Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

3 minutes ago, danknapp said:

How about this one...I just got a random text with a code but nothing else.  No other email...no other text...

Any idea if I can just go to ticketmater or axs at 10 and use this code??? I'm currently on hold with customer support but have to get off the phone soon to drive my daughter to school...

Hmmmm.....I wonder if I only go the code text because I live in Atlanta which is being serviced by AXS and NOT ticketmaster....Is anyone else on here in the Atlanta area???

Just now, grubes1322 said:

Link and code just arrived via text.

Wow, me too.  Nothing until this, but thankfully the code just arrived.

7 minutes ago, gadget44 said:

I await your PM sir.

Soo I never get their emails - I did get a text just now....but what if I was supposed to get the mistake email - and didn't, but now am out of the whole process but don't even know it because of no emails? 

i am thinking I am okay tho because I got a text with link? Thanks so much for all your help mods!!! You guys rock.

3 minutes ago, Pichette88 said:

I never received an email last night but just received the text message with the presale code.  

Me too

5 minutes ago, danknapp said:

Hmmmm.....I wonder if I only go the code text because I live in Atlanta which is being serviced by AXS and NOT ticketmaster....Is anyone else on here in the Atlanta area???

I am and I got both texts.

18 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

You need to contact Customer Support services to check your account - have on hand all the relevant emails that prove you have resubscribed in time...

I don't have all emails from the past 10 years. 

9 minutes ago, danknapp said:

Update...in case anyone else is indeed in the same boat as me...I just reached phone support and was told:

1) The code I received is indeed my code

2) If you live in a market serviced by AXS...you should NOT expect to receive a 2nd text...ONLY the one with the code.

Crossing my fingers now!!!!  :)

Is there a reason that the only way to get to the Uniondale show is via the U2 tour page link? It's not showing up on the TM link that was texted out or if I go straight through TM? 

Just now, JohnPatrick4 said:

I don't have all emails from the past 10 years. 

How do I contact customer service?  Is it Live Nation? I only find generic email.

4 minutes ago, danknapp said:

Update...in case anyone else is indeed in the same boat as me...I just reached phone support and was told:

1) The code I received is indeed my code

2) If you live in a market serviced by AXS...you should NOT expect to receive a 2nd text...ONLY the one with the code.

Crossing my fingers now!!!!  :)

Thanks for that info. I'm in Atlanta, too... but I'm in the innocence group. Good luck today. keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow...

• Like 1

Hey, everyone,

Longtime fan, first time posting on the forums because of this odd new system...

Just got the text messages. Followed the link, but... there's no wait room this time around? It just takes me to the Ticketmaster U2 page, with nothing to click on to access any kind of wait room or whatever. Will that only open at 10am EST?

Thanks!

AS

41 minutes ago, jfp612 said:

Your post should be posted on the front page of U2.com. Is there another band that treats their fans so contemptibly?

"Many people who joined U2.com and didn't get tickets are understandably angry. They now have the option to get a full refund of their subscription fee," 

- Larry Mullen in 2005 for the Vertigo tour. I hope the same holds true twelve years later.

I'm eagerly awaiting another non-apology apology from Mr. Mullen.

Knock it off and pay attention when you buy something, dude! Neither the band nor U2.com have EVER promised that subscription would guarantee tickets. Your subscription provides you the opportunity to TRY for tickets ahead of the general public. Period. Always been the case, always been transparent. I had one tour where I had to get my tickets from the general sale because of the type of ticket I needed. So what.

If this can help anybody - I still didn't receive the text message with link and presale code, but just now I receive this mail from Ticketmaster:

"Today, we tried to send your access code to the mobile number provided during Verified Fan registration, and we ran into a text delivery issue. This may happen if the number was incorrectly entered or there is a block from your carrier service. To ensure you receive your access code before tickets are available, we’ve distributed your code below, along with a reminder of how to prep for your purchase.

Begin your ticket search on: http://***********

Use ACCESS CODE: ***********"

I don't know what was the problem with my phone - it is correctly entered, but it seems that the sistem is working and instead SMS I received my link and code by mail.

Edited by perymason

I'm starting to get nervous.  I received the email last night saying I'm in but haven't received my code by either text or email...

Just now, Tracy M said:

Knock it off and pay attention when you buy something, dude! Neither the band nor U2.com have EVER promised that subscription would guarantee tickets. Your subscription provides you the opportunity to TRY for tickets ahead of the general public. Period. Always been the case, always been transparent. I had one tour where I had to get my tickets from the general sale because of the type of ticket I needed. So what.

Are you serious? Can you pay attention to what has been posted on this board?

"Your subscription provides you the opportunity to TRY for tickets ahead of the general public."

I'm not even getting a chance to TRY for tickets because U2/TM screwed up. Do the capital letters help you comprehend?

I followed all the steps for presale access. According to Customer Service at the fan club my account is "Up to date and correct." However, I received the second email telling me I don't have access to presale tickets after the first email stated I did.

8 hours ago, bgans said:

Where are you seeing the current floorplan? The one Ticketmaster is showing for MSG & the United Center is the one from i&E, the one they have for Uniondale looks even older than that.

the floor plan for the Tulsa gig

14 minutes ago, perymason said:

If this can help anybody - I still didn't receive the text message with link and presale code, but just now I receive this mail from Ticketmaster:

"Today, we tried to send your access code to the mobile number provided during Verified Fan registration, and we ran into a text delivery issue. This may happen if the number was incorrectly entered or there is a block from your carrier service. To ensure you receive your access code before tickets are available, we’ve distributed your code below, along with a reminder of how to prep for your purchase.

Begin your ticket search on: http://***********

Use ACCESS CODE: ***********"

I don't know what was the problem with my phone - it is correctly entered, but it seems that the sistem is working and instead SMS I received my link and code by mail.

Yes, I just got the exact same email, guessing because mine is a UK number perhaps??

2 minutes ago, russpm said:

That's the floorplan from the i+E tour in 2015. Are they using the same setup for this tour?

2 minutes ago, russpm said:

That's the floorplan from the i+E tour in 2015. Are they using the same setup for this tour?

4 minutes ago, bgans said:

From memory, there was only one red zone area on I&E, there are two RZ areas on this.

I just found the "correction" email in my junk mail.  I'm not going to go for the subscription refund, but as a fan club member for I don't even know how many years I think it's pretty crappy that I don't even get a chance to purchase tickets.  I'm not asking for a guarantee, but at least the opportunity.  And what's the deal with the incorrectly sent emails and retractions? Bad form U2.