Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

9 minutes ago, bonoboop33 said:

I'm trying to resub (as mine expires 3/18, and i used presale code for 4 JT tix in 2017).....but I'm unable to save that resub page due to this msg:  

• Please select a country code from the picker on the left and submit.

There is no picker on the left to select from.  (p.s.  Country Code is already filled in with United States in my profile).

What am I missing? 

The flag should be the picker... choose the country, fill the mobile number, tick the " I agree to receive SMS messages in order to participate in subscriber presales if and when the band goes on tour, and understand that I may not be a part of the first presale opportunity without agreeing to this Program terms." button, hit send:

codecountry.jpg

sorry if this has been covered before...

if i am a paid subscriber when ticket pre-sales open in the uk, will i still get access to ticket pre-sales in the uk? or is the only way to get access to uk ticket pre-sales now by pre-ordering the new album?

10 minutes ago, Jorstin said:

Exactly when did Live Nation change the band name to FU?

I have to say I was hopeful but trepiditious when Paul McGuiness retired.  I was hopeful when it was announced, that Livenation would know what they received in U2 and wouldn't bastardize the U2 name in the process.  Unfortunately in my eyes however, they are tipping the scales over and doing exactly that right now.

I have been a long time fan of U2 and a long time member of the fan club.

The 360 tour went well... luckily they took over right before that or I am sure it would have been a disaster as well.

I honestly cannot believe a band as big as U2 requires a backlog on their product that causes you to wait for delivery of your product for a FULL YEAR from when you purchase a membership.  I mean talk about ineptitude!!!!  Let's be honest though.... what good has come since live nation took over the fan website?  I mean, do they realize what kind of image they are portraying of the band and does the band even realize or care????  WTF 

U2 sold out.  U2 sold out when they signed with Live Nation.  LiveNation is in bed with and sometimes one and the same as the dreaded Ticketmaster.  Long gone are the days of Pearl Jam fighting Ticketmaster... I wonder if he knew how bad U2 sold out when Eddie Vedder got dragged up on stage at the start of the tour.  Who knows?!?  Maybe that's the reason why he looked so completely out of it and hammered.

Look at the inane policies brought in place by LiveNation.... In the old days... you bought a ticket and received memorabilia right away with a ticket stub.  That was just basic decorum before you even got into joining a fan club or not.  I for one had collected ticket stubs from all the concerts I had been to for the bands that I really wanted to track like Paul McCartney, U2 and others.  While the 360 tour still incorporated this practice (too soon for the vampires to change things), once the band went on the road again, they incorporated a new practice where your credit card was a ticket.  I was fortunate that I purchased tickets in New York for those shows as they still used paper tickets so I wasn't exposed to the true clusterf**k that comes with putting LiveNation in charge since they have Ticketmasters desires at heart, being in bed with them.

Last year I used my codes from the fan site to purchase tickets to Vancouver and Seattle.  It was right around a year ago today, my membership was good through January of 2017 and I had my 4 codes from my 2016 membership.  Low and behold, when I purchased my tickets, not only did ticketmaster want their bastard fees but they wanted you to buy insurance in case you couldn't make the show.  FUCK OFF!!!!  That should be included in the fees that total 40% of the ticket charges to begin with.  Now I buy tickets to a lot of other shows too... I love music.  While I am sure that maybe one or two other bands have allowed ticketmaster to charge insurance to their shows, all I can say is that I am not aware of anyone else ripping off their fans in this manner and if I do find out about any other I can wholeheartedly state I will not be going to see them if they do  after what I experienced from the shows last year.  Not only does nobody else have the balls to charge you insurance for your concert tickets but nobody else is tying them to your credit card either.... How stupid is that.  While I totally understand the desire to cut down on scalpers, unfortunately with these policies, you're only making things worse for your fans.  Unfortunately we'll never get rid of scalpers because ticketmaster seems to be in bed with most of them too because they still make their way onto the market before shows even with these procedures in place. 

