Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

10 minutes ago, clarkbeforethedawn said:

Renewed my subscription for $40 on August 1,6, 2017. Yet being told at my account page that I have to subscribe AGAIN to have access to U2.com presale. Does not make any sense .I have to pay twice to get access to the presale?

(And by the way, never got the Joshua Tree vinyl that was promised..)

Does Ticketmaster.com or Live Nation ever beta test this stuff? Why is it always this painful?

I am in the same boat as you and Kevin and others.  I don't get why Bigwave can't get a list of names of folks who reupped in late Oct, or earlier, to get it over with and take care of us. 

Bigwave is that something you can do to help us?

14 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Please contact Customer Service via the Help Page about this.

Re: the vinyl, it has not shipped out yet. Expected shipping in December.

Can you give us a script or something we should say to get right to the point if we have to call ourselves?  Can you give your names, would they know the mods or Bigwave?

18 hours ago, bgans said:

That's how it worked for SoB and for the Harry Potter Play in New York. "Verified Fan" is simply a lottery for A CHANCE to buy tickets. I was put on standby for both and did not get codes for either one. No code, no ability to even try to buy tickets.

Now I am being asked to pay $40 for what is in essence a lottery ticket (with no rules, no transparency and no accountability). I have been skeptical of Ticketmaster/Live Nation for a very, very long time. This is just getting absurd.

But those were done directly through Ticketmaster Verified Fan.  I'm assuming (hoping) that since this fan presale is done through the fan club they are going to make sure everyone with subscriptions gets a code.  Even though we have to link to a ticketmaster account for this U2 presale,  U2.com seems to be an intermediary, running everything through this site.  If it was a pure lottery they could have saved themselves the trouble and just let Ticketmaster handle it all.

11 hours ago, peterdiaz said:

Vertigo, Leg 1 - only one MSG show.

Ah. I had a baby around that time. U2 tours were not high on my list of things to do then. Finding a few uninterrupted hours to sleep was pretty close to the top of my to-do list. That baby is now asking if I can get her a ticket for this tour (she went to MSG for the iE tour and to the Meadowlands for the Joshua Tree).

Just to reply, I upped in Sept and had to do it again yesterday to get "verified"

I have seen where the mods (who do a fantastic job) tell us to contact customer service...

I did send an email to customer service (never answered and same as previous times in the past where have sent emails To them  that were never answered)  and made two calls where I literally wanted to throw my phone against the wall. I was told by TWO  different customer support reps that " no renewal, no presale code"  there was absolutely nothing I could say to get past this roadblock. 

I "re-upped" the 40$ does piss me off?  YES ! but not as much as the stress of fighting and not being able to get tickets. 

Is it wrong to do this to fans? Absolutely. 

I have a feeling this presale will surpass the queuing debates by a long shot. ☹️

This new convoluted Ticketmaster/u2.com "Verified" system is about as beneficial and thoughtful as the new Tax reform the Republicans are trying to jam thru this afternoon.  Its all bout money folks, nothing more.  There's no way anyone can convince me this is actually preventing scalping on any level. This is just another ploy for Ticketmaster to encapsulate an entire fan base and monopolize the globe..Fans have NO choice on anything.  I'm betting this will have more than a few fans throwing in the towel, and just taking a shot at the regular onsale..If successful, great, otherwise who needs the aggravation anymore..its plain lunacy.  I of course remain undecided at this point.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kipk999 said:

Just to reply, I upped in Sept and had to do it again yesterday to get "verified"

I have seen where the mods (who do a fantastic job) tell us to contact customer service...

I did send an email to customer service (never answered and same as previous times in the past where have sent emails To them  that were never answered)  and made two calls where I literally wanted to throw my phone against the wall. I was told by TWO  different customer support reps that " no renewal, no presale code"  there was absolutely nothing I could say to get past this roadblock. 

I "re-upped" the 40$ does piss me off?  YES ! but not as much as the stress of fighting and not being able to get tickets. 

I have a feeling this presale will surpass the queuing debates by a long shot. ☹️

I would fight the CC charge.  You didn't get what you signed up for so why throw $40 away.  The Cx service being crappy is another thing.  The mods will have to step in at some point to try and help.  EDIT: The logic is flawed.  You tell them duh I did renew.  I mean that doesn't work and makes no sense.  Hi thanks for renewing, oh wait, erenew again.  no way obviously.

