Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

8 minutes ago, mariana_rielli said:

Yeah, I'm keeping expectations low. My biggest mistake was actually buying non-refundable plane tickets from Brazil without any guarantee that I'll have tickets ? (nervous laughter)

You'll be able to get tickets. What it's going to cost is the question. 

Just now, jfp612 said:

You'll be able to get tickets. What it's going to cost is the question. 

Also...while nothing is guaranteed until official...I'd be pretty surprised if most...if not ALL...of the announced tour stops get at least one more show.  Point being we may very well get more cracks at this even if round one goes completely awry.

Bullshit system.  Paid fan club member since Propaganda days.  Got the code retraction email.  Submitted my details to mods and the message hasnt even been read yet

Can someone please tell me how to PM the moderators? What do I put in the 'To' field of the PM?
(The pinned post to those who got that 'retraction' email today doesn't say HOW to PM the moderators.)

Thanks for your help!!

Just got off the phone with u2dotcom customer service. For those of us that received an e-mail saying we were going to have access to pre-sale, and then another message about half an hour later saying we weren't, and it was an error.  U2dotcom customer services is saying 'it really was an error'.  Access to today's presale was like a lottery, not everyone got selected.  So, I'm super pissed at the moment.......

• Like 1

My Account page states:

Verified Subscribers will receive a text by 5am PT the morning of the presale start. Your text will include a link to purchase along with your unique presale access code to unlock access to tickets before the presale begins.

Doesn't say anything about lottery or not being selected or ineligible. Hence this is a violation of the terms.

4 minutes ago, danknapp said:

Also...while nothing is guaranteed until official...I'd be pretty surprised if most...if not ALL...of the announced tour stops get at least one more show.  Point being we may very well get more cracks at this even if round one goes completely awry.

Agreed about the additional dates. But doesn't excuse the mess. Feels like 2005 all over again. Anybody knows Larry's phone number?

• Like 3

Why is there a lottery? Why shouldn't every fan club member get a chance to buy tickets before the public?

I can't even describe how hard this sucks. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mariana_rielli said:

Yeah, I'm keeping expectations low. My biggest mistake was actually buying non-refundable plane tickets from Brazil without any guarantee that I'll have tickets ? (nervous laughter)

one way or another, you'll find tickets. i've been going to out of town shows since the original joshua tree tour with no tickets and have always found another fan with an extra ticket! keep the faith!

2 minutes ago, Alone said:

My Account page states:

Doesn't say anything about lottery or not being selected or ineligible. Hence this is a violation of the terms.

Agreed about the additional dates. But doesn't excuse the mess. Feels like 2005 all over again. Anybody knows Larry's phone number?

"Anybody knows Larry's phone number?"

Bingo! I'm not the only one who remembers.

Edited by jfp612

39 minutes ago, paulcerqua said:

I have been on the 'bad' receiving end of the random Verified Fan thing before for other non-U2 shows.  You get a message saying that you've been verified, but it's stated very clearly that of the verified fans, random ones will be selected for codes.

In the case we've been dealing with today, it seems different -- is there anyone who got the rejection mail who DIDN'T order Joshua Tree tickets with a code?  All my friends who ordered JT tickets got the rejection mail and all who didn't got codes.

- Paul

I got Joshua Tree tickets with a code and got a code for this morning. BUT I didn't use all of my JT code - I only bought 3 tickets.

6 hours ago, miecha said:

I am in that boat (or sinking ship, really, I guess), I submitted a help request. Other than that, I don't know what to do. 

6 hours ago, Vanessa_16 said:
  31 minutes ago, merduzza said:

Has anyone just received no email confirmation at all?  I just checked my email inbox (and the spam folder, just in case) but I have nothing there.  Should I PM my info?

Same here, I haven't gotten an email either. I'm in Canada and use a hotmail email account.... I wonder if there is a pattern.

I have not received an email, nor has a friend of mine. Can someone advise what we should do? We are in Innocence.

1 minute ago, Alone said:

My Account page states:

I also got the 'lottery' line. But if it's a question of restricting supply, why aren't they making sure the Experience group is taken care of first? I'm really upset about the presale, but am more worried now that TM thinks there's something suspicious about my account and I won't get general onsale access. I've tried to be open-minded and optimistic about the Verified Fan process as I've had it work well with other bands before... but this is nonsense.

