Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

I would have been okay with a lottery if they were up front about it, and treated the lottery like they're treating the general sale - you sign up for the shows you want and may/may not get a code for any or all of them. I'm not okay with muddling words around and treating it like everyone who jumped through the (expensive for some people) hoops would get a crack at presale.

Edited by abluerwhite
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, lisaarzt said:

When Springsteen did a lottery for his broadway show all people had to do was sign up and hope to receive a code and an opportunity, They certainly didn't have to pay $40-50 for it..... is this really happening??

Yeah, but you get 4 records.  And download links for new songs so you don't have to listen to them on youtube for free.  And access to subscriber only message boards.  And a cool U2.com user name identity.  Quit your whining.

Ugggh.... I secured the tickets I wanted but having issues with ticketmaster... I have all my credit card info saved but it doesn't seem to be letting me enter or choose it....

Problem.thumb.jpg.af57796be3077f2534ca986c78116594.jpg

After a lot of hyperventilating and trying different things I was able to get tix.   Took three different browsers to finally take though.

Edited by Jorstin

2 minutes ago, rvh95 said:

Yeah, but you get 4 records.  And download links for new songs so you don't have to listen to them on youtube for free.  And access to subscriber only message boards.  And a cool U2.com user name identity.  Quit your whining.

IF you get tickets...  I'm saying we are paying $40-50 to TRY to buy tickets. Come on. You know what's going on today. No need to chastise me or anyone. 

Edited by lisaarzt
add more comment
  • Like 1

Logged on TM site just before 10 am.  Used code to unlock presale and bought two tickets to MSG show.  Smooth process.

Crazy!! Why doesn't it take you to the buy tickets link? Only shows 'On Sale Soon' still ... even when i try the link that was sent

6 minutes ago, mojo3600 said:

having the same 'On Sale Soon' issue ... can't get to buy tickets!!!

Have you tried the TM app?? Someone had success with that.

Just hung up with U2.com Help line supervisor: "The Verified Fan process is only for a *chance* to be selected for presale code. Not guaranteed....Yes, this is official position U2com...Language in the FAQs says 'invite,' meaning no guarantee." Kept offering me a refund of my membership as if that would compoensate for this cluster-you-know-what. 

Cannot express how disappointed I am with U2.com. (Always disappointed with TicketMonster, so that hasn't changed.) 

1 minute ago, malaboo said:

Have you tried the TM app?? Someone had success with that.

I've tried everything! Cleared the cash off everything. On the app. On the website. On the link they sent. WHY WON'T THIS WORK?!

Great for all of those that had the 'smooth process'. Please don't rub it in for those of us that got SCREWED!!!!

1 minute ago, gpmalecki said:

I agree, until the point where you start going all elitist. No paid member should be left behind. My subscription had less than a week lapse so I got tossed into innocence. Your money ain't no greener. All subscribers should receive codes. What makes you more of a legacy member? Because you haven't had a lapse. Don't be an elitist prick because Ticketmaster and Live nation did you wrong...  

That's cool, you can name call me an elitist prick if that makes you feel better but the truth is U2 established the hierarchy by segregating members into two distinct groups and are now disregarding any such hierarchy, or, the lottery disregards the hierarchy. Personally, I would have been happy to have all paid members in one group irregardless of how long they've been around. Sure, you are every bit the same legacy member and you still have a strong shot at receiving your innocence code. Experience members are done and dusted for this go-round.

12 minutes ago, danknapp said:

Successfully got two GAs for Atlanta but feel genuinely terrible for everyone who got shut out.  I certainly hope they get this fixed before day 2 of the presale and/or any added shows.

Congrats! Hope to join you there. I hope they get it fixed for tomorrow.

Did you go in through u2.com ticket link?

• Like 1

So what I really dont understand is that long term members can get drawn out for presale, and people who register 2 days ago will get presales codes. So thats how scalpers are gonna get rich..... leaving the hard-core long term fans without ticket access.

8 minutes ago, Jorstin said:

Ugggh.... I secured the tickets I wanted but having issues with ticketmaster... I have all my credit card info saved but it doesn't seem to be letting me enter or choose it....

Problem.thumb.jpg.af57796be3077f2534ca986c78116594.jpg

Look all the way down to accept or decline the ticket insurance?

For those who have purchased tickets this morning, can any of you debunk my theory that I've automatically blacklisted by the Ticketmaster Verified Fan algorithm?   Did anyone who received a code this morning purchase tickets to multiple dates in multiple cities during the last 2 tour(s).

17 minutes ago, nitz1 said:

Hey All - For me as usual this was smooth and painless - Logged in, Got 2 GA for Uniondale, NY is about 5 seconds! Thanks as always U2.com. Pleasure to have been a subscriber since 2000! Never saw them in my home of Long Ilsand - Small Venue will be amazing!

Congrats man! Hoping for the same tomorrow.  Curious, now that we have some info.  How much did the GA's come out to be this tour?  Is whatever link they send necessary, or can I simply just access Ticketmaster from my phone, desktop wherever and key in the code?..  Enjoy the show, I may try and make it across the Sound for that one also!

For Montreal, the SMS etxt link does not show Montreal.  Go through the link on the tour page of U2.com.  Enter all of the information.  I set up an evenko account ahead of time.   After you choose tickets it asks you for a password, this is where you out the code.

11 minutes ago, rvh95 said:

LOL I'm still waiting for my records . . . they ran out as luck would have it and have no idea if/when any more will be printed

Just now, rvh95 said:

For those who have purchased tickets this morning, can any of you debunk my theory that I've automatically blacklisted by the Ticketmaster Verified Fan algorithm?   Did anyone who received a code this morning purchase tickets to multiple dates in multiple cities during the last 2 tour(s).

No - I can't afford (the time or money) to follow the band. I usually go to one show per tour in or near my hometown. Sorry.

Just now, habitmade said:

That's cool, you can name call me an elitist prick if that makes you feel better but the truth is U2 established the hierarchy by segregating members into two distinct groups and are now disregarding any such hierarchy, or, the lottery disregards the hierarchy. Personally, I would have been happy to have all paid members in one group irregardless of how long they've been around. Sure, you are every bit the same legacy member and you still have a strong shot at receiving your innocence code. Experience members are done and dusted for this go-round.

Sorry. I apologize for the harshness. I think we're all edgy today. This whole system truly sucks. Deterring scalpers while taking tickets out of fan hands is totally counteractive. Especially when TM now basically has it's own legal scalping site.  I feel for everyone today... And I haven't even found out if I'll be in or out yet. Which creates even more stress. 

So, sorry for the attack.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, smsully said:

Congrats man! Hoping for the same tomorrow.  Curious, now that we have some info.  How much did the GA's come out to be this tour?  Is whatever link they send necessary, or can I simply just access Ticketmaster from my phone, desktop wherever and key in the code?..  Enjoy the show, I may try and make it across the Sound for that one also!

Mine (in Nassau Coliseum) worked out to $97.35 each, including taxes & fees, but not parking.

Edited by bgans

4 minutes ago, gpmalecki said:

Congrats! Hope to join you there. I hope they get it fixed for tomorrow.

Did you go in through u2.com ticket link?

Since it is not a ticketmaster venue, I went to axs.com and searched for U2.  The event in Gwinnett popped up and there was actually a "waiting room" you could go into that converted to the sale page promptly at 10.  This is my first experience with AXS for tickets, but far more impressed than I ever have been with Ticketmaster (not that that's saying much).