I was forced to eat nearly $200 of tickets in May for Vancouver because I had every intention of being able to make it when the tickets went on sale.  When these went on sale, our project at work that we had been working on for 2 years was supposed to be going live much earlier than the shows.  Unfortunately, at the start of this year, the project slipped to go live 3 weeks before the shows I had purchased tickets for in Seattle and Vancouver.  Low and behold, the project did not slip anymore and it looked like I would not be able to make the trip even in the days leading up to when my flight was scheduled to take off.  I was working over 100+ hours a week, before and after I left to head up there but with everything I was going through at work.  I did not have a chance to get my passport before going because I was lucky to be able to be able to leave work.  The Credit Card system is fucked and basically makes us as the fans bend over.  In today's day and age where people try to scam you for your identity, U2 forces you to either pay ticketmaster more money to insure your tickets (once again... really should be covered in the 40% surcharge they are already making) or send your credit card to someone to use to enter.  FUCK OFF!!!!

I purchased the tickets a year ago, looking forward to seeing three dates on the Joshua Tree Tour.  I re-upped my membership when it was due in January of this year with the expectation that Songs of Experience (THAT HAS BEEN TALKED ABOUT FOR YEARS NOW) would finally be released and they would start touring that after their brief Joshua Tree Tour.  I figured at the time I would be able to use the new codes on the new tour.  Boy was I mistaken  apparently!

Low and behold... the sellout tour that was the Joshua Tree extended out last year and they did not release new product but just decided to rest on their laurels.  After seeing how little the band was into it in Seattle, I was done with that tour just seeing one show but still had tickets and went to see them in Cleveland.  I planned to use my new codes when they released their new tour. 

Now most bands when they promise they will be releasing a new album year after year and keep delaying it actually are apologetic to their fans instead of trying to line their pockets.  Unfortunately none of those bands are U2!  Instead this band decides to still tell their fans that they can use them from 2017 if not used yet BUT forces them to re-up for 2018.  FUCK OFF!  I still haven't received the subscription gift or REALLY ANYTHING from when I joined in JANUARY this year!!!

Honestly... after being lied to and dealing with the crap that LiveNation puts you through to be a fan, I am having reservations about ever paying livenation to take advantage of me again to be a part of what quickly becoming a totally fucked up fan club!  All LiveNation AND U2 cares about is the money.  Do not force me to sign up for 2018 when it STILL STATES in your OWN DAMN FAQ that I do not need to as highlighted below.  JUST FIX IT and send me my gift before I ever think about putting any ounce of faith or trust in you!!!!

U2-ripoff.thumb.jpg.8012fc5bdbe20aecf9450cfee8e6ec07.jpg

TOTALLY AGREE

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

3 minutes ago, Stuart P said:

sorry if this has been covered before...

if i am a paid subscriber when ticket pre-sales open in the uk, will i still get access to ticket pre-sales in the uk? or is the only way to get access to uk ticket pre-sales now by pre-ordering the new album?

The procedure should be similar as with the US/CA presales: you will need to be a verified subscriber to get access to the presale...

You can pre-order the new album if you want...

1 hour ago, sbeck said:

I would fight the CC charge.  You didn't get what you signed up for so why throw $40 away.  The Cx service being crappy is another thing.  The mods will have to step in at some point to try and help.  EDIT: The logic is flawed.  You tell them duh I did renew.  I mean that doesn't work and makes no sense.  Hi thanks for renewing, oh wait, erenew again.  no way obviously.

it might not to you, maybe because you are "verified" . I want to see the new show , it will still be cheaper this way than on the secondary market.  I will have a code the day it goes on sale ( hopefully)  otherwise , I sit with nothing and taking a chance.  I will continue to make calls and dispute ...later.  But for now, I do not have many options. Duh ...

we all are trying to make this work , replying in a condescending manner  is not appreciated. SBECK

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

The flag should be the picker... choose the country, fill the mobile number, tick the " I agree to receive SMS messages in order to participate in subscriber presales if and when the band goes on tour, and understand that I may not be a part of the first presale opportunity without agreeing to this Program terms." button, hit send:

codecountry.jpg

TYVM!  That worked...I was able to resub for 2018 & presale. 

Acct profile (Verified Fan) now says 'Setup Complete'.  

Curious:  Would you happen to know when the 2017 fan gifts are going out?  I re-subbed back in March 2017...and haven't received anything this year (yet). 

Thx.

thanks max. so the presale is exactly the same if you are a paid subscriber or if you pre-order the album? no advantage gained by being a paid subscriber now?

Edited by Stuart P

Just now, bonoboop33 said:

TYVM!  That worked...I was able to resub for 2018 & presale. 

Acct profile (Verified Fan) now says 'Setup Complete'.  

Curious:  Would you happen to know when the 2017 fan gifts are going out?  I re-subbed back in March 2017...and haven't received anything this year (yet). 