Edited by sbeck

In the past these situations have been sorted out when common sense has prevailed, hopefully by the time Europe dates are released every thing will become clearer and common sense will prevail ! I do feel for the U S fans though who are not getting the answers, those who have renewed recently surely don’t have too again. Time will tell and I hope those it effects will get a refund soon. 

1 hour ago, sbeck said:

Great post.  I reupped on Oct 29th.  So they take my $40 and what I get nothing?  I know I won't and will cancel via the CC.  you should have NEVER given them another $40.  Period.

I will do what Bigwave said, all, AGAIN, and say manually set some value to a 2018 sub gift and call it a day.  I mean technically it isn't hard.  This is like Capt America - Winder SOldier.  The "good guys" have an algo "robot" to kill the "bad guys".  Who is to say the scalpers, who they know, get all the stuff.  I can see how the fans can be ID's and then discriminated against.  not saying that is happening, but like someone else posted on page 4, they have a monopoly and are flaunting it.

not a perfect system by any means.. we work with what we are given. Never follow my advice. thats my advice.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sbeck said:

Can you give us a script or something we should say to get right to the point if we have to call ourselves?  Can you give your names, would they know the mods or Bigwave?

just explain you recently resumed, but now want to be sure you qualify for all the benefits announced yesterday, until we can get some more info on a cut off date or something like that (which is what I have asked for), then each person will have to go through Help page CS for individual help... sorry can;t do more at this point from our end..

26 minutes ago, kipk999 said:

sorry you had a bad experience if you can PM me more details I can try to follow up what went wrong. 

Anyone who call CS should keep an account of times, who they spoke to, and ask for supervisor ion getting no where. 

If no joy then send us (mods) a note to explain so we can try to help to improve the process..

22 minutes ago, smsully said:

This new convoluted Ticketmaster/u2.com "Verified" system is about as beneficial and thoughtful as the new Tax reform the Republicans are trying to jam thru this afternoon.  Its all bout money folks, nothing more.  There's no way anyone can convince me this is actually preventing scalping on any level. This is just another ploy for Ticketmaster to encapsulate an entire fan base and monopolize the globe..Fans have NO choice on anything.  I'm betting this will have more than a few fans throwing in the towel, and just taking a shot at the regular onsale..If successful, great, otherwise who needs the aggravation anymore..its plain lunacy.  I of course remain undecided at this point.

check out paragraph 1 from http://www.u2.com/help

Thats a strong statement and I believe to be true, and for me, the over-riding factor.. Others may have a different opinion, thats for sure. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 16.06.33.png

this is a big fraud...this is a different tour, why we have to renew the membership? mine expires en january 2018....so

disappointed... its sounds that the band only go for the money of the true fans

2 hours ago, james busick said:

No.  Verified Fan is free and is a lottery for the 11/20 onsale date.  No guarantee of getting a code for ticket sales.  Verified Subscriber is for U2.com paid members, and a 2018 membership purchase includes a presale code for the presale on 11/14.

Thanks, however I'm still confused. I've bean a subscriber since the year dot. I have never let it lapse. this is what is showing

What is my status??

U2.jpg

Edited by Ronan20
wrong file

15 hours ago, mich40 said:

No. The U2 member code is for 2 tickets and yes, code is for 1 use. 

14 hours ago, dmway said:

So, you can't get a single ticket for two different shows?

14 hours ago, mich40 said:

Yes, you may split it for 1 ticket for two shows, for 2 tickets total. My apologizes, I should have been more clear. 

2 hours ago, bigwave said:

yes

OK - bigwave, now you have accidentally (and (I hope) temporarily) confused me. :)

I understand Mich's response to my original query; however, your simple "yes" is ambiguous...

The post of mine that you responded to was, "So, you can't get a single ticket for two different shows?"

Your answering "yes" could mean:

1) 'Yes, your statement is correct - you can't get a single ticket for two different shows.'

OR

2) 'Yes, you can get a single ticket for two different shows (and I'm confirming Mich's reply to you).'

I sincerely hope your intended meaning is response #2 - so, is it? :)

The first time I heard about the Verified Fans program was when they announced "Springsteen on Broadway"

They also said that it was being done to get the tickets in the hands of the fans and not the scalpers.

