Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

3 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

It has been asked for clarification, please keep checking the zoo periodically for any possible answer...

be aware that this particular answer could possibly arrive until the European dates presale period (meaning it may not be immediate)... so, patience, calmness and zen...

Gotchya - Thanks Max. 

I think people are panicking. If you are outside the US don’t verify to a TM US account u less you want to go to the US to see them. Wait until this current presale is over and the European dates are announced. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

What happens then giftwise with that?

I should get the vinyl set in December then next year hopefully get the new gift and a code for pre-sales. 

17 minutes ago, oscarsear said:

I think people are panicking. If you are outside the US don’t verify to a TM US account u less you want to go to the US to see them. Wait until this current presale is over and the European dates are announced. 

Seems that easy. You can resub and not verify with TM until the European dates get announced. If you have verified you can easily just disconnect with the link there that says disconnect lol. 

Edited by utwothefly

So being subscribed to u2.con for years means absolutely nothing anymore..... you’re not considered a verified fan unless you pay for subscription twice!!!  Absolutely disgusting ?. Current subscribers should be able to link to their TM account and be verified, because you have proven loyalty by already being a subscriber!   But instead..... you invite scalpers to get a brand new sub and get verified?!  I really hoped this band would respect their fans and appreciate longevity.... but it seems not.  It’s all about putting fans in a position where they have to fork out On another subscription to get pre-sales.  Shame on you U2 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Sue1 said:

So being subscribed to u2.con for years means absolutely nothing anymore..... you’re not considered a verified fan unless you pay for subscription twice!!!  Absolutely disgusting ?. Current subscribers should be able to link to their TM account and be verified, because you have proven loyalty by already being a subscriber!   But instead..... you invite scalpers to get a brand new sub and get verified?!  I really hoped this band would respect their fans and appreciate longevity.... but it seems not.  It’s all about putting fans in a position where they have to fork out On another subscription to get pre-sales.  Shame on you U2 

Couldn't agree more with you Sue, They are absolutly ripping the fans off!

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

9 hours ago, bigwave said:

yes

Dropping the leading Zero does not work, the webform ADD's the leaing zero back by itself , trie to update multiple times, reentered the phone number, the webform still add's the zero automattically..

12 hours ago, bigwave said:

Anyone else unable to make a US TM account from outside the US? I managed (from UK)

I am from Denmark and had no problem creating a US TM account. Think I have 3 or 4 different accounts by now due to U2 Tours around the world.

Hi there. Could someone please clarify something for me. I'm a long term subscriber and will renew my current membership which expires in February. I'm also going to order the Deluxe version of SOE through U2.com. I want access to the European shows pre-sale. Do I understand right that I will receive pre-sale access by being a U2.com subscriber & I will also get access to the next their down pre-sale by buying the album? Thus I can buy 4 tickets? Thank you. Paul

16 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps.

For Europe, please wait until the procedure is published. Thanks.

It would be a very good idea to publish this somewhere prominent on the web site.There are a huge amount of people in Europe who are very confused about this issue. When we look at our account details we are told to complete the verified process.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oisin269 said:

It would be a very good idea to publish this somewhere prominent on the web site.There are a huge amount of people in Europe who are very confused about this issue. When we look at our account details we are told to complete the verified process.

Yes, give us Europeans some clarity.

40 minutes ago, paulmaidment said:

Hi there. Could someone please clarify something for me. I'm a long term subscriber and will renew my current membership which expires in February. I'm also going to order the Deluxe version of SOE through U2.com. I want access to the European shows pre-sale. Do I understand right that I will receive pre-sale access by being a U2.com subscriber & I will also get access to the next their down pre-sale by buying the album? Thus I can buy 4 tickets? Thank you. Paul

That’s my understanding as well. Win win I think

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps.

For Europe, please wait until the procedure is published. Thanks.

Thanx Max! I will just sit back and relax for now then. ?

Hi all I clicked all links i.e ticketmaster US and renewed subscription I live in Ireland have I Fucked up??? ALSO having trouble with preorder goes to basket but won't check out Help??? 

10 minutes ago, majella said:

Hi all I clicked all links i.e ticketmaster US and renewed subscription I live in Ireland have I Fucked up??? ALSO having trouble with preorder goes to basket but won't check out Help??? 

No. You should be fine and can always disconnect from the US Ticketmaster account. As for the preorder, the shop is currently dealing with a lot of traffic, please be patient and keep trying. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jo Van de Vreken said:

Yes, give us Europeans some clarity.

So for those in Europe not wanting to go to the US tour, although we need to re-subscribe to the fansite to get presales for the new tour, do we still have to do this by 12 November or can we wait?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bonoeire said:

Has anyone else had a problem at the Fan Validation page?  I successfully linked ticketmaster, but even after renewing subscription (which actually was not expiring until april), I still do not have the subscription line unlocked.  As a result, I still have the red incomplete message.  

Any suggestions?

Sign out completely, wait 10  minutes and go back in. Mine took a little while to register, even after I'd received my confirmation emails for the re-sub and the coupon lol!

18 hours ago, Anjana said:

Confused.

Does the 2018  resub/link to TM account etc only apply for North American presales?

I am in U.K., do I need to resub etc at this stage?

I have the same question. I live in Belgium and my subscription is valid until March 2 2018.

Since I will not participate in the American presale, but only in the European presale I guess there is no need to resub already now.

Can somebody confirm this? Or am I mistaken and is everybody who wants to attend the next tour obliged to resub before November 12?

Sorry if this question has already been answered elsewhere in this thread.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oscarsear said:

Verification is required for the Montreal (Canada) show as well.

Edited by peterdiaz

Like quite a few people on hear, still waiting for the Official heads up on when  those of us living in Europe (UK in my case) and not buying tixs for North America need to Renew our subscription by to still qualify!! For presale Tix? Don't particularly want to set up a US Ticketmaster account I'll never use. Think the main. Issue is , If we don't re-sub and verify by 12th November , would this take us out of European Pre-Sale?(  though this does seem unlikely).!

Also pre-ordering the New Album. Hubby not member of U2.Com , trying to order the Vinyl version for my Xmas Present, through site , but when trys to add to Cart just keep's taking him back to registration screen which he's already completed. Any suggestions ? How to resolve this. The Q&A states can also order from listed partners. below !!  Re  getting a Pre- Sale code via that route. However no partners listed that we can see. !!Would Amazon for example be an official partner.

Sorry for long post , but quite a lot going on in our U2 World at the moment!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, julieh said:

Like quite a few people on hear, still waiting for the Official heads up on when  those of us living in Europe (UK in my case) and not buying tixs for North America need to Renew our subscription by to still qualify!! For presale Tix? Don't particularly want to set up a US Ticketmaster account I'll never use. Think the main. Issue is , If we don't re-sub and verify by 12th November , would this take us out of European Pre-Sale?(  though this does seem unlikely).!

Also pre-ordering the New Album. Hubby not member of U2.Com , trying to order the Vinyl version for my Xmas Present, through site , but when trys to add to Cart just keep's taking him back to registration screen which he's already completed. Any suggestions ? How to resolve this. The Q&A states can also order from listed partners. below !!  Re  getting a Pre- Sale code via that route. However no partners listed that we can see. !!Would Amazon for example be an official partner.

Sorry for long post , but quite a lot going on in our U2 World at the moment!!

Getting same screen when trying to order album. Although it does say that purchase isn’t required for signing up to presale

Yes , have read others having same problem which is why he is thinking of ordering  via another "Partner"!  If I can find out who they are !.Seems a shame it appears can't currently order via website.!Maybe just busy