Thx.

Gift will be sent in December... on that same profile you should have a Subcribers Download section, in which you can download all 8 songs from ‘The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017’

Also, be sure that you have already redeemed the gift (if you havent, please click on the REDEEM YOUR GIFT link and follow the instructions there)

It is very interesting that in an effort to control bots and scalpers, we get the pleasure of paying $40 to re-up our subscription and going through a Secret Squirrel verification process yet the third-party sellers are already advertising tickets for purchase. Anyone care to explain?

13 minutes ago, Stuart P said:

thanks max. so the presale is exactly the same if you are a paid subscriber or if you pre-order the album? no advantage gained by being a paid subscriber now?

Seeking clarification about what advantage (if any, if you already have a paid subscription)  from preordering the album.

But assume that the priority is to have a paid, verified subscription...

1 minute ago, kimber said:

It is very interesting that in an effort to control bots and scalpers, we get the pleasure of paying $40 to re-up our subscription and going through a Secret Squirrel verification process yet the third-party sellers are already advertising tickets for purchase. Anyone care to explain?

third party sellers have any tickets to offer...

From a verified fan email:

No #VerifiedFan Onsale tickets have been sold. Many unofficial sellers will list tickets even before they go on sale. This practice is called speculative listing and fans should not trust resellers claiming to have tickets. Those speculative listings are not real tickets in hand. Beware of these sellers. Learn more about Speculative Listings and how to protect yourself.

2 minutes ago, despres said:

If my setup is done and green, do I still need to renew? I don’t see a link to renew on my profile!

If you have followed the steps (resubscribing if needed, verifying your TM account, adding you mobile number and authorizing to receive SMS) you should be set...

If you haven't done any or all of these steps, please log off,  delete cookies and cache,  log in again and recheck you profile. It may be a glitch...

6 minutes ago, despres said:

If my setup is done and green, do I still need to renew? I don’t see a link to renew on my profile!

you should be good, Continue to recheck it. There are others that went from  green to red overnight ...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Max Tsukino said:

If you have followed the steps (resubscribing if needed, verifying your TM account, adding you mobile number and authorizing to receive SMS) you should be set...

If you haven't done any or all of these steps, please log off,  delete cookies and cache,  log in again and recheck you profile. It may be a glitch...

I never re-subscribed (expires in March 2018)... but I want to avoid any problems even if setup complete is in green I seem to be the only one who wasn’t asked to re-subscribed on the profile page. I have logged on and off many times.

1 minute ago, despres said:

I never re-subscribed (expires in March 2018)... but I want to avoid any problems even if setup complete is in green I seem to be the only one who wasn’t asked to re-subscribed on the profile page. I have logged on and off many times.

the relevant sections from the FAQ:

I am a U2.com subscriber, am I registered for the North American presale?
You must complete all the steps on the Acount Info page in order to be eligible for the Verified Subscriber presale for North America. Once you complete all the steps, you will see a green “SETUP COMPLETE” box on the page.

I have an active U2.com subscription and did not purchase tickets using my unique presale access code for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 dates, will I have access to the U2eiTour presale?
Subscribers that purchased one of the 2017 Joshua Tree subscription offers AND have not used their presale access code to purchase tickets to The Joshua Tree Tour will be eligible to be verified for this upcoming presale.

I have an active U2.com subscription and I purchased 4 tickets using a presale code during The Joshua Tree Tour 2017, will I have access to the U2eiTour presale?
Members who used their presale access code to purchase tickets to The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 MUST renew early and select one of the 2018 packages to be eligible to be verified for the upcoming eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE 2018 presale.

I have an active U2.com subscription and purchased tickets to the Joshua Tree tour using my unique Presale access code. Do I have access to the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE 2018 Presale?
If you purchased one (1) or more tickets to the Joshua Tree tour using your U2.com unique Presale access code, you will have to renew your membership early and purchase one of the 2018 U2.com Subscriber offers to access this Presale. This applies to Subscribers that purchased 1, 2, or 3 tickets, as well as the 4 ticket limit.

It appears that you may need to resubscribe again...

2 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

the relevant sections from the FAQ:

It appears that you may need to resubscribe again...

Thanks for the help, I will re-subscribe to avoid any problems!

So much unnecessary drama created by U2.com in the name of sucking extra subscription dollars before subs even expire. 