Look at StubHub (or any other ticket reseller) to see who actually got the tickets

I'm hoping U2's sale will yield better results but it's a grey November day and I'm not feeling too optimistic 

54 minutes ago, smsully said:

In regard to Verified Fan Onsales when they do this for presales I get it. The fans have a better chance at scoring tix - but when they do it in the general onsale- which is the case here and has been for a few shows I have registered for recently, Live Nation and it’s company TM, use an  algotyrhm (and you do not know the parameters taken into account in coming up with this algorithm) to select who can and who can not participate in the Purchase of event tickets. Think about it- on 2 occasions so far I have been placed on Standby Status- which is well you didn’t get picked but if there are extras maybe we will give you a code later today- and you nervier get a code because there will be no tickets left.

In a Verified General sale TM gets to choose who can and who can’t buy tix- well if that’s not a monopoly and discrimination in an odd way I don’t know what is. What happens is there are plenty of tickets in the secondary market anywAy and the prices are even higher because the tix are so hard to get. Now you have to purchase on these sites if you want to go- plain and simple- someone will take TM to court over this someday I’m sure- and like the last class action settlement fans will get litttle back. 

At at least if I had a legit chance to participate in the sale and I didnt get tix it would be on me. And wouldn’t feel so bad-   You may not get that choice.

Edited by nitz1
Error

What happens if I don't own a cell phone does that mean I won't get a code ?  I have been a member since the Propaganda days. I prefer the code to be emailed. So ridiculous. U2 thinks they are betting scalpers they are again making it more difficult for fans to get tickets.

WHIT THE RENEW OF THE MEMBERSHIP AND THE TICKET, THE WAIT TIME ON LINE ON TICKEMASTER NOW ITS A BETTER OPCION TO GO TO STUB HUB

I'm trying to resub (as mine expires 3/18, and i used presale code for 4 JT tix in 2017).....but I'm unable to save that resub page due to this msg:  

• Please select a country code from the picker on the left and submit.

There is no picker on the left to select from.  (p.s.  Country Code is already filled in with United States in my profile).

What am I missing? 

A 'P.S.' to my post above...

So, I have read this again:

U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour

Tickets for the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour go on general sale on November 20 with presales opening on Tuesday November 14. #U2eiTour

VERIFIED FAN
In a new development designed to keep tickets out of the hands of scalpers and bots, North American tickets will be sold through Verified Fan.

BECOME A U2.COM VERIFIED SUBSCRIBER
As usual, U2.com Subscribers will be first in line with their own exclusive window when presales open. To be eligible for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale, you must complete your account Setup by November 12. Current Subscribers, visit your Account to complete Setup.

REGISTER FOR THE U2 CITI PRESALE
Open to Citi cardmembers only. Registration closes November 14 @ 10PM PT. Presale begins November 16. Register here.

REGISTER FOR THE U2 ONSALE
Open to everyone. Registration closes November 18 @ 10PM PT. Tickets on sale November 20. Register here.

So, if I want to purchase a ticket to an additional show, separate from the ones I get during the U2.com pre-sale, and want a chance to buy a ticket early for it, I still need to register in advance for one of the other on-sales above - is that right?

Getting tickets in the U2.com pre-sales doesn't preclude anyone from participating in either of the other two - is that also correct?

(I hope the mods get overtime pay for these occasions - everyone here looks forward to new albums and tours, but the mods' reaction surely must be, "Yay! Oh, sh*t..." :D

Exactly when did Live Nation change the band name to FU?

I have to say I was hopeful but trepiditious when Paul McGuiness retired.  I was hopeful when it was announced, that Livenation would know what they received in U2 and wouldn't bastardize the U2 name in the process.  Unfortunately in my eyes however, they are tipping the scales over and doing exactly that right now.

I have been a long time fan of U2 and a long time member of the fan club.

The 360 tour went well... luckily they took over right before that or I am sure it would have been a disaster as well.

I honestly cannot believe a band as big as U2 requires a backlog on their product that causes you to wait for delivery of your product for a FULL YEAR from when you purchase a membership.  I mean talk about ineptitude!!!!  Let's be honest though.... what good has come since live nation took over the fan website?  I mean, do they realize what kind of image they are portraying of the band and does the band even realize or care????  WTF 

U2 sold out.  U2 sold out when they signed with Live Nation.  LiveNation is in bed with and sometimes one and the same as the dreaded Ticketmaster.  Long gone are the days of Pearl Jam fighting Ticketmaster... I wonder if he knew how bad U2 sold out when Eddie Vedder got dragged up on stage at the start of the tour.  Who knows?!?  Maybe that's the reason why he looked so completely out of it and hammered.

