Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

I got the email with the retraction. I had no idea I would be waking up to that this morning! When I went to bed, I was verified and thought it was all good.

3 minutes ago, russpm said:

From memory, there was only one red zone area on I&E, there are two RZ areas on this.

Cool! I liked that set up!

Hate to ask (as I am getting a bit nervous now codes are getting out). Any news or update on the issues with the retraction email??

Edited by MarcelS

13 minutes ago, russpm said:

Yes, I just got the exact same email, guessing because mine is a UK number perhaps??

Mine is Bulgarian. I don't know if this is the reason.

Any news on the corrected email issue? I haven't heard anything back and am starting to really worry about the Vegas on sale.

Got my pre-sale code for experience group about 7:46 AM EST (GMT -5). So far so good, keeping my fingers crossed no glitches on TM.

Just now, jamesb said:

Any news on the corrected email issue? I haven't heard anything back and am starting to really worry about the Vegas on sale.

+1

...still no email.

6 minutes ago, paulcerqua said:

@lizzykatz @toyoracer  If you haven't already, read the recommended post pinned to the top of this page that gives instructions on what to send the mods regarding the rejection e-mails.  There still may be hope!

done... but I'm guessing for every person posting here with this problem there are 50 who are reading and aren't posting but ARE PMing... so just given the sheer volume in poor Max's box, I am doubtful he will get to mine.

BTW phone line at u2.com is now down.  have not been able to get through in 20 minutes.  Just getting an 'off the hook' sound.

37 minutes ago, gpmalecki said:

Thanks for that info. I'm in Atlanta, too... but I'm in the innocence group. Good luck today. keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow...

Thanks!  You too!  =)

Went to bed last night happy that I received the confirmation e-mail stating that I will have access to the presale only to wake up this morning to in updated e-mail saying that the 1st e-mail was sent in error and that even though I'm a paid up subscriber and a Verified access subscriber, I will nit have access to the presale and if, I'm not happy I can get my subscription refunded. WTF??? I live in Montreal and never had to deal with Ticketmaster for previous concerts. This is the first time and so far...it is the nightmare I have always read about. I have sent off PMs to Bigwave and Max for help. At this point, I'm lost, I don't know what else to do. 

2 minutes ago, gadget44 said:

done... but I'm guessing for every person posting here with this problem there are 50 who are reading and aren't posting but ARE PMing... so just given the sheer volume in poor Max's box, I am doubtful he will get to mine.

same

7 minutes ago, u2sharona said:

BTW phone line at u2.com is now down.  have not been able to get through in 20 minutes.  Just getting an 'off the hook' sound.

Keep trying. It took me over an hour but I got through (and am now on hold).

1 minute ago, DiscreetMusic said:

Keep trying. It took me over an hour but I got through (and am now on hold).

Guys, i called U2.com this morning. They say its out of their hands.

dont waste your time. Pm the mods.

Someone just posted this on U2start....Don't know how true this is but....

"I just got off the phone with the U2.com customer service. I can't believe this is actually true but apparently they did in fact use the BS verified fan lottery for presale tickets for fan club members. Those of us who first got the email saying you were getting a presale code and then later got the email saying they made a mistake and you're not getting a code - we are in fact shut out of the presale and will not be getting a code. The verified fan thing means that there's some arbitrary method by which you're picked - or not - to get presale access this time for this tour. So, we're not getting presale access at all. It's over."

1 minute ago, Jaimearodriguez86 said:

Exactly, Ticketmaster is in control....and that is the problem

1 minute ago, Jaimearodriguez86 said:

I have done. I've also DMd TM and U2.com. But might as well keep reminding them how extensive this problem is.

I am not seeing anything there about no e mail at all. I see verification threads, retraction threads etc.. but no discussion on no e mail at all. All was in good shape last week with set up complete and e mail status verified. The next question is do I just just move on and "register" for the Citi Bank sale on Thursday and / or the general public sale on Monday. However, not sure if will set off alarms that I may be a scalper trying to get my hands on as many tickets as possible. Any thoughts mods? Thanks

3 minutes ago, Bclar316 said:

Someone just posted this on U2start....Don't know how true this is but....

"I just got off the phone with the U2.com customer service. I can't believe this is actually true but apparently they did in fact use the BS verified fan lottery for presale tickets for fan club members. Those of us who first got the email saying you were getting a presale code and then later got the email saying they made a mistake and you're not getting a code - we are in fact shut out of the presale and will not be getting a code. The verified fan thing means that there's some arbitrary method by which you're picked - or not - to get presale access this time for this tour. So, we're not getting presale access at all. It's over."

If this is the case, goodbye to U2.com. I have been a fan since the early 80s and have spent $1000's on them. This is absolutely not acceptable.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, jamesb said:

If this is the case, goodbye to U2.com. I have been a fan since the early 80s and have spent $1000's on them. This is absolutely not acceptable.

Exactly, I know getting a code doesn't guarantee you tickets.  But long term fans should have at least gotten a code.  This is all Ticketmaster.  Now wait later today and look on Stub Hub and I guarantee you will see hundred of tickets for sale.  Complete scam!!!

19 minutes ago, gadget44 said:

Same here.  Big wave, please help!  

50 minutes ago, perymason said:

If this can help anybody - I still didn't receive the text message with link and presale code, but just now I receive this mail from Ticketmaster:

"Today, we tried to send your access code to the mobile number provided during Verified Fan registration, and we ran into a text delivery issue. This may happen if the number was incorrectly entered or there is a block from your carrier service. To ensure you receive your access code before tickets are available, we’ve distributed your code below, along with a reminder of how to prep for your purchase.

Begin your ticket search on: http://***********

Use ACCESS CODE: ***********"

I don't know what was the problem with my phone - it is correctly entered, but it seems that the sistem is working and instead SMS I received my link and code by mail.

Almost one hour later I received the link and the code also by SMS.