Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Ok but I don't think you should worry if you didn't receive the email, it says nothing but the news we have on u2.com, no particular invitation or anything like that.

Edited by lauretta1979

Moderator:

i renewed my subscription. I also have a Citi card. Can I get access to both th fan and Citi card pre-sale options, or only to one? Does signing up for one cancel out the other?

I'm gonna keep asking this until i get a concrete answer. This process is so frustrating. I want to go to 1 or 2 European concerts. Ok having said that, can i wait to renew my subscription after the presale for the European concerts are announced? Please mods help me with this answer, i'm going crazy. Thanks in advanced!!!

5 minutes ago, cpaxlvacy said:

I'm gonna keep asking this until i get a concrete answer. This process is so frustrating. I want to go to 1 or 2 European concerts. Ok having said that, can i wait to renew my subscription after the presale for the European concerts are announced? Please mods help me with this answer, i'm going crazy. Thanks in advanced!!!

In November it‘s all about USA.

Europeans don‘t need to renew, don‘t need to connect to Ticketmaster. Relax and wait till 2018. the EUR presale will be different.

And just keep in mind that they will announce tons of extra shows after the first ones are sold out. There will be new presales for the add. shows.

6 minutes ago, spacko said:

Europeans don‘t need to renew, don‘t need to connect to Ticketmaster. Relax and wait till 2018. the EUR presale will be different.

How do you know this information?

45 minutes ago, cpaxlvacy said:

You can if you think it's better... but you don't have to if you prefer to wait until the EU presales...

For those interested... 

I just sent an email to sms-support asking about 0 after intl code 

As soon as I'll get an answer I'll let you know (if ever...) 

13 hours ago, padrepio said:

image.png.e459be2c57b6e398e72c03013ae5541d.png

this is screen grab of earlier e mail i was talking about...as you can see  if you are a european fan you have to wait

What do I do if I copleted setup as I read "all subscribers MUST" but will not travel to US nor Canada so only like to buy Europe-tickets (to be announced). I really worry that if I cut connection to TM.com or sms-messaging I forfeit my presale-code as it's my 'mistake' that the code they send is not reaching me and I read something like that in the terms/help. Could they add some FAQ for those like me who completed the setup but only want to attend Europe-shows? Waht do we have to do without risking our presale-code? Or can we let the setup completed and simply not use the US/CAN-presale-code and so save it for European-shows? Anything official would be great.

4 hours ago, spacko said:

Would like to dicsonnect but am worried to risk my presale-code. I read something about forfeit the code if it doesn't reach me because of my settings.

Is there a way to get any official statement or FAQ? I still haven't received a reply by emailing support that fit by 100%.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soey said:

What do I do if I copleted setup as I read "all subscribers MUST" but will not travel to US nor Canada so only like to buy Europe-tickets (to be announced). I really worry that if I cut connection to TM.com or sms-messaging I forfeit my presale-code as it's my 'mistake' that the code they send is not reaching me and I read something like that in the terms/help. Could they add some FAQ for those like me who completed the setup but only want to attend Europe-shows? Waht do we have to do without risking our presale-code? Or can we let the setup completed and simply not use the US/CAN-presale-code and so save it for European-shows? Anything official would be great.

Would like to dicsonnect but am worried to risk my presale-code. I read something about forfeit the code if it doesn't reach me because of my settings.

Is there a way to get any official statement or FAQ? I still haven't received a reply by emailing support that fit by 100%.

Just renew to be safe. $40 for peace of mind.

• Like 1

I followed the guidelines straight after the announcement, which said I needed to renew, as I had used a code on the JT Tour.  Even though I renewed in February 2017 and my renewal was set for March 2018.

Now I wish I hadn't since I haven't joined a presale since my last re-subscription (the JT presale I joined was in January), and I think if I'd have waited it would have gone to complete on its own after a few days.  It's not so much the money because the extension gets added to the end, it's the fact that I won't be able to re-sub in January 2018 for a code for Europe, which, by rights, I'm entitled to.

I've contacted Live Nation asking for my renewal NOT to go through but I think there's zero chance of that!  And I don't want to block the payment at my credit card and risk making my account Incomplete again.

Any guidance for this situation?!

14 hours ago, lauretta1979 said:

Ok but I don't think you should worry if you didn't receive the email, it says nothing but the news we have on u2.com, no particular invitation or anything like that.

Ok, thank you very much :)
Confusion level = stable :D

So getting a message about the album and the tour I bought one and renewed at the same time. I got a message saying I needed to register NOW so that's what I did. I've registered for the US not realising I had to wait for European registration as there were not clear instructions on the page where you do this. It was stressed very heavily and I had not realised it was just for the US. 