Look at the inane policies brought in place by LiveNation.... In the old days... you bought a ticket and received memorabilia right away with a ticket stub.  That was just basic decorum before you even got into joining a fan club or not.  I for one had collected ticket stubs from all the concerts I had been to for the bands that I really wanted to track like Paul McCartney, U2 and others.  While the 360 tour still incorporated this practice (too soon for the vampires to change things), once the band went on the road again, they incorporated a new practice where your credit card was a ticket.  I was fortunate that I purchased tickets in New York for those shows as they still used paper tickets so I wasn't exposed to the true clusterf**k that comes with putting LiveNation in charge since they have Ticketmasters desires at heart, being in bed with them.

Last year I used my codes from the fan site to purchase tickets to Vancouver and Seattle.  It was right around a year ago today, my membership was good through January of 2017 and I had my 4 codes from my 2016 membership.  Low and behold, when I purchased my tickets, not only did ticketmaster want their bastard fees but they wanted you to buy insurance in case you couldn't make the show.  FUCK OFF!!!!  That should be included in the fees that total 40% of the ticket charges to begin with.  Now I buy tickets to a lot of other shows too... I love music.  While I am sure that maybe one or two other bands have allowed ticketmaster to charge insurance to their shows, all I can say is that I am not aware of anyone else ripping off their fans in this manner and if I do find out about any other I can wholeheartedly state I will not be going to see them if they do  after what I experienced from the shows last year.  Not only does nobody else have the balls to charge you insurance for your concert tickets but nobody else is tying them to your credit card either.... How stupid is that.  While I totally understand the desire to cut down on scalpers, unfortunately with these policies, you're only making things worse for your fans.  Unfortunately we'll never get rid of scalpers because ticketmaster seems to be in bed with most of them too because they still make their way onto the market before shows even with these procedures in place. 

I was forced to eat nearly $200 of tickets in May for Vancouver because I had every intention of being able to make it when the tickets went on sale.  When these went on sale, our project at work that we had been working on for 2 years was supposed to be going live much earlier than the shows.  Unfortunately, at the start of this year, the project slipped to go live 3 weeks before the shows I had purchased tickets for in Seattle and Vancouver.  Low and behold, the project did not slip anymore and it looked like I would not be able to make the trip even in the days leading up to when my flight was scheduled to take off.  I was working over 100+ hours a week, before and after I left to head up there but with everything I was going through at work.  I did not have a chance to get my passport before going because I was lucky to be able to be able to leave work.  The Credit Card system is fucked and basically makes us as the fans bend over.  In today's day and age where people try to scam you for your identity, U2 forces you to either pay ticketmaster more money to insure your tickets (once again... really should be covered in the 40% surcharge they are already making) or send your credit card to someone to use to enter.  FUCK OFF!!!!

I purchased the tickets a year ago, looking forward to seeing three dates on the Joshua Tree Tour.  I re-upped my membership when it was due in January of this year with the expectation that Songs of Experience (THAT HAS BEEN TALKED ABOUT FOR YEARS NOW) would finally be released and they would start touring that after their brief Joshua Tree Tour.  I figured at the time I would be able to use the new codes on the new tour.  Boy was I mistaken  apparently!

Low and behold... the sellout tour that was the Joshua Tree extended out last year and they did not release new product but just decided to rest on their laurels.  After seeing how little the band was into it in Seattle, I was done with that tour just seeing one show but still had tickets and went to see them in Cleveland.  I planned to use my new codes when they released their new tour. 

Now most bands when they promise they will be releasing a new album year after year and keep delaying it actually are apologetic to their fans instead of trying to line their pockets.  Unfortunately none of those bands are U2!  Instead this band decides to still tell their fans that they can use them from 2017 if not used yet BUT forces them to re-up for 2018.  FUCK OFF!  I still haven't received the subscription gift or REALLY ANYTHING from when I joined in JANUARY this year!!!

Honestly... after being lied to and dealing with the crap that LiveNation puts you through to be a fan, I am having reservations about ever paying livenation to take advantage of me again to be a part of what quickly becoming a totally fucked up fan club!  All LiveNation AND U2 cares about is the money.  Do not force me to sign up for 2018 when it STILL STATES in your OWN DAMN FAQ that I do not need to as highlighted below.  JUST FIX IT and send me my gift before I ever think about putting any ounce of faith or trust in you!!!!

U2-ripoff.thumb.jpg.8012fc5bdbe20aecf9450cfee8e6ec07.jpg

• Like 4