Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

I am seriously annoyed that we don't seem to be getting a clear and definitive answer to the issue of subscribers in Ireland or outside the US. Can someone please give us clear and categorical confirmation as to the need to/not to setup and connect to the American Ticketmaster.

If this has been clearly clarified, I'm sorry but I've been looking for days and am as confused as ever.

If it's 'do nothing and we will figure it out later' then fine, but just officially tell us this rather than having people worried over missing out due to this confusion. I get that this is all to keep tickets in the hands of fans - I applaud the idea and can only imagine the stress & frustration on the mods here and support staff as well being constantly asked this by lots of us & I don't mean to be a pain - I would just like some official statement to give us all some guidance.

Thanks

• Like 2

If we complete setup as a VERIFIED FAN but do not use the code for the N. American shows, is it still valid for the European shows (once announced).

I have email Customer Service about this and still haven't heard back. Something definitive would be great.

• Brilliant 1

The one thing I'm sceptical about at the moment is getting the text message for the presale on time. Especially since I'm outside the US.

Hopefully there will be some form of testing done before hand.

On 6-11-2017 at 5:16 PM, Sue1 said:

So I emailed U2.con yesterday.......asking if I needed to get verified now an link to  USA Ticketmaster even though I do NOT want to go to a USA show.  They replied today.....

u2.jpg

For all European fans, see this reaction.

Just wait I guess. 

• Brilliant 3

I don't remember if we had choose the city we wanted to attend during the setup. Does anybody remember? And if we did, is there a way we can change the city? I've decided I want to see them in another city. If anybody or a moderator can help I'd appreciate. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, bobg25 said:

I don't remember if we had choose the city we wanted to attend during the setup. Does anybody remember? And if we did, is there a way we can change the city? I've decided I want to see them in another city. If anybody or a moderator can help I'd appreciate. Thanks.

We did not have to choose a city. That’s only for the VerifiedFan during the General Sale. However, check back on the evening of the 13th, as new details may be added. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lan said:

This is now the second person from the u2.com team (Candance) that I've contacted who told me that we are not guaranteed a code as fan club members.  Here is the pasted email reply I got - the capitalization is from the u2.com team employee:

"Presale codes are sent by text message approx. 2-4 hours before the presale begins. (INTL fans may get codes sent by email)

Registration DOES NOT GUARANTEE a presale code.

Receipt of a presale code DOES NOT GUARANTEE tickets.

Fans that do not receive a #VerifiedFan code can take part in a general onsale IF there is one."

Honestly, I think this agent is mistaken.  I just re-read the language, and it is pretty clear to me that paid subscribers will get a code, and non-subscribers might not. I don’t think Candace knows the difference.

I’ve had to argue with LN people about U2 fan club issues before; they don’t know everything.

• Sad 1

Looks like there are mistakes in onsale dates&times on TM end
. It shows 11/20 for General public onsale and 11/28 for Experience group.., 11/29 for Innocence, etc.....

u2.png

Edited by anna_boykova

This is the answer I got about the O after intl code in our mobile numbers. I'm sorry but there's no way I can upload the screenshot

Hello Monica,

Thank you for your email. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I'll be glad to assist you.

Don't worry about the phone number being an issue. If you signed up for the North American tour dates presale and if we are unable to reach you via text, you would receive your code via email instead.

If you need anything else, just reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

U2.com Team

I immediately answered him asking how they will know if we received the code and since he clearly says North American tour if it means they won't use the same system for Europe/RoW

To be continued... 

Edited by monica martino

Any news or anything official for subscribers who want to buy Europe tickets only but have already verified the account (setup complete) incl renew with 2018-gift, ticketmaster.com connection and sms-messaging agreed?

The text at u2.com (on Nov 1) said "all subscribers MUST", no info that if you want Europe tickets only you don't need or must not do this - nor what to do in this case.

No I only ger replys by u2.com-support to wait for further news or until Europe is announced. That doen't help me as I'm already verified and someone posted here worries about risking their code for Europe if veriefied for North American presales.

So I'm worried now about risking my code for Europe presales and that I might renew my subscription again for Europe presales though I did it on Nov 1 with 2018-gift.

Is there anything official on this??

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Tracy M said:

Not sure why you find it confusing; it's quite simple - if you used presale access to get JT tickets, you need to re-subscribe before Nov. 12 to get a presale code. So resub and do the set up.

I didn't say I found the email confusing I said it's all very confusing, we are talking about the conflicting advice on whether to complete the set up if we are in the UK, and the different information given.  

23 hours ago, colincooper said:

Not received this did use mine for JT tour I have resubscribed so hoping for tickets this year.

By the looks of the email presale is what we have subscribed again for but we are being advised different things regarding presale and set up. 

I keep getting emails saying I'm not eligible for a presale code - my subscription did lapse this year but I renewed the night before the tour announcement. I did all the verification and my profile says I'm good.

I've already paid and renewed. Why do they keep sending me emails that I'm not going to be eligible?

