Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

2 minutes ago, mich40 said:

They are currently working on things. Give it some time for the kinks to get ironed out. 

OK thanks :)  I will chill for a few days.  I would think there should not be a penalty for us weekend folks who signed up to get ready for this announcement.  Funny, now it is making more work lol instead of getting it taken care of.  Thanks I will take your advice.

8 hours ago, bonoeire said:

Has anyone else had a problem at the Fan Validation page?  I successfully linked ticketmaster, but even after renewing subscription (which actually was not expiring until april), I still do not have the subscription line unlocked.  As a result, I still have the red incomplete message.  

Any suggestions?

Sign out of U2.com, and then sign in again, and it will show "complete."

8 hours ago, bonoeire said:

Has anyone else had a problem at the Fan Validation page?  I successfully linked ticketmaster, but even after renewing subscription (which actually was not expiring until april), I still do not have the subscription line unlocked.  As a result, I still have the red incomplete message.  

Any suggestions?

Just sign out of U2.com and then sign back in.  It should update to "complete."

7 minutes ago, nitz1 said:

In my past experience I could only register for one show in the generals sales -the registration asks you to choose one- that code will only work when you try to buy tix for that show - so I am not sure about registering multiple times good question

Can I register for #VerifiedFan ticket access more than once?

Fans may only register once per show/date for each #VerifiedFan sale. (You may register for multiple sales – Fan Club, Citi or #VerifiedFan.)

i guess the the question is what does this mean exactly- can you register one time in each presale for one show only or register multiple times for multiple shows in each sale - thoughts appreciated their language is bad.

Ok. I have the following, this means I'm all set for the fan club presale and can expect my code by text, correct?:

SETUP COMPLETE

You have until Sunday, November 12 at 7pm PT to complete the above setup.

Verified Subscribers will receive a text on November 14, 2017, 2 to 4 hours prior to the start of the presale. Your text will include your link to purchase and your unique presale access code to unlock access to tickets before the presale begins.

We know the suspense can stressful, we'll send more details the evening of November 13, 2017 with updates and tips to prep for the Verified Subscriber Presale.

6 minutes ago, Superstar1976 said:

Ok. I have the following, this means I'm all set for the fan club presale and can expect my code by text, correct?:

SETUP COMPLETE

You have until Sunday, November 12 at 7pm PT to complete the above setup.

Verified Subscribers will receive a text on November 14, 2017, 2 to 4 hours prior to the start of the presale. Your text will include your link to purchase and your unique presale access code to unlock access to tickets before the presale begins.

We know the suspense can stressful, we'll send more details the evening of November 13, 2017 with updates and tips to prep for the Verified Subscriber Presale.

Yes. You should be good to go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bgans said:

I can't imagine that the dates listed are all they will be playing on this tour. I can't remember the last time they only played MSG for one night. In 2015, they played 8 nights at the Garden. It may not be as many this time, since they are also appearing at Nassau Coliseum and the Pru, but this can't be the full list. My guess is that they are still nailing down some dates, but wanted the tour announcement out with the "official" album release date.

Vertigo, Leg 1 - only one MSG show.

5 hours ago, bigwave said:

it states just for US dates, but it you are outside US and want to attend those shows you will need to follow process

So, are you saying that those of us looking to buy tickets for Montreal don’t need to setup a Verified Fan account?

1 minute ago, peterdiaz said:

So, are you saying that those of us looking to buy tickets for Montreal don’t need to setup a Verified Fan account?

by US it means North America... I'm interested in Montreal and I am in the process of doing it - including opening a TM.ca *and* US account, just in case...

bottom line: for any show in this tour, to be part of the presale you ought to have a verified fan account...

Just now, Max Tsukino said:

by US it means North America... I'm interested in Montreal and I am in the process of doing it - including opening a TM.ca *and* US account, just in case...

bottom line: for any show in this tour, to be part of the presale you ought to have a verified fan account...

Thanks...

How are you connecting both a .ca and a .com account to U2.com?

And the Bell Centre doesn’t use TM so it’s odd that Verifrd Fan (VF) is required. Is it confirmed that VF is required, or is it a best-guess?

Just now, peterdiaz said:

Thanks...

How are you connecting both a .ca and a .com account to U2.com?

And the Bell Centre doesn’t use TM so it’s odd that Verifrd Fan (VF) is required. Is it confirmed that VF is required, or is it a best-guess?

connected the .com... my original account is com.mx, but so far has worked here and in .ca ...

I strongly recommend to check the .com account, just in case...

2 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

connected the .com... my original account is com.mx, but so far has worked here and in .ca ...

I strongly recommend to check the .com account, just in case...

I appreciate your answers, but they just don’t make a lot of sense in the case of Montreal:

1) The Bell Centre doesn’t use TM.

2) Why connect .com for a Canadian show?

Again, is your suggestion based on confirmed info or is it a best guess?

Just now, peterdiaz said:

I appreciate your answers, but they just don’t make a lot of sense in the case of Montreal:

1) The Bell Centre doesn’t use TM.

