Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Just now, Manohlive said:

How were you given a code?   The codes do not come out until 2-4 hours before the presale begins.  I got an email saying I'm a verified subscriber and will be texted the code in the morning.  Did you get that initial email only to get this one too?    It seems you did.  Perhaps this was sent to you by mistake?  I'm hoping that is the case.   It's sad that they try to circumnavigate scalpers and it leads to this.  I despise scalpers.  I hope you get it straightened out.  Did you PM a moderator?  That may be your best option..

No.. they are saying I am not eligible. Maybe because my cousin with the same name has an account??? This is not cool.

Just now, jamesb said:

No.. they are saying I am not eligible. Maybe because my cousin with the same name has an account??? This is not cool.

Who is saying this?  U2.com?  TM?  If you go to the main page and go under your account...does it say setup complete?

Compiling a list with this Not Elegible email... if you received this email I'll contact you via PM

1 minute ago, Manohlive said:

Who is saying this?  U2.com?  TM?  If you go to the main page and go under your account...does it say setup complete?

The "U2.com team" wrote me in a second email.saying:

Dear U2.com Subscriber,

Thank you for registering for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale. Unfortunately, we mistakenly sent you a confirmation email earlier tonight. Contrary to the email you were sent earlier, we are unable to offer you access to the presale.

While presale access is only one benefit included with your U2.com subscription, we recognize that it is important to many Subscribers.

If you would like a refund of your subscription, please contact us using the Contact Us form on the Help page, and select 'Verified Subscriber Refund Request' from the dropdown menu.

We apologize for the confusion.
The U2.com Team

3 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Yep.

Account page says setup complete and that I'm in the experience group (I imagine this is the same for the above poster as well). I got the Experience presale e-mail. Then about twenty minutes ago I got an email saying I was given access in error and I can apply for a refund if I want.

I can only assume the fact that I have gone to multiple shows in the past makes them think I'm a scalper? But I've never scalped tickets. I just like going to gigs.

Edited by DiscreetMusic

Just now, Max Tsukino said:

Compiling a list with this Not Elegible email... if you received this email I'll contact you via PM

These mods really are worth their weight in platinum.  That was a swifty response, Max.  Are you mods gonna get any sleep tonight?  I cannot sleep and I'm not a moderator!

• Like 1

i just received this same email after receiving the confirmation email a couple hours ago.

Ive been a member for like 15 years

Dear U2.com Subscriber,

Thank you for registering for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale. Unfortunately, we mistakenly sent you a confirmation email earlier tonight. Contrary to the email you were sent earlier, we are unable to offer you access to the presale.

While presale access is only one benefit included with your U2.com subscription, we recognize that it is important to many Subscribers.

If you would like a refund of your subscription, please contact us using the Contact Us form on the Help page, and select 'Verified Subscriber Refund Request' from the dropdown menu.

We apologize for the confusion.
The U2.com Team

Just now, DiscreetMusic said:

Yep.

Account page says setup complete and that I'm in the experience group (I imagine this is the same for the above poster as well). I got the Experience presale e-mail. Then about twenty minutes I got an email saying I was given access in error and I can apply for a refund if I want.

I can only assume the fact that I have gone to multiple shows in the past makes them think I'm a scalper? But I've never scalped tickets. I just like going to gigs.

Same here. I absolutely hate scalpers. But.. I have been to a lot of shows.. All I know is that I, my cousin and my wife have been subscribers for a long time. I just don't get it.

11 minutes ago, Barilko said:

Any word on   Will there be Red Zone   if this is the wrong forum i apologize   Thanks  Cheers...

I think it may be the wrong forum but yes, there is a red zone if you look on the seating charts for the venues.

Just now, Barilko said:

Thank You..Cheers

Cheers back at ya and good luck in the presale.

6 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

@Max TsukinoPlease add me to the list.  I received the email, am not a scalper and should be in the eXperience group.  Thanks!  bddot

If you need my email, please let me know.  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

1 minute ago, bddot said:

@Max TsukinoPlease add me to the list.  I received the email, am not a scalper and should be in the eXperience group.  Thanks!  bddot

If you need my email, please let me know.  Thanks.

@Max Tsukino  Same here.  I show setup complete in my acct page.  I did also apply for the citi presale as i'm hoping to go to both LA and Vegas.

Email to the u2comteam has been sent, with all the names and information compiled at that moment...
Waiting for an answer - please be patient...

1 minute ago, Max Tsukino said:

Email to the u2comteam has been sent, with all the names and information compiled at that moment...

Thank you for your quick response!

Yesterday I was verified and good to go. Tonight I received the email confirming that all was good. Then, I received a second email saying that it was all a mistake and that I will not be allowed to participate in the presale tomorrow!!! What??!! Help!!

31 minutes ago, DiscreetMusic said:

I just received this message as well, after being told everything was set and I was in the Experience group. I've maintained my membership to U2.com since Vertigo. I'm absolutely flummoxed as to why I'm now being told I can't participate in the pre-sale (especially given that all of the literature on the site says this is a benefit of membership) and why I'm only hearing about it 9 hours before my presale is supposed to start.

Same here!! What is going on????

I received the email also.  Have been a paid subscriber since 2005 without one lapse.  Bad enough to not be able to participate in the presale but to get the original email first and then the correction is pretty devastating.

2 minutes ago, Rosa A said:

I received the email also.  Have been a paid subscriber since 2005 without one lapse.  Bad enough to not be able to participate in the presale but to get the original email first and then the correction is pretty devastating.

I totally agree. I have been in the fan club since 1984 and have never experienced something like this. 

I like the old days when we would send a money order, self-addressed stamped envelope and a ticket request. 

• Like 1

I am completely gutted! Why would this happen to long time fans?

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

I also received the same email. Experience group, member for years, verified samecday I got the original email. 

MAX....l just got the same email saying I was not in the presale after getting an emails saying I was in the experience group.

I received the same correction email after receiving the presale email. I am also in the Experience group. Still showing green Setup is Complete on my account.

Edited by u2flame

Why are any of you surprised this would end up backstabbing us?  This verified crap is just a scam for ticketmaster and livenation to gather your contact information and spam you.  open your eyes.  I have ALWAYS been able to get good tickets as a legacy,experience, whatever term member...  ALWAYS.  if it's not broke, don't fix it.  simple.  how many legacy members have ever really complained on here about not getting the tickets they want???  now they go and pull this crap and tell me i can't have a code, probably because i'm an avid concert goer and frequent business traveler?!  i guess i look like a scalper buying 1 or 2 tickets across the country, rather frequently. 

this whole tour has had a bad taste ever since they made everyone renew early..  another livenation money grab scam.  $325+ for pretty much any half decent lower level seat?  insane.

I am having the same issue.  Received an email showing I was verified and then received a rejection letter. My first tour was unforgettable fire and haven't missed one since.  This is so upsetting.  I have been set up and showing complete for well over a week.  PLEASE HELP!!