Simple is usually better. How about if you’re a subscriber when codes are sent you get a code? If the band tours three times in a year would I need to renew TWO more times? ? Greed. 

• Brilliant 1

I rejoined in June 2017 just to get a code to buy a single ticket to the St. Louis show in September 2017 that U2 themselves ended up cancelling. So now I have to renew just to buy a single ticket for the new St. Louis show in May 2018 when my subscription is good until June 2018? That's ridiculous if that's the case (I can't get past "setup incomplete" despite logging out, clearing cookies, etc.). It would be one thing if using my code back in June 2017 actually allowed me to see the Joshua Tree tour, but that didn't happen. Very frustrating.

Just now, pathman said:

I rejoined in June 2017 just to get a code to buy a single ticket to the St. Louis show in September 2017 that U2 themselves ended up cancelling. So now I have to renew just to buy a single ticket for the new St. Louis show in May 2018 when my subscription is good until June 2018? That's ridiculous if that's the case (I can't get past "setup incomplete" despite logging out, clearing cookies, etc.). It would be one thing if using my code back in June 2017 actually allowed me to see the Joshua Tree tour, but that didn't happen. Very frustrating.

Please call the customer services and explain the situation... let us know how it goes...

1 hour ago, Jorstin said:

Exactly when did Live Nation change the band name to FU?

I have to say I was hopeful but trepiditious when Paul McGuiness retired.  I was hopeful when it was announced, that Livenation would know what they received in U2 and wouldn't bastardize the U2 name in the process.  Unfortunately in my eyes however, they are tipping the scales over and doing exactly that right now.

I have been a long time fan of U2 and a long time member of the fan club.

The 360 tour went well... luckily they took over right before that or I am sure it would have been a disaster as well.

I honestly cannot believe a band as big as U2 requires a backlog on their product that causes you to wait for delivery of your product for a FULL YEAR from when you purchase a membership.  I mean talk about ineptitude!!!!  Let's be honest though.... what good has come since live nation took over the fan website?  I mean, do they realize what kind of image they are portraying of the band and does the band even realize or care????  WTF 

U2 sold out.  U2 sold out when they signed with Live Nation.  LiveNation is in bed with and sometimes one and the same as the dreaded Ticketmaster.  Long gone are the days of Pearl Jam fighting Ticketmaster... I wonder if he knew how bad U2 sold out when Eddie Vedder got dragged up on stage at the start of the tour.  Who knows?!?  Maybe that's the reason why he looked so completely out of it and hammered.

Look at the inane policies brought in place by LiveNation.... In the old days... you bought a ticket and received memorabilia right away with a ticket stub.  That was just basic decorum before you even got into joining a fan club or not.  I for one had collected ticket stubs from all the concerts I had been to for the bands that I really wanted to track like Paul McCartney, U2 and others.  While the 360 tour still incorporated this practice (too soon for the vampires to change things), once the band went on the road again, they incorporated a new practice where your credit card was a ticket.  I was fortunate that I purchased tickets in New York for those shows as they still used paper tickets so I wasn't exposed to the true clusterf**k that comes with putting LiveNation in charge since they have Ticketmasters desires at heart, being in bed with them.

Last year I used my codes from the fan site to purchase tickets to Vancouver and Seattle.  It was right around a year ago today, my membership was good through January of 2017 and I had my 4 codes from my 2016 membership.  Low and behold, when I purchased my tickets, not only did ticketmaster want their bastard fees but they wanted you to buy insurance in case you couldn't make the show.  FUCK OFF!!!!  That should be included in the fees that total 40% of the ticket charges to begin with.  Now I buy tickets to a lot of other shows too... I love music.  While I am sure that maybe one or two other bands have allowed ticketmaster to charge insurance to their shows, all I can say is that I am not aware of anyone else ripping off their fans in this manner and if I do find out about any other I can wholeheartedly state I will not be going to see them if they do  after what I experienced from the shows last year.  Not only does nobody else have the balls to charge you insurance for your concert tickets but nobody else is tying them to your credit card either.... How stupid is that.  While I totally understand the desire to cut down on scalpers, unfortunately with these policies, you're only making things worse for your fans.  Unfortunately we'll never get rid of scalpers because ticketmaster seems to be in bed with most of them too because they still make their way onto the market before shows even with these procedures in place. 

