Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

49 minutes ago, bigwave said:

what is?

renew a memebership that expires next year to buy tickets to ANOTHER DIFFERENT TOUR THAT THE JOSHUA TREE TOUR... thats a fraud

Does TM know that they must not type in the 0 after the country code in order to send a code to a phone number outside the United States?

(u2. com automatically adds the 0 to every cell phone number)

Edited by spacko

Under the Account section you need to tick the box "I agree to receive SMS messages in order.............." enter a valid phone number and then submit to complete verified fan.

@bigwave from what account page shows looks like set up complete but no renewed is elegible to receive presale codes

MY ACCOUNT

YOUR USER INFORMATION

LOGIN NAME xxxxxx

DISPLAY NAME (Your Community Name)

monica martino

EMAIL STATUS

Verified

SUBSCRIPTION ACTIVE UNTIL

02 March 2018

PRIORITY ACCESS GROUP

eXPERIENCE

PASSWORD xxxxxx

U2.COM VERIFIED SUBSCRIBER PRESALE

We're committed to identifying and removing scalpers and bots to ensure more tickets go into the hands of U2.com Verified Subscribers. In order to be eligible for Subscriber presale ticket access, please click each link and complete the below steps.

SETUP COMPLETE

Disconnect Ticketmaster Account

You have until Sunday, November 12 at 7pm PT to complete the above setup.

Verified Subscribers will receive a text by 5am PT the morning of the presale start. Your text will include a link to purchase along with your unique presale access code to unlock access to tickets before the presale begins.

Might be because my subscription was renewed after I used my jt tour presale codes which actually were with my previous subscription (2016/2017)?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bigwave said:

thats not how it works, no need to resub to get verified - i just did it myself without resubbing

me too.

4 hours ago, bobsheinblum said:

Make tickets will call only, keep the tickets from the brokers.

That's logistically impossible. Most arenas are 18,000-25,000 seats, stadiums are 50,000+. Even if you have 20 or more ticket windows (and some venues don't have that many), you are talking about a process that would literally take all day.

Assume 20,000 tickets (approximately the size of MSG), all sold in pairs. That's 10,000 transactions. If you have 20 available will-call windows, each has to process 500 transactions. At one minute each, that's just over 8 hours, without any problems cropping up and the system running perfectly.

10 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

wait until the US/CAN presale ends and the EU presale starts...

Can i renew my sub after the US presale ends and the EU presale starts? Or do i need to renew my sub before Nov 12 in order to apply to the EU presale starts?

I only want to go to a show in Europe.

Please help!

Edited by cpaxlvacy

11 hours ago, bigwave said:

As far as I can see it can;t hurt. And stops your pants falling down

I have trouble understanding why you keep repeating false news.

In the faq it says:

"This Presale and verification process is for U2 shows in U.S. + Canada only. If you wish to attend a show in U.S. + Canada, please enter your North American Ticketmaster account info or create one in advance."

I guess my pants will be just fine. Or as we say around here:

Parempi viikko vuntierata kuin päivä tehdä turha työtä

52 minutes ago, cpaxlvacy said:

Can i renew my sub after the US presale ends and the EU presale starts? Or do i need to renew my sub before Nov 12 in order to apply to the EU presale starts?

I only want to go to a show in Europe.

Please help!

I want to know! Please let us know! So confused now. Sorry!

Eu

28 minutes ago, Vienis said:

I have trouble understanding why you keep repeating false news.

In the faq it says:

"This Presale and verification process is for U2 shows in U.S. + Canada only. If you wish to attend a show in U.S. + Canada, please enter your North American Ticketmaster account info or create one in advance."

I guess my pants will be just fine. Or as we say around here:

Parempi viikko vuntierata kuin päivä tehdä turha työtä

no false news at all ... with the information presented to you, you can get to a decision: do it or don't. just that and the pants and the week are untouched...

European dates and resubscription: I can think of two two approaches:

1) You can resubscribe now and wait until the European presale is announced. This way you have at least this step covered...

or

2) You could wait until the European presale is announced and then see in what ground you are (so to speak).

Use the information that you already have to reach a decision...

Thanks Max! Now it is clear!

If both options will work and our code will be valid for EU, I will renew now!!

On 02/11/2017 at 11:29 AM, oscarsear said:

This may clarify 

FA350F87-63E8-4981-89C0-4A5567BA8CCA.png

This helps loads thank you :) 

Edited by sazshackle

13 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

wait until the US/CAN presale ends and the EU presale starts...

