Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

I won't complain too much about being required to renew early since my subscription expires in May and $40 isn't the end of the world.  I purchased 4 JT tour tickets with my presale code, but that code was actually from my membership period of 2016-2017.  U2.com has always said to keep your subscription active in part because it includes a presale if the band tours.  So my subscription for 2017-2018 (still current) should include a presale code for this tour.  For me I can see that it is a bit of a gray area since I renewed during the JT tour and more JT presales happened after that, but anyone that renewed recently should definitely not need to renew again.  Anyone that renewed after the last JT presale should not be required to renew again, as it is clear that they could not have bought presale tickets for any tour as part of their current subscription package.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nawlins said:

I just renewed. Logged out a couple of times before I finally got a subscribe page. My Verified statue is green but my Subscription status still says June 2018. 

My understanding is that it’s taking a bit for sub status to update. Should do so shortly. 

Can my verified subscriber code be used for two different shows or if I buy one ticket to one show, the code can’t be used for a second ticket?  I’ve read the entire thread but there doesn’t seem to be a definitive answer. 

45 minutes ago, james busick said:

I won't complain too much about being required to renew early since my subscription expires in May and $40 isn't the end of the world.  I purchased 4 JT tour tickets with my presale code, but that code was actually from my membership period of 2016-2017.  U2.com has always said to keep your subscription active in part because it includes a presale if the band tours.  So my subscription for 2017-2018 (still current) should include a presale code for this tour.  For me I can see that it is a bit of a gray area since I renewed during the JT tour and more JT presales happened after that, but anyone that renewed recently should definitely not need to renew again.  Anyone that renewed after the last JT presale should not be required to renew again, as it is clear that they could not have bought presale tickets for any tour as part of their current subscription package.

James.. what you describe should be explained right here in the FAQ's.  You SHOULD NOT have to re-up for 2018 if you are an active member and have not used your codes from 2017:

Capture.thumb.JPG.f70ab0fa0bfbe22c2761d2bd1ebf5705.JPG

Unfortunately what they say and have you do are not one and the same.  Don't be duped into throwing away $40 that you shouldn't have to.

It's honestly shameless.  A friend of mine just renewed his subscription in September and they're trying to force him to re-up again too.... shameless... SHAMELESS.... SHAMELESS!!!!!!!!!!Fruad.JPG.5102c15ab1e27c22b807d975235a7a84.JPG

Edited by Jorstin

5 minutes ago, bonovox2 said:

Can my verified subscriber code be used for two different shows or if I buy one ticket to one show, the code can’t be used for a second ticket?  I’ve read the entire thread but there doesn’t seem to be a definitive answer. 

From the FAQs: 

How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?
Verified U2.com Subscriber can purchase 2 tickets for any U2eiTour show(s)

So, you may split the code between 2 shows. 

26 minutes ago, mich40 said:

My understanding is that it’s taking a bit for sub status to update. Should do so shortly. 

Yep says 2019 now.

3 minutes ago, mich40 said:

From the FAQs: 

How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?
Verified U2.com Subscriber can purchase 2 tickets for any U2eiTour show(s)

So, you may split the code between 2 shows. 

Thanks!

Hi, based in UK; really interested in trying for Vegas. If I setup a Ticketmaster US account, verify etc and then miss out on US will I still be able to use my presale code for Europe or by linking a Ticketmaster US account have I messed things up?

12 minutes ago, mullyd said:

Hi, based in UK; really interested in trying for Vegas. If I setup a Ticketmaster US account, verify etc and then miss out on US will I still be able to use my presale code for Europe or by linking a Ticketmaster US account have I messed things up?

As long as the code is not used, you should be fine. 

Is there any way to validate and check that SMS's are sending right to the phone ? before Nov 13.

Like a test message !!

2 minutes ago, Victor Noe said:

Is there any way to validate and check that SMS's are sending right to the phone ? before Nov 13.

Like a test message !!

unknown at the moment - hopefully there will be one...

8 minutes ago, Victor Noe said:

Max what is the correct way to setup MX mobile phone

044 55 XX XX XX XX

044 1 55 XX XX XX XX

01 55 XXXX XXXX ...

This whole ticketmaster verified fan is a shame and a money grab for greedy Live Nation. I registered for Ed Sheeran tickets in Toronto and never got a code. Stub Hub had all the good seats the day after the pre-sale. If U2 are going to make all the GA Floor tickets paperless with credit card entry for the fan club members why inconvenience us further ?? They already make it impossible for fans to re-sell or trade the GA'S if plans change and you cannot make the show. Not everyone has a cell phone so the people with no cell don't get a code even though they paid for a membership. Pretty f'd up. Scalpers will always get tickets there is no way around this. Make it easier for the fans U2 GET RID OF THIS RIDICULOUS VERIFIED FAN SYSTEM.

