Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

What’s the deal with the VIP Presale on the 14th? Do the VIP packages count toward the allotment of 2 U2.com presale?

7 hours ago, lmnoiu said:

Still no word on credit card entry?  I haven't seen anything about it mentioned for this tour, so I'm assuming they won't be using it?  Would at least be nice to know.

I'm going to assume they'll be using credit card entry for this 2018 Tour - as it was used in the last 2 Tours. It's a good system.

But I guess you want to hear an official reply from U2.com 

2 hours ago, Snakefish said:

I'm going to assume they'll be using credit card entry for this 2018 Tour - as it was used in the last 2 Tours. It's a good system.

But I guess you want to hear an official reply from U2.com 

the difference though is they are doing this verified thing this time around to combat scalpers.  the other tours, they advertised credit card entry everywhere, well in advance.  this time, i haven't seen one thing mentioned about it.

14 hours ago, bgans said:

No one has answered the question that has been asked. TM is saying Verified Fan Club membership is not a guarantee of access to tickets. Which means "we bought $40 lottery tickets." What I am asking is for U2 management & the forum moderators to confirm that information from this side. It is simply a matter of setting expectations.

membership or verified membership has never been a guarantee of tickets. it guarantees you a presale code. it’s in the FAQ.

“Does a Subscription to U2.com guarantee I can purchase tickets?
No. U2.com presales provide early access but cannot guarantee tickets. Tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis.”

18 hours ago, soey said:

The only reply I got from U2-support that fit a bit to my question was that: Registrating for North American conerts will not disqualify you from registrating to the international concerts."

I guess as long as I don't use the code I'll be fine to have the/a code for the Europe presales. Right? 

that's how I understood it.

and @Max Tsukino suggest to keep the Code, too. There might be a chance to use it for the European presale. 

i think I will leave everything as it is from now on and see what will happen. In the end it’s the best thing we can do if some details remain unclear... at least we can learn from the US-presale. 

Don‘t get me wrong, fingers crossed to all of you that you get all the tickets you want :)

Hello mods, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was travelling and unfortunately missed the emails about linking my account in order to receive a presale code via text by last night’s deadline.

i just now linked my account to my cell and agreed to the sms texts but am fearful I’m too late.  

If there is anything that can be done at this point I would be super appreciative.  I’ve been a subscriber for many years and was looking forward to catching this tour as i have done now for the past decade +.  Thanks in advance

Edited by chadp123

43 minutes ago, chadp123 said:

Hello mods, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was travelling and unfortunately missed the emails about linking my account in order to receive a presale code via text by last night’s deadline.

i just now linked my account to my cell and agreed to the sms texts but am fearful I’m too late.  

If there is anything that can be done at this point I would be super appreciative.  I’ve been a subscriber for many years and was looking forward to catching this tour as i have done now for the past decade +.  Thanks in advance

unfortunately is out of our scope... best would be to call customer support services and explain the issue...

So i know they had a date and time certain we had to signup etc.  I get that.

Is the code we get going to be usable for the additional shows they had to the schedule?  So if I miss on say Chicago and they add a "Chicago 2", can I try again with my code?

Thanks, sorry if this has been answered.  I guess the question is, "will added US shows have their own pre-sale, and is this code we get this week usable for said added shows?" if we didn't use it.

It's so weird that if you verified like I did and don't want North America tickets is still unclear what to do or if it simply doesn't matter at all.

I was worried to risk my code if I unverify.

Now I read a post that getting a code for North America could forfeit my code for Europe.

I'm completely back in chaos again. Thank you Max Tsukino for giving me a short breath  - gone by now....fingers crossed that either we get official info or even better it simply doesn't matter if verified or not unless the code will not be used for North American shows.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, soey said:

Now I read a post that getting a code for North America could forfeit my code for Europ

Where did you read that?

1 hour ago, soey said:

It's so weird that if you verified like I did and don't want North America tickets is still unclear what to do or if it simply doesn't matter at all.

I was worried to risk my code if I unverify.

Now I read a post that getting a code for North America could forfeit my code for Europe.

I'm completely back in chaos again. Thank you Max Tsukino for giving me a short breath  - gone by now....fingers crossed that either we get official info or even better it simply doesn't matter if verified or not unless the code will not be used for North American shows.

omg, now a little bit panic again... :o 

21 hours ago, BonoIsMyMuse said:

Before I call Fanfire about this, could somebody answer my question here? 

As part of my 2016 membership, I bought 2 tickets in the presale for the first American leg of the JT tour, in December 2016. My membership expired in April 2017, and I had to let it lapse a few weeks while I waited to get paid. I resubscribed near the end of May 2017. I've gone through the verification steps and have the "setup complete" message on my account info page, but twice in the last week I've gotten an email saying I need to renew. I can't find any information verifying that on my account page. Others have said that renewal was part of their setup process and that they didn't get setup complete until they renewed.

I contacted customer service via email and was told "Subscribers that purchased one of the 2017 JT membership offers AND have NOT used their Presale access code to purchase tickets to the JT tour will be eligible for access in the upcoming Presale."  I used my 2016 presale code but didn't buy any tickets through a presale since I renewed. 

