time I started talking about it here last summer.

I hope it happens this year; I agree that it is inexplicable if it doesn't.

I agree with you! It’s nice they give a gift, but I don’t have a record player and don’t plan on getting one. If they had just offered free downloads then more people would be thrilled to receive the subscription gift.  Cool covers on the records though!... and I don’t even know anyone who has a record player!! -sorry

• Like 1

Got my vinyl, too! My husband's is on the way.  Now to just find a friend with a record player....I agree it's a bit of a bummer for them to be producing records and shipping them to so many people who will not play them.  Whatever. I was one of the lucky few whose fan club membership worked out and got me pre-sale tickets.  Worth it!!

• Like 1