Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

1 hour ago, LDM said:

Hi.

Did anyone renew and the expiry date in their account info did not change? Mine remainas the same:

SUBSCRIPTION ACTIVE UNTIL
31 January 2018

How long ago did you renew? Sometimes it may take a bit and/.or you may need to clear your cookies/cache. 

1 minute ago, bgans said:

@Max Tsukino - can you get a definitive answer on the guaranteed codes or lottery question? If fan club members get "standby" notices and/or no codes at all, there will be an uproar unlike anything this board has ever seen. thanks

what it has been answered is based on the information we have... 

keep checking periodically the site and zootopia for any updates about the presales...

Just now, Max Tsukino said:

what it has been answered is based on the information we have... 

keep checking periodically the site and zootopia for any updates about the presales...

That's not an answer. Will fan club members get codes or will Ticketmaster be running a lottery for codes? This is happening tomorrow. A decision has to have been made by now.

@Max Tsukino did I get your reply right? - sorry, after all this confusion and nothing official on this I somehow mixup things, so could you confirm I got you right?

So, I will leave my account as is - setup completed/verified -...not use the code... and wait for Europe announcement and details and my presale-code (as I will not/haven't used in for US/CAN concerts).

right!?

Just now, soey said:

@Max Tsukino did I get your reply right? - sorry, after all this confusion and nothing official on this I somehow mixup things, so could you confirm I got you right?

So, I will leave my account as is - setup completed/verified -...not use the code... and wait for Europe announcement and details and my presale-code (as I will not/haven't used in for US/CAN concerts).

right!?

yes...

but keep checking periodically the site and the board for any update, please.....

16 minutes ago, bgans said:

That's not an answer. Will fan club members get codes or will Ticketmaster be running a lottery for codes? This is happening tomorrow. A decision has to have been made by now.

He did answer, maybe not the answer you wanted but answered. As he said, he answered based on the information we have and as stated on your account page, more info will be given later.

EE276265-1EA6-4476-BFA9-68353D156875.jpeg

• Like 1

@Max Tsukino thank you so much for your help!!

of course I will check here for any update  but as registration close today I'm happy to know that I will be fine and not risk my code for Europe. I live in Germany so can only check with time-difference and now I'm relaxed (and hope for no updates that turn everything by 180 degrees - fingers crossed).

And not for forget: Huge thanks to everyone who's helping here!

I just spoke with customer service and was told :

1) if I see green lit "set up complete", it does mean just that. She put me on hold for awhile (when I asked about my JT2017 tx & of that still meant I needed to renew early...) Said I'm lit on her side for a code to be sent. She did say if I'm a paid/active subscriber, I will certainly get a code 2-4 hrs (with a link) before presale on Tues., 14th. 

*said there has been a glitchs all over w/telephone number submit confusing people (can call and confirm it's the number on your acct, but that if that's the # you've submitted, it's "the one". And unless you want to change it, just hit submit once and leave it). 

*said the renew early glitch for changing the group presage has been fixed (asked b/c I'm due in Jan & figured I'd take NO chances & just do it now anyways.) I'll let you all know how that goes...

*lastly, she said that all the "glitches" were either fixed today or are in process. Their goal was to have the fixed by end of today. Cutting it a little short...but...I suppose U2 is always pushing the boundaries. Even w/tickets! 

Even with complete assurance, I'm always sitting on the edge, holding onto hope it all works out...and it does. Nevertheless, I'm still sitting there. Just thought I'd let you all know what I heard in my call. 

So, here's to hope! 

Before I call Fanfire about this, could somebody answer my question here? 

As part of my 2016 membership, I bought 2 tickets in the presale for the first American leg of the JT tour, in December 2016. My membership expired in April 2017, and I had to let it lapse a few weeks while I waited to get paid. I resubscribed near the end of May 2017. I've gone through the verification steps and have the "setup complete" message on my account info page, but twice in the last week I've gotten an email saying I need to renew. I can't find any information verifying that on my account page. Others have said that renewal was part of their setup process and that they didn't get setup complete until they renewed.

