Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

I still want to know why the support line is saying even though we do all of the tasks on our U2com profile to be a verified fan, that we still may not receive a presale code. They apparently stated that to two individuals here and I've not seen anything to confirm or deny this will be the case, or maybe I missed it.

6 hours ago, jaimearodriguez said:

Just renew to be safe. $40 for peace of mind.

I did renew, straight away, as it says "all subscribers MUST" renew subscribtion and do the TM and sms things. There was no word if it's needed if you only wand tickets for Europe, or that it's only a North America thing to do. I emailed the support-team several times and never got an answer whether to keep it as it is "setup completed" or to cut connection and whatever to do not to risk my presale-code - as the terms read that you forfeit the presale-code if it cannot reach me because of mistakes in setting made by me. So I'm worried to forfeit the code if I cut connetcion with TM and/or sms and also am worried to receive a code valid for North America only and not getting one for Europe-shows. There's no answer by the support team nor anything to find at u2.com website so anything official.

Does anyone knows anything official what to do without risking the presale-code for Europe: if "setup completed" (renewed membership + conneted TM and sms) and wanting Europe-tickets only? As there is no answer by the support-team to this...

8 hours ago, jaimearodriguez said:

Just renew to be safe. $40 for peace of mind.

The $40 will not give you any peace of mind. What experience has taught me in the past few years is that despite renewing every time and getting a code for U2.com I always end up snagging tickets at the regular sale. I just suggest you relax and not worry.  There will be extra shows announced and you can probably get it at the regular sale

Yes but knowing that on regular sale my chance to get a ticket is based on a lottery doesn't make me happy and relaxed.. here we are talking about arenas, not stadiums, less tickets, better view, more stress.. :wacko:

5 hours ago, soey said:

I did renew, straight away, as it says "all subscribers MUST" renew subscribtion and do the TM and sms things. There was no word if it's needed if you only wand tickets for Europe, or that it's only a North America thing to do. I emailed the support-team several times and never got an answer whether to keep it as it is "setup completed" or to cut connection and whatever to do not to risk my presale-code - as the terms read that you forfeit the presale-code if it cannot reach me because of mistakes in setting made by me. So I'm worried to forfeit the code if I cut connetcion with TM and/or sms and also am worried to receive a code valid for North America only and not getting one for Europe-shows. There's no answer by the support team nor anything to find at u2.com website so anything official.

Does anyone knows anything official what to do without risking the presale-code for Europe: if "setup completed" (renewed membership + conneted TM and sms) and wanting Europe-tickets only? As there is no answer by the support-team to this...

It says connect to North America Ticketmaster, not just Ticketmaster, so this is almost certainly for just the American dates and a European link will happen once these dates are released. I have renewed even though I don’t expire until February and it has honoured my expiry dates to Feb 2019, so cant complain about that. I will not verify the Ticketmaster part until European link is put up, as pretty sure that will be the case. 

I just disconnected from Tm Usa 

And it doesn't show any longer that I have to renew as it did at the announcement of the tour so I'd say problems have been solved and my active subscription is eligible to receive presale codes :)

I am already a member of the U2 site, but it is telling me I have to renew. My subscription is still valid.  how do I verify?

On 11/5/2017 at 10:37 AM, soey said:

Same question I have.

I really hope that u2.com issues a FAQ for what to do if you completed setup (incl sms-messaging and ticketmaster.com-connection) but don't want to buy US/CAN-tickets.

As I read something about "all subscribers MUST" and the possibility to forfeit-your-code (see my post above). I'm really worried!

This is getting beyond a joke. It remains unclear for European subscribers (UK here) whether connecting to TM US will invalidate us for the forthcoming UK presales. I do not want any North American tickets and I still don't see enough clarity here to make me confident of what I should do to make sure I can secure the UK tickets I will be looking for. I have pre-ordered the deluxe cd and thought that would be enough but obviously not.

8 hours ago, Sue1 said:

So I emailed U2.con yesterday.......asking if I needed to get verified now an link to  USA Ticketmaster even though I do NOT want to go to a USA show.  They replied today.....

u2.jpg

@hoachy

This is pretty ckear

Edited by monica martino

I have a question...

So I am U2.com member (renewed a few days ago), and I am also a Citi cardholder. Am I able to participate in both the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale AND the Citi Cardholder presale? My goal is to get five total tickets for the concert in Philly. I plan to buy two from the U2.com presale, and three from the Citi presale. Am I able to do this? I want to make sure I don't have any tickets cancelled.

Similar to moneypenny's post, does anyone know how many total tickets we are allowed for this tour (presales + general sale combined)?