Although I completed my subscribtion setup as already am a varified u2com subscriber? I already did as the steps said "all subscribers" have to complete setup (renew subscribtion and connect to ticketmaster.com) - there was nothing about North America/Canada and Europe as a difference.

I'm just worried that I did something wrong and will get the boomerrang when it comes to Europe-tour-information and -pre/public-sales.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, monica martino said:

That's the problem: if 

Well, I assume it will be.

Codes from last year are also valid now I read, if you didn't use them.

7 hours ago, monica martino said:

@bigwave from what account page shows looks like set up complete but no renewed is elegible to receive presale codes

MY ACCOUNT

YOUR USER INFORMATION

LOGIN NAME xxxxxx

DISPLAY NAME (Your Community Name)

monica martino

EMAIL STATUS

Verified

SUBSCRIPTION ACTIVE UNTIL

02 March 2018

PRIORITY ACCESS GROUP

eXPERIENCE

PASSWORD xxxxxx

U2.COM VERIFIED SUBSCRIBER PRESALE

We're committed to identifying and removing scalpers and bots to ensure more tickets go into the hands of U2.com Verified Subscribers. In order to be eligible for Subscriber presale ticket access, please click each link and complete the below steps.

SETUP COMPLETE

Disconnect Ticketmaster Account

You have until Sunday, November 12 at 7pm PT to complete the above setup.

Verified Subscribers will receive a text by 5am PT the morning of the presale start. Your text will include a link to purchase along with your unique presale access code to unlock access to tickets before the presale begins.

Might be because my subscription was renewed after I used my jt tour presale codes which actually were with my previous subscription (2016/2017)?

My account page shows the set up complete too -i've created a TM USA account even i don't need one !-, no renewed yet (subscription active til 31 january 2018) eXPERIENCE priority access group too to receive presale codes.

Just pre ordered the CD today >>> " You will receive your code from the official retail partner from whom you pre-ordered the album, sometime between 01 January 2018 and 31 March 2018 "

So  now I'm just waiting for the U2.com presales ... and if I'm lucky 1 more presale code !!

I really like the new Album artwork with Elijah & Sian :Boy:

Edited by electricco

7 minutes ago, soey said:

Although I completed my subscribtion setup as already am a varified u2com subscriber? I already did as the steps said "all subscribers" have to complete setup (renew subscribtion and connect to ticketmaster.com) - there was nothing about North America/Canada and Europe as a difference.

I'm just worried that I did something wrong and will get the boomerrang when it comes to Europe-tour-information and -pre/public-sales.

you should be OK...

7 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

you should be OK...

Thank you! I'm so confused.

So I will receive the sms for the already announced shows and keep it unsused until the European presale will start - is this the light at the end of the tunnel of confusion?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, soey said:

Thank you! I'm so confused.

So I will receive the sms for the already announced shows and keep it unsused until the European presale will start - is this the light at the end of the tunnel of confusion?

You will receive it...

Please keep checking periodically the site and board for any possible update...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

You will receive it...

Please keep checking periodically the site and board for any possible update...

Thank you!

14 hours ago, bigwave said:

thats not how it works, no need to resub to get verified - i just did it myself without resubbing

Fair enough, so how come so many were having to pay for a new subscription to become a verified subscriber?

I’m so confused!  So apparently  current subscribers can link to TM and get verified subscriber status without having to renew? But if we are only planning on shows in UK  do we link to TM USA to get verified or wait until there’s a link to TM UK?  I’m reading mixed messages in this thread!!!! Can a mod clarify please ?

11 minutes ago, Sue1 said:

I’m so confused!  So apparently  current subscribers can link to TM and get verified subscriber status without having to renew? But if we are only planning on shows in UK  do we link to TM USA to get verified or wait until there’s a link to TM UK?  I’m reading mixed messages in this thread!!!! Can a mod clarify please ?

For myself i've created a TM USA account even i don't need one !-, no renewed yet (subscription active til 31 january 2018) eXPERIENCE priority access group to receive presale codes.

My account page shows the set up complete

Edited by electricco

I think people renewed because was written on account page as one of the three step to have set up complete 

Due totechnical problems maybe  the system didn't recognise immediately who was already ok http://www.u2.com/verified_terms

Still need  to understand if not using code for Usa and Canada will make us eligible to use the same code for Europe and rest of the world, we'll receive a new one or at this stage is better not to be connected to TM usa and hence not having set up complete