Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Bigwave, any help is appreciated.  If you become a verified member (registered member or whatever they are calling it) will it work for the same Ticketmaster account for the General Public sale.  I know this sounds stupid but for the last two tours I was unable to get Red Zone or GA tickets during the Experience presale but was able to snag them during the public sale.  I just want to make sure that after all I am offer is 500 section tickets as a long-time member it is not going to block me for public sale.  I had RZ for the last concert in StL but had to use my wife's account to get them and since it was cancelled really want to make it back (although it is a 1000 mile drive ...lol)

I saw that too. I’m going to assume VIP works the same as it did in the past. Purchase from VIP Nation, enter U2 Code, but they don’t count towards the allotted 2 ticket limit. I’m not sure about the two Citi Groups other than maybe Citi is splitting up the citi card members into two groups and I’m thinking you’ll know which group you are in when you get the text on the 16th. Thank you!

Sorry  but a bit lost here. I don't want to sign up to ticketmaster US. And now I've read too late to sign up for presale. Come on I've been Experience group for years and my subscription runs till February next year. What is going on for the European leg. Plus still not received gift from last year's subscription. Too many questions not enough answers 

19 minutes ago, neil mccormick said:

Sorry  but a bit lost here. I don't want to sign up to ticketmaster US. And now I've read too late to sign up for presale. Come on I've been Experience group for years and my subscription runs till February next year. What is going on for the European leg. Plus still not received gift from last year's subscription. Too many questions not enough answers 

I would be suprised if sign ups are closed for the European leg. Just like the Joshua Tree tour I expect you will be able to buy your ticket with a membership. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, soey said:

@chulia83 sorry, didn't want to put you in panic, sorry. But I'm in worries again.

don't worry :) it was just a little moment.
Now I hope for all of us to receive codes and I'm really curious what this all means for Europe...

Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

yes amazing to see Bigwave, someone who has replied to me before many times.  Cool to put a face and voice to the name.

Thanks for all the efforts.

OOPS Forgot my question.  So if we get something the "tips" text tonight is that mean we can expect the code the next day?  When will people with profile issues know they aren't getting a code?

Edited by sbeck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Max Tsukino said:

please check this...

I just want to clarify that I am ok for tomorrow. I didn't get a text message when I registered my phone number ???? 

3 minutes ago, miki_barrett said:

I just want to clarify that I am ok for tomorrow. I didn't get a text message when I registered my phone number ???? 

No text messages have been sent out as of yet.  If you have the green "Set Up Complete" box, you should be good to go.

1 minute ago, miki_barrett said:

Great ?. Fingers crossed ?. 

One further question- what time is pre-sale on at ??? 

eXPERIENCE group, 10.00 AM LOCAL TIME Tuesday 14th Nov.

iNNOCENCE group, 10.00 AM PACIFIC TIME ALL SHOWS Wednesday 15th Nov (note difference)

19 hours ago, Snakefish said:

I'm going to assume they'll be using credit card entry for this 2018 Tour - as it was used in the last 2 Tours. It's a good system.

But I guess you want to hear an official reply from U2.com 

I asked this, and reply was

We are not aware of any delivery restrictions on this. All formats should be available.

I don't understand how anyone got into the Experience group with these rules.  I renewed in early 2017 when I had to renew, and missed the cutoff just by chance.  Then I renewed a few weeks ago when I was told I had to and now it says  I'm good through 2021?  But if the band tours again in those three years (hopefully!) I'll have to renew again?  Trying not to stress out about it.  It is what it is. 

I'm guessing they're going to add dates at Madison Square Garden.  They've got three blank days  inbetween the announced gig there June 25th and the next gig June 29th just across the river in Jersey.  And there MSG calendar has nothing booked those three days.  NYC fans, if you don't see tix you want hold your powder!  But...if you use your code to log in and you don't purchase anything, do you get to use it again?  Anyone know?  Do they do fan pre sales for added dates? I can't remember.

I would assume not buying the ticket but looking at what you could get isn't going to "use" the code.  I had asked and didn't see answered, if you don't use code and they add shows can you use the code you get for those. Agree MSG will get another one I would think.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mich40 said:

No text messages have been sent out as of yet.  If you have the green "Set Up Complete" box, you should be good to go.

Any indication on when these will be sent out. Outside of the US so debating to stay up and see if I get one?

1 minute ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

Any indication on when these will be sent out. Outside of the US so debating to stay up and see if I get one?

No exact time yet, but closer to the on sale time. I recommend getting some rest.

2 minutes ago, benotti said:

Does anyone know ticket prices?

prices showing from links on u2.com/tour page i.e. 

Tulsa Price Range $41.00 - $325.00

1 hour ago, bigwave said:

eXPERIENCE group, 10.00 AM LOCAL TIME Tuesday 14th Nov.

iNNOCENCE group, 10.00 AM PACIFIC TIME ALL SHOWS Wednesday 15th Nov (note difference)

Okay so I've done this so many times but for some reason I'm confused...   I'm in Experience group so does Local time mean the venue's local time or where I live local time?  Ack!!

1 minute ago, mlawrenz said:

Okay so I've done this so many times but for some reason I'm confused...   I'm in Experience group so does Local time mean the venue's local time or where I live local time?  Ack!!

Venue local time

28 minutes ago, mlawrenz said:

Nice pic with Rocco there.  He is from Chicago area :).