Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

My account page shows "setup complete" and experience group yet I still haven't received an email.  I'm really starting to doubt that I'll receive a presale code in the morning.

I'm a long time Experience member (original Propaganda member). My set up is complete, but it says my email address is not verified.  Is that why I'm not getting an email?? Very upset.

8 minutes ago, Pichette88 said:

My account page shows "setup complete" and experience group yet I still haven't received an email.  I'm really starting to doubt that I'll receive a presale code in the morning.

CODE DELIVERY

Tomorrow morning, Tuesday, November 14 you will receive a text message that includes:

• A link to begin your purchase for the North American tour dates
• Your unique presale access code

Email only for exceptional circumstances...

3 minutes ago, mindy said:

I'm a long time Experience member (original Propaganda member). My set up is complete, but it says my email address is not verified.  Is that why I'm not getting an email?? Very upset.

give it time, see previous answers

12 minutes ago, kimber said:

I always have been able to get 4 tix for arena shows via pre-Sale and now I only can get 2? Why the heck?

It was only 2 for i+E. I had a very pissed off 12 year old because I went with her father and she stayed home. I hoping for 2GA in the pre-sale and a third in the general on-sale. Otherwise I'm going to have a pissed off 14 year old.

Ok, thanks Bigwave.  But, why would my profile say that my email is not verified? Is that a problem, and how can I rectify that?

Edited by mindy

2 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

Email only for exceptional circumstances...

My worry is that since I haven't received an email it means that I haven't been verified for some reason.

7 minutes ago, bgans said:

It was only 2 for i+E. I had a very pissed off 12 year old because I went with her father and she stayed home. I hoping for 2GA in the pre-sale and a third in the general on-sale. Otherwise I'm going to have a pissed off 14 year old.

Yeah, I was planning to take my wife and my two teenager boys. I guess two peeps on my family won't be happy. Too bad. Why not 4 tickets, kind of lame.

Well, I'll take a shot on the general sale. Maybe I'll be lucky. 

8 minutes ago, mindy said:

Ok, thanks Bigwave.  But, why would my profile say that my email is not verified? Is that a problem, and how can I rectify that?

when you registered did you not get a verification link to click from u2.com?

3 minutes ago, Pichette88 said:

My worry is that since I haven't received an email it means that I haven't been verified for some reason.

check your profile page... in the right column, there is an EMAIL STATUS field. is either "VERIFIED" or with a "VERIFY" link, if you haven't done it... If you haven't verified it, please click it and follow the directions... it may not be immediate, so keep checking...

1 minute ago, Max Tsukino said:

check your profile page... in the right column, there is an EMAIL STATUS field. is either "VERIFIED" or with a "VERIFY" link, if you haven't done it... If you haven't verified it, please click it and follow the directions... it may not be immediate, so keep checking...

My email status says verified.

1 minute ago, Pichette88 said:

My email status says verified.

then you should be OK... caveat: sometimes glitches happen and emails are not received. If this is the case, please contact Customer Support services and explain the issue...

2 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

There is no link to verify my email. I have been checking it for days. I previously used a different email address and changed it so it would be the same as my Ticketmaster account. 

1 minute ago, mindy said:

There is no link to verify my email. I have been checking it for days. I previously used a different email address and changed it so it would be the same as my Ticketmaster account. 

contact customer support services and explain the situation... let them know about the previous and the current email addresses...

1 minute ago, Max Tsukino said:

contact customer support services and explain the situation... let them know about the previous and the current email addresses...

Ok thank you

4 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

then you should be OK... caveat: sometimes glitches happen and emails are not received. If this is the case, please contact Customer Support services and explain the issue...

Thanks for the help.  I've contacted customer support like you suggested.

Apparently they sent the wrong email earlier. 1st I get an email congratulations you were chosen. 1 hour later they send this;

Thank you for registering for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale. Unfortunately, we mistakenly sent you a confirmation email earlier tonight. Contrary to the email you were sent earlier, we are unable to offer you access to the presale. While presale access is only one benefit included with your U2.com subscription, we recognize that it is important to many Subscribers.

We used my wife's membership of over 10 years and was denied. We will be requesting a refund and this will be the last time we pay for this garbage again.

Edited by oueclipse

In experience group and have yet to receive my email.  Considering I haven’t missed a tour since 1987, will be very unhappy if this Verified Fan process thinks I’m a “bit” and I don’t get a Code after 12 years of subscribing.

Im having Vertigo presale nightmares all over again.

Bigwave,

I have been in the U2 fan club since i was a kid in the mid-1980s. I was given a code, that said everything was cool, but i just received an email saying I was no longer eligible. Can you pleas let me know what is going on????? I need help here as i was planning on getting one ticket for Vegas tomorrow.  Can you please help? This is so not okay.

Dear U2.com Subscriber,

Thank you for registering for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale. Unfortunately, we mistakenly sent you a confirmation email earlier tonight. Contrary to the email you were sent earlier, we are unable to offer you access to the presale.

While presale access is only one benefit included with your U2.com subscription, we recognize that it is important to many Subscribers.

If you would like a refund of your subscription, please contact us using the Contact Us form on the Help page, and select 'Verified Subscriber Refund Request' from the dropdown menu.

We apologize for the confusion.
The U2.com Team

#U2eiTour  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jamesb said:

Bigwave,

I have been in the U2 fan club since i was a kid in the mid-1980s. I was given a code, that said everything was cool, but i just received an email saying I was no longer eligible. Can you pleas let me know what is going on????? I need help here as i was planning on getting one ticket for Vegas tomorrow.  Can you please help? This is so not okay.

Dear U2.com Subscriber,

Thank you for registering for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale. Unfortunately, we mistakenly sent you a confirmation email earlier tonight. Contrary to the email you were sent earlier, we are unable to offer you access to the presale.

While presale access is only one benefit included with your U2.com subscription, we recognize that it is important to many Subscribers.

If you would like a refund of your subscription, please contact us using the Contact Us form on the Help page, and select 'Verified Subscriber Refund Request' from the dropdown menu.

The U2.com Team

#U2eiTour  

How were you given a code?   The codes do not come out until 2-4 hours before the presale begins.  I got an email saying I'm a verified subscriber and will be texted the code in the morning.  Did you get that initial email only to get this one too?    It seems you did.  Perhaps this was sent to you by mistake?  I'm hoping that is the case.   It's sad that they try to circumnavigate scalpers and it leads to this.  I despise scalpers.  I hope you get it straightened out.  Did you PM a moderator?  That may be your best option..

8 minutes ago, jamesb said:

Bigwave,

Dear U2.com Subscriber,

The U2.com Team

#U2eiTour  

I just received this message as well, after being told everything was set and I was in the Experience group. I've maintained my membership to U2.com since Vertigo. I'm absolutely flummoxed as to why I'm now being told I can't participate in the pre-sale (especially given that all of the literature on the site says this is a benefit of membership) and why I'm only hearing about it 9 hours before my presale is supposed to start.