Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

2 hours ago, Moneypenny18 said:

After rereading your response (the one that I quoted), I am assuming that there is a four-ticket limit for each Ticketmaster account, even if you buy from both a presale and the general sale.

Correct. Certainly a lot of hoops to go through for these tickets.

Edited by jaimearodriguez

On 11/5/2017 at 4:46 PM, oli g said:

This is all so confusing... Could one of the mods please help with the following question?

I did NOT use my code for Joshua Tree tour. My Verified Subscriber setup is complete.

I intend to use my code to buy 2 tickets for a North American show.

Once that code is used, if I renew my subscription, will I get a new code for 2 additional presale tickets that I can use  for additional North American shows which are expected to be announced after the initial sale?

Or is the presale limit 2 tickets per subscriber no matter what?

Please clarify...

Thank you!

OG

No. Renewing in this tour cycle after using a code already will not get any more presale codes for a subscriber.

On 11/5/2017 at 4:52 PM, Lan said:

Did you guys all receive the email from u2.com announcing a tour yesterday?  I did not receive one at all and have always received their emails.  If I can't even receive an email announcing the tour, this ordering tickets/text via cell phone business is making me nervous. :(  

1 hour ago, bigwave said:

was or were there email/s about announcing the album? tour? presale? pre-ordering? I haven't received any email, my email-address is correct, nothing in spam-folder. I had problems with receiving emails but u2.com-support-team said this is settled and all fine.

A different question: the presale-code by preorder the album in Europe > Can I choose any retailer listed when I click the preorder-button at u2.com to receive a presale-code (in 2018)?

Edited by soey

All this fuzz here feels crazy what a mess

i care only they will play at Trafalgar Square soon lovely cos I love London and guess what I love U2

and someone somewhere wrote there might be a Krakow show

looking forward to the European leg

that combination of E&I and Krakow would be interesting (have seen U2 Dublin U2 Istanbul U2 Helsinki U2 Stockholm) cos that is a very special place have been there twice recently it is a deep little city 

Edited by jaanakulo

2 hours ago, romanorton said:

I'm all resubbed and verified - but as I look at the Vegas show, I'm noticing they don't use Ticketmaster, they are ticketing through AXS.  Will there be any concerns/issues with the pre-sale codes for this show?  I don't see any mention of the pre-sale listed for Vegas on Ticketmaster or on the AXS ticketing site.  I reached out to AXS last week and have received nothing...which is a tad concerning.  

Anyone know if AXS is participating in the pre-sale and whether our pre-sale codes will be valid for this sale?  

You have to use "verified fan" for the Vegas show in public sale - even though AXS ist the ticket seller. There will definitely be a presale for Vegas. I suppose this will be though Ticketmaster. (I will fly in for the U2 show) 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, spacko said:

You have to use "verified fan" for the Vegas show in public sale - even though AXS ist the ticket seller. There will definitely be a presale for Vegas. I suppose this will be though Ticketmaster. (I will fly in for the U2 show) 

Thanks Spacko - we have a number of friends that are all planning on flying in for the show as well (myself included).  Just wanted to make sure we'd all be able to utilize the pre-sale like we have in the past.  Luckily, I'm in the Experience group - so, I'm hoping I don't have any difficulty with getting the tix I want.    

They still don't have a solution for those who only used their JT code for the St. Louis show that was cancelled. I'm supposed to call them back again on Thursday. :(

• Sad 1

I too did not receive any emails about the album announcement and tour.  Always did before.

And I verified that my email is still correct in my profile.  Checked my spam folder as well.   Getting worried about actually receiving presale code.

Mods: if we don't get an SMS message the morning of the presale, any idea on what we are supposed to do?

I am also in the category of always receiving emails correctly before, but have received none about this tour.  But I've never had a problem getting pre-sale codes, so I trust things will work out!

So here's a fun one... got an email (I've been getting them)... but this one says I have to renew because I used my codes for JT.  Yep, I did... but I have renewed since then and got the "green complete."

This should be an exciting next week. 

Not sure about belts and braces... but I am going to break out my crash helmet.

3 minutes ago, Veritastheviper said:

So here's a fun one... got an email (I've been getting them)... but this one says I have to renew because I used my codes for JT.  Yep, I did... but I have renewed since then and got the "green complete."

This should be an exciting next week. 

Not sure about belts and braces... but I am going to break out my crash helmet.

I got the same email, even though I renewed.  This whole thing is turning out to be a disaster.  

So I have renewed my subscription to participate in the presale in hopes they will add Texas dates. I don't really want to waste my code on a concert that is super far away but am also afraid that dates won't be added. Can I save my code for a closer venue?  Anyone else in the same boat? 

11 hours ago, bigwave said:

Yep, email is correct on the profile and checked spam.  I got an email confirming I had renewed and also for u2.com store purchases - just did not receive the email regarding tour announcement.  I've always received emails before.  Any other suggestions?  I sent in a help request as well.  Just trying my best to make sure things are set before pre-sales.  Thanks for any help.  

I received an email as well saying my account is incomplete which is true. Of course they can't know I'm not interested in Usa/Canada presale so I'll ignore it following what the CS said to many of you. 

Well they could have added "if interested in Usa/Canada presale" and no misunderstanding would have been possible 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, monica martino said:

I received an email as well saying my account is incomplete which is true. Of course they can't know I'm not interested in Usa/Canada presale so I'll ignore it following what the CS said to many of you. 

Well they could have added "if interested in Usa/Canada presale" and no misunderstanding would have been possible 

Same here.  I got this mail too but like Monica, I'm not bying any US/Canada tickets.  Clear communication is not easy, apparently.

• Brilliant 2

6 minutes ago, Jo Van de Vreken said:

Same here.  I got this mail too but like Monica, I'm not bying any US/Canada tickets.  Clear communication is not easy, apparently.

Same here, wouldn’t worry about it

• Brilliant 1

52 minutes ago, oscarsear said:

Same here, wouldn’t worry about it

Same here

I'm in Europe, and I'm planning to go to the European tour, but when I read the FAQ page I'm still confused...

"If I live outside U.S. + Canada, do I have to complete all the steps to participate in the Verified Subscriber Presale?
Yes. To be eligible you must complete all steps on your Profile page and you’ll know you’re all set when you see a green “SETUP COMPLETE” box on the page."

Does this apply only to USA tour??

3 minutes ago, hanshe said:

I'm in Europe, and I'm planning to go to the European tour, but when I read the FAQ page I'm still confused...

"If I live outside U.S. + Canada, do I have to complete all the steps to participate in the Verified Subscriber Presale?
Yes. To be eligible you must complete all steps on your Profile page and you’ll know you’re all set when you see a green “SETUP COMPLETE” box on the page."

Does this apply only to USA tour??

Yes me too!