Do I need to renew? It's so immensely frustrating how vague and unclear the communication from U2.com has been about this. Thanks to anyone who can help.

I'm in the almost exact situation as you are, except I didn't renew until the night before the tour announcement. I kept getting those emails too and I finally heard back from support and they said I was good to go for this presale. I did get put in the Innocence group, as I'm sure you did too if you had a lapse.

• Like 1

@Max Tsukino I did read that here - maybe I'm just in panic as people unverify and I don't know if I better should too. Maybe I just panic because there's nothing official. Didn't want to raise any panic.  (I read something in the terms that if a code cannot reach me due to my fault it's forfeit - I hope very much that I misunderstood that.) I'm still worried for being verified and also to unverify now - sorry, in my head is a swirling chaos.

19 hours ago, padrepio said:

i done the same as you mate...i live in glasgow...i disconnected from ticketmaster n.a /..i am now showing red as unverified..am waiting to verify when euro dates are announced..i was scared that if i remain verified i will be sent out a code for n.a which i will not use and it would be of no use to me for europe(again this has not been made clear)  If a code sent out to me for n.a is not used and cannot be used for euro dates then you would be up shit creek without a paddle...it is not even clear if euro dates are gonna be organised the same way as the american dates

@chulia83 sorry, didn't want to put you in panic, sorry. But I'm in worries again.

I guess it's just because nothing is officially said by support of u2.com nor to find on the website.

But somehow I want to believe that if I'll get a code for North America and don't use it that either the code will be valid for Europe/rest of the world or I will get a new one for EU/RotW - just as those who didn't use their code for JT. I hope that I can hold on to this.

5 minutes ago, sbeck said:

anyone have a reply to my post.. Thanks

about possible extra shows? If there is an extra show for a certain city, the norm is to have a presale and if you haven't used your code or you still have one ticket left you can use on it... but be aware that it's possible that a presale for this hypothetical extra show couldn't happen... You would need to check the site and the board for any info, if there are extra dates added...

I'm listed as an iNNOCENCE Group member but should be an eXPERIENCE Group member.  I have the member gifts from each year to prove it! What can I do to be able to purchase tickets tomorrow instead of Wednesday?

14 minutes ago, soey said:

@Max Tsukino I did read that here - maybe I'm just in panic as people unverify and I don't know if I better should too. Maybe I just panic because there's nothing official. Didn't want to raise any panic.  (I read something in the terms that if a code cannot reach me due to my fault it's forfeit - I hope very much that I misunderstood that.) I'm still worried for being verified and also to unverify now - sorry, in my head is a swirling chaos.

@chulia83 sorry, didn't want to put you in panic, sorry. But I'm in worries again.

I guess it's just because nothing is officially said by support of u2.com nor to find on the website.

But somehow I want to believe that if I'll get a code for North America and don't use it that either the code will be valid for Europe/rest of the world or I will get a new one for EU/RotW - just as those who didn't use their code for JT. I hope that I can hold on to this.

It's a bit understandable to be confused: this is the first time this system is used, so info comes and goes...

Please be as calm as possible and please keep checking periodically the site and the board... information updates will be posted...

• Like 1

ok so really non answer lol :).  Yes I am aware of the process for the last several tours,since the Propaganda days.  Interesting that there is no simple answer of here is how it is going to work or here is the change from the past process.  I wonder why the ambiguity.  is there a secret?

Thanks though for the maybe! :)

just seems funny not to offer visibility to the process but more maybe etc.  I know it's not you! Thanks again,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnPatrick4 said:

I'm listed as an iNNOCENCE Group member but should be an eXPERIENCE Group member.  I have the member gifts from each year to prove it! What can I do to be able to purchase tickets tomorrow instead of Wednesday?

You need to contact Customer Support services to check your account - have on hand all the relevant emails that prove you have resubscribed in time...

I just spoke with someone and i'm in the innocence group because I signed up in January 2017 and the cut off was December 29th (I believe) 2016.   So I missed out by a couple of weeks. 

23 minutes ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

Anyone know what time in the US all the information on tomorrow's presale will be sent out?

3-4 hours before the sale.

36 minutes ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

Anyone know what time in the US all the information on tomorrow's presale will be sent out?

Supposedly tonight sometime. Access codes (if you win the lottery to receive one) will be sent out 2-4 hrs before pre-sale tomorrow.

According to the FAQs "When will I find out if I have access to the Subscriber Presale?
Plan to hear from us the evening before the start of the Presale. You’ll receive an email with more details about the Subscriber Presale and how to prep for your purchase.

Edited by malaboo
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TorreyV said:

What’s the deal with the VIP Presale on the 14th? Do the VIP packages count toward the allotment of 2 U2.com presale?

Notice that on TM  is says VIP Package Presale - NOT VERIFIED FAN PRESALE as the others do- I may be wrong but in 2015 I think these packages were sold outside of the normal - some people were able to purchase these without presale codes earlier than the normal public onsale I think -  I didn't buy so not sure - Also What is the difference beween Citi Verfied Fan Presale which starts at 9am on 11/16 and the Citi PREFERRED Verified Fan Presale which starts at 10am? I guess you will quallify for one or the other?? - So few facts - so much stress