There are 24 pages of posts on this, and I've tried to work out what the hell I'm supposed to do now, and whether I've screwed up my chance to get European tickets. I still am none the wiser. It is clear as mud and trying to trawl through pages and pages of equally confused people is not helping. 

Seriously, the FAQ on this should be a list of FAQ with an answer. Instead there is just this thread full of people who are confused.

This is a car crash. I can not for the life of me understand why introducing a system which is actually quite complex compared to the past, was so poorly thought through and executed. I do not like complaining as I've generally had a very good experience over the years with U2.com. 

What do I do now?

Can I deregister from the US and register for Europe as this is what I need to do. 

I have NOT renewed my subscription, it ends 30 June 2018 yet I still have the green setup complete message. I did use 2 of 4 tickets for the JT tour and it's been green for several days now. Am I going to have to renew or not?? Anybody know the answer?

1 hour ago, bagdifo said:

I have NOT renewed my subscription, it ends 30 June 2018 yet I still have the green setup complete message. I did use 2 of 4 tickets for the JT tour and it's been green for several days now. Am I going to have to renew or not?? Anybody know the answer?

Did you use your code before or after you re-subscribed last time?  I'm assuming that's the deciding factor.

2 hours ago, Clur said:

So getting a message about the album and the tour I bought one and renewed at the same time. I got a message saying I needed to register NOW so that's what I did. I've registered for the US not realising I had to wait for European registration as there were not clear instructions on the page where you do this. It was stressed very heavily and I had not realised it was just for the US. 

There are 24 pages of posts on this, and I've tried to work out what the hell I'm supposed to do now, and whether I've screwed up my chance to get European tickets. I still am none the wiser. It is clear as mud and trying to trawl through pages and pages of equally confused people is not helping. 

Seriously, the FAQ on this should be a list of FAQ with an answer. Instead there is just this thread full of people who are confused.

This is a car crash. I can not for the life of me understand why introducing a system which is actually quite complex compared to the past, was so poorly thought through and executed. I do not like complaining as I've generally had a very good experience over the years with U2.com. 

What do I do now?

Can I deregister from the US and register for Europe as this is what I need to do. 

you make  good points about too much and sometimes conflicting info (and the fact some info is being updated etc)

Currently reviewing priority questions and unknowns, and will need to move some of the questions here to a new thread, which will direct people to the right place to ask individual specific things that can only be answered by the Help page Customer Service Team... 

Hopefully will help compartmentalise and clarify over next day or so.. hang tight all.. no them, only us.

Not pretending to be an expert, but imho if you used your presale code for the joshua tree you have to renew to have the new presale code, as simple as that. If you don't want to go to US dates you can wait until the first days of 2018 to renew, also imho. I.e. my sub expires on February 2018, so to have a chance to have codes (now that customer care of u2.com doesn't assure it for European dates) I'll renew it before the European dates are out. I repeat, don't take it as pure gold, but maybe we arearemaking making much ado about nothing. Ps: I also wrote to u2.com customer service, when and if they'll reply me I'll tell you all :)

Edited by lauretta1979

So I emailed U2.con yesterday.......asking if I needed to get verified now an link to  USA Ticketmaster even though I do NOT want to go to a USA show.  They replied today.....

u2.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sue1 said:

So I emailed U2.con yesterday.......asking if I needed to get verified now an link to  USA Ticketmaster even though I do NOT want to go to a USA show.  They replied today.....

u2.jpg

pretty clear I would say then.

• Like 1

Just now, bigwave said:

pretty clear I would say then.

Yes, I would say so! :D 

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:12 PM, Max Tsukino said:

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps.

For Europe, please wait until the procedure is published. Thanks.

Hey Max thanks for the input. I'm in Boston what would your thought be about saving our codes for upcoming European leg... as this makes it much easier to get tix for shows in Europe from America ??

Thanks !!!

1 hour ago, suziem said:

Did you use your code before or after you re-subscribed last time?  I'm assuming that's the deciding factor.

I'm assuming I used mine after, although I bought my membership at the time I bought my JT tickets. On the JT tour you could buy tickets and join the fanclub at the same time.  So I bought 2 tix to Chicago and joined the fanclub at the same time.  I still had a code good for 2 more tickets and that is what I'm curious about.  I'm thinking that that code and 2 tix availability will be wiped out with the new tour and I will have to resubscribe to get a code for IE?  Sorry to ask this again, I know it's being asked a lot.