Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

I have been on the 'bad' receiving end of the random Verified Fan thing before for other non-U2 shows.  You get a message saying that you've been verified, but it's stated very clearly that of the verified fans, random ones will be selected for codes.

In the case we've been dealing with today, it seems different -- is there anyone who got the rejection mail who DIDN'T order Joshua Tree tickets with a code?  All my friends who ordered JT tickets got the rejection mail and all who didn't got codes.

- Paul

I have now received the text, I received the email first so I have both.

really hope this all works out for everyone.....good luck.

1 minute ago, paulcerqua said:

In the case we've been dealing with today, it seems different -- is there anyone who got the rejection mail who DIDN'T order Joshua Tree tickets with a code?  All my friends who ordered JT tickets got the rejection mail and all who didn't got codes.

I did not.  I have been a member for years...still got the rejection email...

1 minute ago, Joe_N said:

I did not.  I have been a member for years...still got the rejection email...

Thanks, Joe.  Must just be coincidence among my acquaintances then...

12 minutes ago, Bclar316 said:

Someone just posted this on U2start....Don't know how true this is but....

"I just got off the phone with the U2.com customer service. I can't believe this is actually true but apparently they did in fact use the BS verified fan lottery for presale tickets for fan club members. Those of us who first got the email saying you were getting a presale code and then later got the email saying they made a mistake and you're not getting a code - we are in fact shut out of the presale and will not be getting a code. The verified fan thing means that there's some arbitrary method by which you're picked - or not - to get presale access this time for this tour. So, we're not getting presale access at all. It's over."

This post at u2start was actually taken from another thread here at zootopia that also reports on this unfortunate issue: 

http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/37467-anyone-receive-the-email-today/?page=5

4 minutes ago, mariana_rielli said:

I'm in innocence and got no email at all. That means i'm already out, right?

No. Those of us in innocence group aren't supposed to receive e-mail until tonight. Hopefully because we're 2nd day news, we won't have a harder time than some of those getting shut out today...

All eXPERIENCE fans should have a code and early entry. I hope they get this fixed or the PR is going to be like 2005.

7 minutes ago, mariana_rielli said:

innocence email will be sent later...

Just in case... here it goes again:

*****UPDATED*****

Anyone who received the "NOT ELIGIBLE" email please send this information via PM to the Moderation team:

Name (as registered and it appears in your profile)

Display Name (as it appears in your profile)

Login Name (as it appears in your profile)

Presale Group

When did you resubscribe? (Did you resubscribe recently for this presale and did all the verification process? or Did you resubscribe earlier, did all the verification process and got the green VERIFIED box?)

Date for the end of your subscription cycle

Please also send your Order #

thanks

DO NOT PUBLISH THIS INFORMATION HERE IN THE THREAD - SEND IT VIA PM

Just now, gpmalecki said:

Hi, B!gGIRL!

Fancy meeting you here...  :)

wish it would be under different circumstances though...

15 minutes ago, Bclar316 said:

Someone just posted this on U2start....Don't know how true this is but....

"I just got off the phone with the U2.com customer service. I can't believe this is actually true but apparently they did in fact use the BS verified fan lottery for presale tickets for fan club members. Those of us who first got the email saying you were getting a presale code and then later got the email saying they made a mistake and you're not getting a code - we are in fact shut out of the presale and will not be getting a code. The verified fan thing means that there's some arbitrary method by which you're picked - or not - to get presale access this time for this tour. So, we're not getting presale access at all. It's over."

This is unacceptable.  So does this mean that experience members could be shut out, while innocence members will get a presale code tomorrow?  

9 minutes ago, mariana_rielli said:

No. Your presale is tomorrow. Codes of innocence go out tomorrow, not today.

1 minute ago, gpmalecki said:

No. Those of us in innocence group aren't supposed to receive e-mail until tonight. Hopefully because we're 2nd day news, we won't have a harder time than some of those getting shut out today...

Ah ok

I thought emails would be sent at the same time for both groups and then codes a few hours before sales. But considering how unlucky I am I'll start preparing psychologically 

2 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

Just in case... here it goes again:

*****UPDATED*****

Anyone who received the "NOT ELIGIBLE" email please send this information via PM to the Moderation team:

Name (as registered and it appears in your profile)

Display Name (as it appears in your profile)

Login Name (as it appears in your profile)

Presale Group

When did you resubscribe? (Did you resubscribe recently for this presale and did all the verification process? or Did you resubscribe earlier, did all the verification process and got the green VERIFIED box?)

Date for the end of your subscription cycle

Please also send your Order #

thanks

DO NOT PUBLISH THIS INFORMATION HERE IN THE THREAD - SEND IT VIA PM

Sent my details ages ago. Still waiting for the rectification and my code ?

Just now, Pichette88 said:

This is unacceptable.  So does this mean that experience members could be shut out, while innocence members will get a presale code tomorrow?  

yes. and it sounds like innocence members could be shut out also. no paid subscriber should be left out. At very least, they should have guaranteed all subscribers a code, but not guarantee tickets. People still get left out at the end of day, but at least everyone gets an opportunity at tickets! 

12 minutes ago, mariana_rielli said:

No, You should get email tonight

1 minute ago, grubes1322 said:

No. Your presale is tomorrow. Codes of innocence go out tomorrow, not today.

I know my presale is tomorrow, i was just under the impression that the verification emails that you guys are having trouble with would be sent at the same time. But I get It now, thank you. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know the email address on the notifications. I'm concerned that my notification may be in my spam folder but I'm not finding it yet and would like to search by the email address. Thanks!

1 minute ago, mariana_rielli said:

I know my presale is tomorrow, i was just under the impression that the verification emails that you guys are having trouble with would be sent at the same time. But I get It now, thank you. 

Honestly who knows.  I was received a "congrats" email and went to bed happy and then woke up and saw "We screwed up but your not getting a code" email.  I hope it works out for you.  

1 minute ago, wgerken said:

Does anyone know the email address on the notifications. I'm concerned that my notification may be in my spam folder but I'm not finding it yet and would like to search by the email address. Thanks!

the sender of the email I received last night was U2@U2.com

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gpmalecki said:

no paid subscriber should be left out. At very least, they should have guaranteed all subscribers a code, but not guarantee tickets. People still get left out at the end of day, but at least everyone gets an opportunity at tickets! 

Absolutely right.  I don't care what the disclaimer says.  If you're a paid member you should get a code, period.

Just now, Pichette88 said:

Absolutely right.  I don't care what the disclaimer says.  If you're a paid member you should get a code, period.

Exactly! And what is the point of this lottery anyway?

3 minutes ago, edgebenson said:

Honestly who knows.  I was received a "congrats" email and went to bed happy and then woke up and saw "We screwed up but your not getting a code" email.  I hope it works out for you.  

Yeah, I'm keeping expectations low. My biggest mistake was actually buying non-refundable plane tickets from Brazil without any guarantee that I'll have tickets ? (nervous laughter)