I got this email by u2.com-support-team:

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, I'd be more than happy to see what we can do to help.

Information for the European concerts has not been released regarding the registration. We recommend to subscribe to the free newsletter to receive all the up to date information.

Registering for the North American concerts will not disqualify you from registering to the international concerts. We apologize for any confusion.

It's been my pleasure to assist you, please let us know if you need anything else.

Sincerely,

Alejandro

U2.com Team

I asked them if I will receive a presale-code as long as I do not use my code for North America.

Also asked if it is also possible to disconnect with TM.com and/or sms-messaging without causing problems concerning the upcoming Europe-ticket-presale-code as long as the North-America-presale-code remains unused.

As soon as I receive an answer I'll let you know.

But for now I understand it that it's no problem to be "septup completed" and not wanting to buy North America tickets but Europe tickets only. Hope I don't misunderstand it after and still in all this chaos.

PS: Also asked if its possible to officially release FAQ about this problem referring to Zootopia being full of questions about it. Fingers crossed!

On 11/1/2017 at 6:12 PM, Max Tsukino said:

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps.

For Europe, please wait until the procedure is published. Thanks.

Thanks for clarifying Max

6 hours ago, Moneypenny18 said:

I have a question...

So I am U2.com member (renewed a few days ago), and I am also a Citi cardholder. Am I able to participate in both the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale AND the Citi Cardholder presale? My goal is to get five total tickets for the concert in Philly. I plan to buy two from the U2.com presale, and three from the Citi presale. Am I able to do this? I want to make sure I don't have any tickets cancelled.

Just answered your same question on Interference.

1 hour ago, jaimearodriguez said:

Just answered your same question on Interference.

Indeed, you did. For anyone wondering, he said... 

"(Mostly) Yes. Mostly.

2 ticket limit in the u2.com presale and 4 ticket limit with the Citi presale.

HOWEVER, you are not allowed to purchase more than 4 tickets per show, per account. TOTAL."

I have one more question.

Does this four ticket limit include the general sale? For example, could a person purchase two tickets from the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale, and three from the general sale (for five total)? Or is the ticket limit still four tickets (for each Ticketmaster account), no matter how you buy them?

After rereading your response (the one that I quoted), I am assuming that there is a four-ticket limit for each Ticketmaster account, even if you buy from both a presale and the general sale.

22 hours ago, bschwarb said:

I'm assuming I used mine after, although I bought my membership at the time I bought my JT tickets. On the JT tour you could buy tickets and join the fanclub at the same time.  So I bought 2 tix to Chicago and joined the fanclub at the same time.  I still had a code good for 2 more tickets and that is what I'm curious about.  I'm thinking that that code and 2 tix availability will be wiped out with the new tour and I will have to resubscribe to get a code for IE?  Sorry to ask this again, I know it's being asked a lot.

according to Help page, as you part used your last code, then you would need to resub to be eligible for new one

I had asked them if I need to renew now, or link to TM USA.  I think it's pretty obvious by now that we should stop panicking and wait.., 

21 hours ago, Erin Go Bragh-less said:

I still want to know why the support line is saying even though we do all of the tasks on our U2com profile to be a verified fan, that we still may not receive a presale code. They apparently stated that to two individuals here and I've not seen anything to confirm or deny this will be the case, or maybe I missed it.

genuine subscribers have nothing to worry about, but for instance if an account was found to be in breach of rules, i.e. multiple accounts from same person, suspected of ticket touting, that kind of thing, then that would invalidate or preclude that account from receiving a presale code. That's my understanding of this wording,.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2017 at 5:20 AM, cpaxlvacy said:

I'm gonna keep asking this until i get a concrete answer. This process is so frustrating. I want to go to 1 or 2 European concerts. Ok having said that, can i wait to renew my subscription after the presale for the European concerts are announced? Please mods help me with this answer, i'm going crazy. Thanks in advanced!!!

nothing known about how Europe is going to work at this stage.

I'm all resubbed and verified - but as I look at the Vegas show, I'm noticing they don't use Ticketmaster, they are ticketing through AXS.  Will there be any concerns/issues with the pre-sale codes for this show?  I don't see any mention of the pre-sale listed for Vegas on Ticketmaster or on the AXS ticketing site.  I reached out to AXS last week and have received nothing...which is a tad concerning.  

Anyone know if AXS is participating in the pre-sale and whether our pre-sale codes will be valid for this sale?  

22 hours ago, Vienis said:

No belts and braces needed.

Still got mine., And ball of string just in case. Call me cautious.. or well prepared...

• Haha 2