I was forced to eat nearly $200 of tickets in May for Vancouver because I had every intention of being able to make it when the tickets went on sale.  When these went on sale, our project at work that we had been working on for 2 years was supposed to be going live much earlier than the shows.  Unfortunately, at the start of this year, the project slipped to go live 3 weeks before the shows I had purchased tickets for in Seattle and Vancouver.  Low and behold, the project did not slip anymore and it looked like I would not be able to make the trip even in the days leading up to when my flight was scheduled to take off.  I was working over 100+ hours a week, before and after I left to head up there but with everything I was going through at work.  I did not have a chance to get my passport before going because I was lucky to be able to be able to leave work.  The Credit Card system is fucked and basically makes us as the fans bend over.  In today's day and age where people try to scam you for your identity, U2 forces you to either pay ticketmaster more money to insure your tickets (once again... really should be covered in the 40% surcharge they are already making) or send your credit card to someone to use to enter.  FUCK OFF!!!!

I purchased the tickets a year ago, looking forward to seeing three dates on the Joshua Tree Tour.  I re-upped my membership when it was due in January of this year with the expectation that Songs of Experience (THAT HAS BEEN TALKED ABOUT FOR YEARS NOW) would finally be released and they would start touring that after their brief Joshua Tree Tour.  I figured at the time I would be able to use the new codes on the new tour.  Boy was I mistaken  apparently!

Low and behold... the sellout tour that was the Joshua Tree extended out last year and they did not release new product but just decided to rest on their laurels.  After seeing how little the band was into it in Seattle, I was done with that tour just seeing one show but still had tickets and went to see them in Cleveland.  I planned to use my new codes when they released their new tour. 

Now most bands when they promise they will be releasing a new album year after year and keep delaying it actually are apologetic to their fans instead of trying to line their pockets.  Unfortunately none of those bands are U2!  Instead this band decides to still tell their fans that they can use them from 2017 if not used yet BUT forces them to re-up for 2018.  FUCK OFF!  I still haven't received the subscription gift or REALLY ANYTHING from when I joined in JANUARY this year!!!

Honestly... after being lied to and dealing with the crap that LiveNation puts you through to be a fan, I am having reservations about ever paying livenation to take advantage of me again to be a part of what quickly becoming a totally fucked up fan club!  All LiveNation AND U2 cares about is the money.  Do not force me to sign up for 2018 when it STILL STATES in your OWN DAMN FAQ that I do not need to as highlighted below.  JUST FIX IT and send me my gift before I ever think about putting any ounce of faith or trust in you!!!!

U2-ripoff.thumb.jpg.8012fc5bdbe20aecf9450cfee8e6ec07.jpg

WOW.  I know I feel like that sometimes.  I just had a 50 min call with Daniel at the support site.  He is making sure I don't repay the $40 and gets my account tied to a 2018 something I might get at some point.  So this is a lottery now for tickets.  The after market is going to explode.  Say MSG show the random lotto leaves out 5% of the hard core fans that are GOING.  So we see ticket $ spike up as demand is messed with.  Basically 3 paths to tickets.

PRESALE

CITI

GENERAL

Citi and General are lotto to GET to the ticketing system.  I asked about CC entry, got no reply, but he admitted to big push back on the ticketing.  Like it was said in Jurassic Park, life will find a way.  Scalping will find a way and we get hosed.  EDIT: So the people that reupped "early" is "fixable' per CS and so I would think we can get past that.

The CC entry only tickets is insane, see above.  I mean what fans eat tickets when you can't go?  I know I posted it is insane before, I am doing it again.  I HOPE we got to lotto, and no ticket restrictions.  Naïve I know.

Edited by sbeck
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, INSIJS said:

So much unnecessary drama created by U2.com in the name of sucking extra subscription dollars before subs even expire. 

Simple is usually better. How about if you’re a subscriber when codes are sent you get a code? If the band tours three times in a year would I need to renew TWO more times? ? Greed. 

Codes are always good for a single tour.  The band would never tour three times in a year.  That would all be a single tour even if it is separate legs.

21 minutes ago, pathman said:

I called and they said they are aware of the issue with the cancelled show and to check my account in 3 days.

Just now, pathman said:

I called and they said they are aware of the issue with the cancelled show and to check my account in 3 days.

please keep us update on this (if you want, via PM to the mod team)

I just renewed. Logged out a couple of times before I finally got a subscribe page. My Verified statue is green but my Subscription status still says June 2018.