bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

2 hours ago, cantinadetim said:

I love vinyl releases and enjoy listening to vinyl. But it seems pretty clear to me that they simply need to do both a CD version and a vinyl version of gifts and let subscribers choose.

The recently announced gift is a bit of a let down for sure. Not sure how many fans are excited about dance remixes (and I own a lot U2 remixes because, well, U2...). Live show recordings or unreleased tracks are the jackpot for these kind of releases as far as I'm concerned. I thought the Joshua Tree singles release was great, and I would love entire live shows on vinyl/cd, too.

As others have pointed out, at the very least vinyl gifts should come with a lossless download. It's insane and inexplicable that they don't.

"From your mouth to God's ear", as the old expression goes. That's been my position from the first time I started talking about it here last summer.

I hope it happens this year; I agree that it is inexplicable if it doesn't.

• Like 1

A nice surprise to find.  The U2 3D Dance Remixes are available to download.  Check your account page. 

:u2-1383:

...sigh...

I wish I could call it a surprise, but it isn't - crappy mp3s yet again... 😭

If the mp3 downloads show up in our accounts, does that mean we will receive the vinyl discs in the mail?

29 minutes ago, Arngrim said:

If the mp3 downloads show up in our accounts, does that mean we will receive the vinyl discs in the mail?

Nope, this just means the downloads are available.  Still no word on delivery of the vinyl.  In the original announcement they said " More news on delivery schedules in the coming days."  That was almost 2 months ago.

• Sad 1

On 5/30/2018 at 5:59 PM, lostsoul said:

A nice surprise to find.  The U2 3D Dance Remixes are available to download.  Check your account page. 

On 5/30/2018 at 6:03 PM, dmway said:

...sigh...

I wish I could call it a surprise, but it isn't - crappy mp3s yet again... 😭

...and today is a truly blessed day.

After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard.

If you look in your account information, not only is there a download link for mp3s, there is now a download link for WAV files!

Those who want to have this collection on CD can now burn one on their own.

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is the old expression; in this case, it finally came to pass.

Sincere thanks to the mods who must have passed on our (numerous) complaints about wanting to have higher-quality downloads - and thanks to the higher-ups for finally acquiescing to a request that, frankly, was always a reasonable one.

A very good U2 day! B)

• Thanks 1
  • Brilliant 1