Why does every presale have something dumb and easily avoidable happen?

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:05 PM, Cazza said:

I feel your pain and am a long term subscriber since Propaganda days too. Same thing has happened to me. I reported this in the summer to a deafening response. 

so the Innocence group is the 2nd group....after I renewed immediately??

On 11/8/2017 at 4:15 PM, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

Anyone else having issues with their allotted pre sale group?

Yep, same exact issue.  Logged a complaint, and received a response that customer service would be in contact with me within 12 hours to resolve the issue.  That was 2 days ago.  Piss poor customer service.  At this rate, there's no point to renew membership after 2019.  

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:16 PM, Sue1 said:

So I emailed U2.con yesterday.......asking if I needed to get verified now an link to  USA Ticketmaster even though I do NOT want to go to a USA show.  They replied today.....

u2.jpg

Thanks for posting this clear information Sue1

On 11/1/2017 at 6:12 PM, Max Tsukino said:

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps.

For Europe, please wait until the procedure is published. Thanks.

42 minutes ago, Malahide said:

Thanks for posting this clear information Sue1

Thank you Sue and Max, again, for posting this info, think that finally clarifies, we wait :-)

22 hours ago, colm76 said:

I am seriously annoyed that we don't seem to be getting a clear and definitive answer to the issue of subscribers in Ireland or outside the US. Can someone please give us clear and categorical confirmation as to the need to/not to setup and connect to the American Ticketmaster.

If this has been clearly clarified, I'm sorry but I've been looking for days and am as confused as ever.

If it's 'do nothing and we will figure it out later' then fine, but just officially tell us this rather than having people worried over missing out due to this confusion. I get that this is all to keep tickets in the hands of fans - I applaud the idea and can only imagine the stress & frustration on the mods here and support staff as well being constantly asked this by lots of us & I don't mean to be a pain - I would just like some official statement to give us all some guidance.

Thanks

This has long been said: If you don't want to attend a show in the US you just do nothing than relaxing. Don't connect your account to TM, no need to renew your membership now.

22 hours ago, peterdiaz said:

If we complete setup as a VERIFIED FAN but do not use the code for the N. American shows, is it still valid for the European shows (once announced).

I have email Customer Service about this and still haven't heard back. Something definitive would be great.

They will probably use other, new codes for Europe. Remember the US-code will not appear on you u2.com account. Only via text message on your cell. If you don't use the US-code you will be able to take part in the European presale.

21 hours ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

The one thing I'm sceptical about at the moment is getting the text message for the presale on time. Especially since I'm outside the US.

Hopefully there will be some form of testing done before hand.

This my concern too. I fear all U2 fans from outside the US won't get a code because TM/u2.com have difficulties with our cell phone numbers.

13 minutes ago, spacko said:

This has long been said: If you don't want to attend a show in the US you just do nothing than relaxing. Don't connect your account to TM, no need to renew your membership now.

With the greatest of respect, this is not clear. It may have been said here, but there has now been more than one email clearly stating that you MUST connect to the TM US account regardless of which shows you want to go to. It does not make the distinction about European shows. Nor is there any FAQ that makes the distinction either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gringo said:

With the greatest of respect, this is not clear. It may have been said here, but there has now been more than one email clearly stating that you MUST connect to the TM US account regardless of which shows you want to go to. It does not make the distinction about European shows. Nor is there any FAQ that makes the distinction either.

Ok. Cheers, spacko

2 hours ago, spacko said:

They will probably use other, new codes for Europe. Remember the US-code will not appear on you u2.com account. Only via text message on your cell. If you don't use the US-code you will be able to take part in the European presale.

Thanks, but this isn't really that helpful (ie "probably").

Mods? No reply from Customer Service either.

Here's the thing, I - and maybe others - might want to be verified for the N. American shows just in case a show is added in our hometown, or a weekend show is added to one of the major cities that currently don't have a weekend show. If neither of those things don't happen, they I - and maybe others - might want to use our access for a European show in the summer.

Why can't there be a clear, unequivocal answer to this question from a person at U2.com or Customer Service?

15 hours ago, gringo said:

Right, same question here. I verified cause the text said "all subscribers MUST" without any info that it's only needed if you want tickets for North Amermica show.

When asking the support team replied that no need to verify if I want Europe tickets only. But never aswered my question that I need to know what to do if I am alreday veriefied but only want tockets for Europe. If I shall simply not use the code or if I shall unverify. No official FAQ nor info to that. There are so many with this question.

The only answer by support team I go - and I hope that it's 100% correct and that I do understand it right - that helped me was: "Registering for the North American concerts will not disqualify you from registering to the international concerts."

If anyone could help??

• Upvote 1

Given the confusion in Europe over this and the fact that the process is for North American ticketmaster accounts I am in little doubt that this process will not impact on u2.com members in Europe who want to attend shows in Europe.  I expect arrangements for becoming a "verified fan" in Europe will be released before the European tour is announced.