43 minutes ago, paulcerqua said:

I have been on the 'bad' receiving end of the random Verified Fan thing before for other non-U2 shows.  You get a message saying that you've been verified, but it's stated very clearly that of the verified fans, random ones will be selected for codes.

In the case we've been dealing with today, it seems different -- is there anyone who got the rejection mail who DIDN'T order Joshua Tree tickets with a code?  All my friends who ordered JT tickets got the rejection mail and all who didn't got codes.

- Paul

I ordered JT tix and was rejected too.  This sucks!!

6 minutes ago, crowkb said:

Why is there a lottery? Why shouldn't every fan club member get a chance to buy tickets before the public?

I can't even describe how hard this sucks. 

Agreed. The lottery is total HORSESHIT

3 minutes ago, DiscreetMusic said:

I also got the 'lottery' line. But if it's a question of restricting supply, why aren't they making sure the Experience group is taken care of first? I'm really upset about the presale, but am more worried now that TM thinks there's something suspicious about my account and I won't get general onsale access. I've tried to be open-minded and optimistic about the Verified Fan process as I've had it work well with other bands before... but this is nonsense.

If it truly is a lotto now for the pre-sale what complete and utter bs.

When Springsteen did a lottery for his broadway show all people had to do was sign up and hope to receive a code and an opportunity, They certainly didn't have to pay $40-50 for it..... is this really happening??

7 minutes ago, lisaarzt said:

I have not received an email, nor has a friend of mine. Can someone advise what we should do? We are in Innocence.

INNOCENCE WILL NOT RECEIVE E-MAIL UNTIL TONIGHT.

Got no txt msg and no mail with the code.

Being a long time paying member this sucks big time though it was more a test for me as I was expecting this mess after the Springsteen Broadway joke.

Looking forward to the pre sale for Europe. Let's hope they are using this system there too. It is working so well and fair.

What the f*** is the problem providing the code under the account information.

Congrats for this rip off.

it wasn't a lottery..  Ticketmaster's ridiculous algorithm blacklisted you.  if you didn't get an experience code, which is supposed to be guaranteed (unless you're deemed a scalper), guaranteed you're blacklisted for the Citi and general sales too.  well done U2 and Ticketmaster.  hopefully they play in front of half empty arenas.

Just now, lisaarzt said:

When Springsteen did a lottery for his broadway show all people had to do was sign up and hope to receive a code and an opportunity, They certainly didn't have to pay $40-50 for it..... is this really happening??

THIS! I got screwed in the Verified Fan lottery for both Springsteen on Broadway and for the Harry Potter Play. I have been asking over and over about a lottery for codes for this pre-sale and never had that question answered. I suspect they knew the answer days ago but didn't want the fallout that far in advance.

Dear Guy O,

You've misread the tea leaves if you think paid legacy members will quietly accept being tossed into a lottery. You've misread the tea leaves if you think legacy members in the experience group can be shut out of the pre-sale while the innocence group gets their codes. Does the band know you and your LiveNation cronies are pulling this lottery stunt? You sir, have misread the tea leaves.

Edited by habitmade

1 minute ago, habitmade said:

Dear Guy O,

You misread the tea leaves if you think paid legacy members will quietly accept being tossed into a lottery. You've misread the tea leaves if you think legacy members in the experience group can be shut out of the pre-sale while the innocence group gets their codes. Does the band know you and your LiveNation cronies are pulling this lottery stunt? You sir, have misread the tea leaves.

"Does the band know you and your LiveNation cronies are pulling this lottery stunt?"

Yeah U2 is all over it. Lots of help on Twitter.

Oh wait. I'm sorry. It's the fan sites that are helping.

7 minutes ago, rjfru28r said:

it wasn't a lottery..  Ticketmaster's ridiculous algorithm blacklisted you.  if you didn't get an experience code, which is supposed to be guaranteed (unless you're deemed a scalper), guaranteed you're blacklisted for the Citi and general sales too.  well done U2 and Ticketmaster.  hopefully they play in front of half empty arenas.

Except real scalpers will still get tickets and resell to us losers. So won't be half empty arenas.

8 minutes ago, gpmalecki said:

INNOCENCE WILL NOT RECEIVE E-MAIL UNTIL TONIGHT.

thank you - that isn't clear from the instructions on the website, which seem to indicate that anyone who is verified would have received the email already 

<< Once Verified, we'll send more details the evening of November 13, 2017 with updates and tips to prep for the Verified Subscriber Presale. >>