I contacted customer service via email and was told "Subscribers that purchased one of the 2017 JT membership offers AND have NOT used their Presale access code to purchase tickets to the JT tour will be eligible for access in the upcoming Presale."  I used my 2016 presale code but didn't buy any tickets through a presale since I renewed. 

Do I need to renew? It's so immensely frustrating how vague and unclear the communication from U2.com has been about this. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Edited by BonoIsMyMuse

9 minutes ago, mich40 said:

He did answer, maybe not the answer you wanted but answered. As he said, he answered based on the information we have and as stated on your account page, more info will be given later.

EE276265-1EA6-4476-BFA9-68353D156875.jpeg

No one has answered the question that has been asked. TM is saying Verified Fan Club membership is not a guarantee of access to tickets. Which means "we bought $40 lottery tickets." What I am asking is for U2 management & the forum moderators to confirm that information from this side. It is simply a matter of setting expectations.

Edited by bgans
  • Like 1

Still no word on credit card entry?  I haven't seen anything about it mentioned for this tour, so I'm assuming they won't be using it?  Would at least be nice to know.

I recently participated in TSO's fan club presale which used Ticketmaster's Verified Fan system. At the end of the day if they are using the verified fan system to limit scalper access I don't see how they can guarantee all fan club members will get tickets. I think we are all very aware by now that scalpers buy fan club memberships to get tickets so if they simply give all fan club members tickets you haven't done anything to limit scalpers. So then the question becomes how good are they at actually separating out scalpers from actual fans. I can tell you from the TSO experience that there were plenty of fans that wound up not getting tickets and were not pleased. TSO told people that didn't get tickets to contact them directly and they would work with them to make it right (and that was for a free fan club), however, given past experiences with U2 presales I don't see that happening here. I personally decided given how much drama U2 presale experiences usually bring, and being made to renew early despite buying only using one of my 4 tickets for the last tour (to get $100+ obstructed view seats that weren't advertised as such) I'm done and will take my chances in the general sale. Truthfully through the years, I've gotten better tickets in the general than the presale anyway. 

Side note: 

This is making me miss the days of standing in line for tickets at midnight, outside Dillard's with a seating chart in my hand with "plan A" , " plan B" laid out... and walking out with freshly printed U2 tickets....

(still have the queue line signs for those days, lol) 

Edited by Emme80

i live in the netherlands and don’t wish to participate in the US presale.  i have renewed my subscription so i  can get european presale codes when the european presale is announced.  i understand from the FAQ that attaching a north american ticketmaster account is only for those wanting to purchase tickets to US dates.  as i used to live in the US, i have a US ticketmaster account. so  i have attached it to my account and am verified but will this hurt me for the european presale if i have my US ticketmaster account attached?  or should i unnatach it from my account until the european dates are announced? 

Edited by ABEL

ok question I have not seen answered.  So I know people will have SMS issues.  I work in IT in a room in middle of building with no cell signal, we get on the wifi.  I think I heard we get an EMAIL as well as SMS with the code?  What email does that go to?  My TM email or my u2.com email?

Does anyone 100% know which one?  Mods?

Edited by sbeck

Just got this email today. But I am renewed and verified so why would I get this 

Last Chance! Renew Your Membership Today to Access Presale 

Don't miss out on getting first access to the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour!

Your current U2 Subscription is not eligible for presale access because you have used your presale access code to purchase tickets on the recent Joshua Tree Tour.

5 minutes ago, westree said:

Just got this email today. But I am renewed and verified so why would I get this 

Last Chance! Renew Your Membership Today to Access Presale 

Don't miss out on getting first access to the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour!

Your current U2 Subscription is not eligible for presale access because you have used your presale access code to purchase tickets on the recent Joshua Tree Tour.

this seems to be a blanket email they’re sending to all members.  as long as your account info says that you’re verified you should be ok.