Edited by kitemaster
  • Like 3

I tried to get Springsteen tickets all shows were verified and I got standby email.  Never got a code so couldn't even try during general onsale. Of course over half the available tickets for each nights show somehow ended up on Stubhub for huge $$$. I just ended up deciding to not go. There are going to be a lot of unhappy U2 fans after this and watch how many tickets end up on sites like Stubhub. I actually attend a number of shows with my teenage boys, newer bands like Cage the Elephant, Foals, Spoon etc and they are great shows and usually less than $50 with fees and none of this stress or garbage  My days of jumping through more and more hoops just to get tickets for bands like U2 sadly may be ending. At some point the headaches aren't worth it  just my 2 cents  

• Like 1

I just completed the verified subscriber. I had to sign out and then sign back in to make sure it was complete. I do believe that no subscriber should have to renew when their existing subscription was still in effect until next year. To have to renew two times in one year is kind of a rip off! I better get good seats this time or I will be done with my subscription! I love U2 and have followed them for many years. I have gone to many shows and purchased a lot of music and U2 products. I can't believe that U2 thinks this is going to keep the scalpers from getting tickets! I know many of the ticket agencies will have tickets on their sites as soon as the tickets go on sale and they will be scalper prices! Enough of my rant! I'm sorry but I have to voice my anger about this process! I know I'm not alone! 

10 minutes ago, ldurtschi said:

I tried to get Springsteen tickets all shows were verified and I got standby email.  Never got a code so couldn't even try during general onsale. Of course over half the available tickets for each nights show somehow ended up on Stubhub for huge $$$. I just ended up deciding to not go. There are going to be a lot of unhappy U2 fans after this and watch how many tickets end up on sites like Stubhub. I actually attend a number of shows with my teenage boys, newer bands like Cage the Elephant, Foals, Spoon etc and they are great shows and usually less than $50 with fees and none of this stress or garbage  My days of jumping through more and more hoops just to get tickets for bands like U2 sadly may be ending. At some point the headaches aren't worth it  just my 2 cents  

Lol, Spoon has been around for over 20 years. Still “newer” compared to U2 I guess ??. 

• Like 1

I know Spoon has been around for a long time just included them because they are great live and I went to a show in august for $32 with fees. And my kids were the ones that turned me on to them. 

Surely the people who decide to implement these systems could lay out clear instructions for the various groups; it seems like they just put up some info without even confirming the rest of it. It's still not clear if for the European presale we have to resubscribe by 12th November to take part, or if we have to pre-order the album, or if preordering the album gives you an additional presale code as a subscriber. We are left uninformed and have to rely on the mods to clarify... Surely the people who come up with this stuff could see there were some pretty big gaps in the information they were providing? 

• Like 2

Did we ever get a final answer as to whether the fan club/verified subscriber presale code distribution is guaranteed to all verified members, or is it going to be a lottery using the TM algorithm?  Is it possible that a verified paid-up-for-2018 member won't get a code texted to them that morning?

I I'd manage to log on to my account and renew but found I had to create a ticketmaster USA account to proceed to the point that it turned green and I became verified as a fan

i to live in the uk but I thought it was better to follow what the site said rather than miss out

my only concern is where I live I don't get a mobile reception so when the pre sale codes start to be sent out I might miss my window to take part

I'd still prefer an email with the pre sale codes

is this something the mods can look into

Subscribe to 2018 ??My sub goes to Feb 18. And I'm still waiting on sub gift for 2017. This is poor 30 years of subscription this must be the worst yet. TIME TO GO I'M RUNNING OUT OF CHANGE ??

3 hours ago, mullyd said:

Hi, same here (although I am already getting a bit stressed!).  My husband also has membership so I’ll just leave his account alone until more is known about Europe but set up mine to the US and try for Vegas.  I’m not sure how to enter my mobile number though.... 0044 do you then leave out the zero on the mobile number or include it?  Everything is so convoluted.  Flights to Vegas were expensive but I am thinking bugger it, will be fun and make a change!  Though sounds like actually getting tickets will be a nightmare. Good luck!

13 hours ago, oisin269 said:

It would be a very good idea to publish this somewhere prominent on the web site.There are a huge amount of people in Europe who are very confused about this issue. When we look at our account details we are told to complete the verified process.

Yup .. just foun out , but it oes not clearly say so anywhere exept implicitley here on a help / FAQ page, but you only find this if you realy read all the FAQ thoroughly .... 

An it is hidden so well, that i even cannot fin the page i got this from anymore...

================================================

Why can’t I connect my ticketmaster.co.uk account as I don't have a ticketmaster.com account?
This Presale and verification process is for U2 shows in U.S. + Canada only.

===============================================

Edited by czhr10
adde some text.

15 hours ago, jaburton said:

Did we ever get a final answer as to whether the fan club/verified subscriber presale code distribution is guaranteed to all verified members, or is it going to be a lottery using the TM algorithm?  Is it possible that a verified paid-up-for-2018 member won't get a code texted to them that morning?

I believe verified subscriber (fan club) will get a code.  Does not guarantee that you will get a seat depending on what show/seat you want.  But will get a code and chance to try.    

Other paths you are not guaranteed a code.  

At least that is how I am understanding it.  

Edited by kwaite
missing adding an important "not"!