Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

4 minutes ago, habitmade said:

Dear Guy O,

You misread the tea leaves if you think paid legacy members will quietly accept being tossed into a lottery. You've misread the tea leaves if you think legacy members in the experience group can be shut out of the pre-sale while the innocence group gets their codes. Does the band know you and your LiveNation cronies are pulling this lottery stunt? You sir, have misread the tea leaves.

I agree, until the point where you start going all elitist. No paid member should be left behind. My subscription had less than a week lapse so I got tossed into innocence. Your money ain't no greener. All subscribers should receive codes. What makes you more of a legacy member? Because you haven't had a lapse. Don't be an elitist prick because Ticketmaster and Live nation did you wrong...  

WOW. THIS IS ALL UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!  FAN CLUB MEMBER FOR 29 YEARS AND THIS IS WHAT I GET?????

• Upvote 1

I think this was a big old misunderstanding between U2.com/Fan Fire and TM. I honestly think that whoever wrote the language about the presale code for subscribers thought it meant that every subscriber got a code. It doesn’t sound like that’s what TM did.

There are going to be a lot of refunds being issued I think.

At least the general registration is still open. If anyone reading this for screwed, I would immediately use a different email address and signup for the general sale next week.

Hey All - For me as usual this was smooth and painless - Logged in, Got 2 GA for Uniondale, NY is about 5 seconds! Thanks as always U2.com. Pleasure to have been a subscriber since 2000! Never saw them in my home of Long Ilsand - Small Venue will be amazing!

Fan since 1983. At 9:45 last night I received an email saying You Have Been Selected For Verified Subscriber Presale Ticket Access

Two hours later, I received:

Dear U2.com Subscriber,

Thank you for registering for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale. Unfortunately, we mistakenly sent you a confirmation email earlier tonight. Contrary to the email you were sent earlier, we are unable to offer you access to the presale.

What a disgrace

Edited by Dave Ketchen

2 minutes ago, n75nva said:

evenko still says "On Sale soon" Where do I enter my code?? HELP!!!

PM this person therionvox above...they got tickets through evenko and may be able to help you.

OK. After a minute or two of not being able to get to the Nassau Coliseum sale, I was able to get 2 of the 3 GA tickets I need. Now I have to hope for one more at the Citi sale or the general sale.

Good luck to everyone!!!!

49 minutes ago, gpmalecki said:

:unsure:

Successfully got two GAs for Atlanta but feel genuinely terrible for everyone who got shut out.  I certainly hope they get this fixed before day 2 of the presale and/or any added shows.

Once you enter all of the information and click purchase it will ask you for a password, this is where you put in your code.

2 minutes ago, n75nva said:

evenko still says "On Sale soon" Where do I enter my code?? HELP!!!

You have to go to .com, tour dates, buy tickets for the city your want, you'll then enter the waiting room

If registering for the U2.com, Citi and public presale was going to cause a problem, a simple sentence warning people NOT to do this would have been a good call. Goes to show you there was confusion at a very high level here.

After extreme stress with TM site- went on TM mobile app and was able to get 2 GA to Boston with my code. They have some real kinks to work out with this!!!

5 minutes ago, grubes1322 said:

I think this was a big old misunderstanding between U2.com/Fan Fire and TM. I honestly think that whoever wrote the language about the presale code for subscribers thought it meant that every subscriber got a code. It doesn’t sound like that’s what TM did.

There are going to be a lot of refunds being issued I think.

At least the general registration is still open. If anyone reading this for screwed, I would immediately use a different email address and signup for the general sale next week.

Except the general onsale is Verified Fan as well. I don't have a burner phone to give them a different number to send the code. I can't be the only one who doesn't carry multiple phones with them?

1 minute ago, nitz1 said:

Hey All - For me as usual this was smooth and painless - Logged in, Got 2 GA for Uniondale, NY is about 5 seconds! Thanks as always U2.com. Pleasure to have been a subscriber since 2000! Never saw them in my home of Long Ilsand - Small Venue will be amazing!

Looking forward to going back to Nassau Coliseum. I saw them there with my sister on the Joshua Tree tour in 1987 (we grew up in Oceanside). I haven't been to a concert there since. I usually go to MSG or NJ (I now live in the City). This date worked better for us than either MSG or the Pru, so I'm going back to my roots. See you there!!

What a sham. Although I’m part of tomorrow’s group, I find it troubling that Ticketmaster has tricked us into accepting another layer to the ticketing system that only serves to finacially benefit them. 

Did they make sure to not use the word “lottery” from the beginning to see how many people will just bend over and not cancel their subscription because of this? Are we just now seen as guinea pigs to test what they hope will be the future of every ticket sale for every band? 

The more I think of this the more I also find it sad that the band either weren’t aware of this or let it happen.

On 11/1/2017 at 2:41 PM, wenmir said:

having the same 'On Sale Soon' issue ... can't get to buy tickets!!!

1 minute ago, bgans said:

OK. After a minute or two of not being able to get to the Nassau Coliseum sale, I was able to get 2 of the 3 GA tickets I need. Now I have to hope for one more at the Citi sale or the general sale.

Good luck to everyone!!!!

Yeah! It will be amazing in the old Barn!

Just now, bgans said:

Looking forward to going back to Nassau Coliseum. I saw them there with my sister on the Joshua Tree tour in 1987 (we grew up in Oceanside). I haven't been to a concert there since. I usually go to MSG or NJ (I now live in the City). This date worked better for us than either MSG or the Pru, so I'm going back to my roots. See you there!!

Just saw Paul McCartney and Roger Waters there - the reno is great! Nice and small - I usually am an MSG or out of town concert traveler - this will be special!

• Like 1

If this presale code thing is a lottery than rethink the verified fan process. I bet a big number of european subscribers made their set up complete just to be safe. They did so because clear instructions about who should/shouldn’t do so were not given. 

So it might very well be that if you want N-American tickets didn’t get lucky in getting a presalecode while a european subscriber was given a presale code but was never intending to use it. 

(It’s hypothetical but might be true if so... it’s not fair)

SO SHOULD I JUST GIVE UP ON THE PRESALE ALTOGETHER??? I AM SOOOO PISSED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, paulotex said:

You have to go to .com, tour dates, buy tickets for the city your want, you'll then enter the waiting room

I did that. It still says on sale soon when directed to evenko. I'm on everything. Webpage, app, the link they sent. I'm freaking out! This happened last time too.

1 minute ago, n75nva said:

I did that. It still says on sale soon when directed to evenko. I'm on everything. Webpage, app, the link they sent. I'm freaking out! This happened last time too.

clear cache and cookies on device possibly?