31 minutes ago, ABEL said:

i live in the netherlands and don’t wish to participate in the US presale.  i have renewed my subscription so i  can get european presale codes when the european presale is announced.  i understand from the FAQ that attaching a north american ticketmaster account is only for those wanting to purchase tickets to US dates.  as i used to live in the US, i have a US ticketmaster account. so  i have attached it to my account and am verified but will this hurt me for the european presale if i have my US ticketmaster account attached?  or should i unnattach it from my account until the european dates are announced? 

i done the same as you mate...i live in glasgow...i disconnected from ticketmaster n.a /..i am now showing red as unverified..am waiting to verify when euro dates are announced..i was scared that if i remain verified i will be sent out a code for n.a which i will not use and it would be of no use to me for europe(again this has not been made clear)  If a code sent out to me for n.a is not used and cannot be used for euro dates then you would be up shit creek without a paddle...it is not even clear if euro dates are gonna be organised the same way as the american dates

• Like 1

sorry for asking this mods as its off topic but in case all this presales carry-on becomes a big let down is there anybody on here who remembers how much red zone tickets were(preferably in the uk) for the indoor leg of i and e tour? as i have a feeling this is the only way am gonna get tix for this tour...any info on how much they were would be appreciated thanks

32 minutes ago, padrepio said:

i done the same as you mate...i live in glasgow...i disconnected from ticketmaster n.a /..i am now showing red as unverified..am waiting to verify when euro dates are announced..i was scared that if i remain verified i will be sent out a code for n.a which i will not use and it would be of no use to me for europe(again this has not been made clear)  If a code sent out to me for n.a is not used and cannot be used for euro dates then you would be up shit creek without a paddle...it is not even clear if euro dates are gonna be organised the same way as the american dates

as there’s still no clear answer,  and it’s almost time for bed here, i’ve just disconnected mine too. 

I just renewed my membership. I will go to shows in Europe!! Do i leave my american ticketmaster account unlinked and wait for the European presale? 

P.S. Please dont give an answer like, "do as you want, is up to you".

Thanks

3 minutes ago, cpaxlvacy said:

I just renewed my membership. I will go to shows in Europe!! Do i leave my american ticketmaster account unlinked and wait for the European presale? 

P.S. Please dont give an answer like, "do as you want, is up to you".

Thanks

Linking the account is not necessary if you do not want to attend a North American show in leg 1.... you can wait until the European presale...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Emme80 said:

I just spoke with customer service and was told :

1) if I see green lit "set up complete", it does mean just that. She put me on hold for awhile (when I asked about my JT2017 tx & of that still meant I needed to renew early...) Said I'm lit on her side for a code to be sent. She did say if I'm a paid/active subscriber, I will certainly get a code 2-4 hrs (with a link) before presale on Tues., 14th. 

*said there has been a glitchs all over w/telephone number submit confusing people (can call and confirm it's the number on your acct, but that if that's the # you've submitted, it's "the one". And unless you want to change it, just hit submit once and leave it). 

*said the renew early glitch for changing the group presage has been fixed (asked b/c I'm due in Jan & figured I'd take NO chances & just do it now anyways.) I'll let you all know how that goes...

*lastly, she said that all the "glitches" were either fixed today or are in process. Their goal was to have the fixed by end of today. Cutting it a little short...but...I suppose U2 is always pushing the boundaries. Even w/tickets! 

Even with complete assurance, I'm always sitting on the edge, holding onto hope it all works out...and it does. Nevertheless, I'm still sitting there. Just thought I'd let you all know what I heard in my call. 

So, here's to hope! 

Good post thanks,  Is it only SMS?  Do we get an email as well?  If so, WHAT email address so they use?

20 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

Linking the account is not necessary if you do not want to attend a North American show in leg 1.... you can wait until the European presale...

Thanks Max!!!

1 hour ago, sbeck said:

Good post thanks,  Is it only SMS?  Do we get an email as well?  If so, WHAT email address so they use?

I just called to see about that and she said yes, it is only by SMS...not via email. Unfortunately. 

I asked about European accounts...she said that will be an entirely different code to be issued. 

I lastly, again, asked about guaranteed code (not guaranteed tickets, as that is never guaranteed) and she did say there IS a chance that if the algorithm detects something, someone may not get a code. But, she said that they're not expected it to be a high likelihood. So, I suppose it can happen. :/ 

hope that helps any bit.

Edited by Emme80