2) Why connect .com for a Canadian show?

Again, is your suggestion based on confirmed info or is it a best guess?

it's what I did...

Just now, Max Tsukino said:

it's what I did...

I sense a reluctance for you to state that this advice has been confirmed.

My subscription lasts until Jan 9th 2018. The presale is in November. Why are we being asked to renew EARLY? Seems like another shameless U2 ploy to grab an extra $40. I can afford it but what about all the people who can't? 

So ... is this the new deal? Renew early, even if you have time left on your subscription, or you can't become Ticketmaster verified? 

2 minutes ago, peterdiaz said:

I sense a reluctance for you to state that this advice has been confirmed.

just checked... ticketmaster.com has a list of all the US venues, as well as Montreal in the "Dates Scheduled in Other Countries" section... The link opens a new tab to evenko.ca...

http://www.evenko.ca/en/events/13350/u2-the-experience-innocence-tour-2018/bell-centre/06-05-2018

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nitz1 said:
Can I register for #VerifiedFan ticket access more than once?

Fans may only register once per show/date for each #VerifiedFan sale. (You may register for multiple sales – Fan Club, Citi or #VerifiedFan.)

i guess the the question is what does this mean exactly- can you register one time in each presale for one show only or register multiple times for multiple shows in each sale - thoughts appreciated their language is bad.

In my past VF experiences, you can (and should) register for each city you want to go to.  I received codes for 3 different cities  in one go-round.  You'll just need to pay attention to ticket limits and prioritize when actually buying the tickets.

since it doesn't ask for a city preference through the fan club/Ticketmaster linkup process, I'm assuming that fan club member codes will be usable st any show once tix go on (pre)sale for us.

the Citi presale seems to be running through the VF system where you need to register for each city you are interested in and will get a different code for each city you are "randomly" selected for.

as far as venues whose ticketing does not go through TM, you still sign up for Verified Fan through TM and get a code via text but you will actually purchase through whichever site/service that venue uses.

finally, keep in mind that fan club presale tix will likely be non-transferable like with JT2017, but Citi & general VF onsale will probably let you choose between paper & electronic tickets that you can later transfer.

2 hours ago, mich40 said:

Yes, you may split it for 1 ticket for two shows, for 2 tickets total. My apologizes, I should have been more clear. 

Wonderful! Thank you for clarifying. :)

8 hours ago, bigwave said:

open a US TM account, belt & braces

Thanks so much for teaching us with limited abilities wonderful english sayings.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/belt-and-braces

However, you seem to offer this solution to people not planning to buy US tickets. To me that just seems totally wrong?

"the use of two or more actions in order to be extra careful about something, although only one is really necessary:"

4 hours ago, bigwave said:

when setting up, add your country code symbol, and drop '0' etc, like image example number, (then when verified it will show the '0' automatically')

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 01.12.58.png

And if they dial the 0 after the intl code me and many others will not get the messages and the presale code 

@Max Tsukino @bigwave

I suspect you are inundated with messages, so hope that you can help me with an easy question :)

I am in the UK and will want to attend UK leg. I have renewed and verified by connecting my TM US account (I have both a UK and US account) and the setup shows as complete on my account.

As I want to attend UK show, should I disconnect my TM US account and wait for the process for the European leg, or should I leave my U2.com account as showing 'setup complete' please.

19 minutes ago, lorri_ said:

@Max Tsukino @bigwave

I suspect you are inundated with messages, so hope that you can help me with an easy question :)

I am in the UK and will want to attend UK leg. I have renewed and verified by connecting my TM US account (I have both a UK and US account) and the setup shows as complete on my account.

As I want to attend UK show, should I disconnect my TM US account and wait for the process for the European leg, or should I leave my U2.com account as showing 'setup complete' please.

for the moment leave it as is... once there is an announcement for any European dates it will be checked for if there's a need to disconnect it or not...

• Like 1

Just checking back on the subscription part of this - I understand the other bits and have them done but my subscription has an expiry of September 10 2018 - I haven't had or used a presale code from that sub (it's only 7 weeks old) do I absolutely need to get a new sub for presale access? 

(Only intend using it for European leg)  

Side note, fair play to the mods for the trojan work on answering everything in this thread. 

I really wonder whether or not these instructions and processes are tested with some people before publishing them. A lot of this discussions seems to be caused by rather unclear messages.

Well, on the other hand the actual presale has worked nicely for me in the past and hope it will do so now too. And I will calmly wait for the European info ;)

21 minutes ago, danjo said:

Just checking back on the subscription part of this - I understand the other bits and have them done but my subscription has an expiry of September 10 2018 - I haven't had or used a presale code from that sub (it's only 7 weeks old) do I absolutely need to get a new sub for presale access? 

(Only intend using it for European leg)  

Side note, fair play to the mods for the trojan work on answering everything in this thread. 

It has been asked for clarification, please keep checking the zoo periodically for any possible answer...

be aware that this particular answer could possibly arrive until the European dates presale period (meaning it may not be immediate)... so, patience, calmness and zen...