Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, VioletMoon said:

I'm sure the moderators are doing the best they can to help us 

I wonder what if anything can be done . . .  if TM has barred us???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, peterdiaz said:

For those who have bought GA - is it CC entry or paper tickets?

Paper

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, smsully said:

No substitute for GA, especially now back in venues...One more for ya, and I'm afraid I know the answer already.  Still no hard tickets for GA's correct?...still doing the CC verification like 2 yrs ago...no way of trading/swapping tix etc?......Thanks man.

No, I have paper GA tickets sitting on my printer right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, odqb14 said:

My message from hours ago hasnt even been read yet

how do you know that? curious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Janette B said:

I wonder what if anything can be done . . .  if TM has barred us???

That's what I'm afraid of... But why?!?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cstoney73 said:

great and there's 1000's of tickets on Stub Hub

Really??? I guess I shouldn't be surprised . . . this was a GREAT system for eliminating scalpers pffft

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for those still trying or trying later today. Do not use the link sent via text. Go to U2.com and use their link. Will save you some grief 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for those still trying or trying later today. Do not use the link sent via text. Go to U2.com and use their link. Will save you some grief 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, danknapp said:

Since it is not a ticketmaster venue, I went to axs.com and searched for U2.  The event in Gwinnett popped up and there was actually a "waiting room" you could go into that converted to the sale page promptly at 10.  This is my first experience with AXS for tickets, but far more impressed than I ever have been with Ticketmaster (not that that's saying much).

Hey, also... out of curiosity - through AXS, did it mention receiving copies of the CD for each ticket purchased and if you get a hard copy of ticket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VioletMoon said:

That's what I'm afraid of... But why?!?!?!

Exactly . . . . why are we barred but others aren't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bgans said:

Paper for Nassau Coliseum (which is a good thing, since I think my husband and I will be arriving separately).

I think it's illegal to do CC entry in NY (that's what others have posted) so they would have to be paper I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Janette B said:

Really??? I guess I shouldn't be surprised . . . this was a GREAT system for eliminating scalpers pffft

LOL. They've been listed for over a week already...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gpmalecki said:

So, your advice is to pull up the event through AXS, and then it links you to ticketmaster account, or do you need to register anything at AXS?

Out of curiosity, did you go through mobile app or on desktop/laptop?

 

Thanks for the info!

I would THINK it would work just fine through the U2.com...but I went directly through AXS so that's what I can vouch for.

It does NOT link to your ticketmaster account...you need to set up a new account just for AXS.  Now, unlike Ticketmaster, I could not find anywhere to pre-enter my payment information prior to making a purchase on AXS...so I would recommend having a credit card handy so you can enter the information quickly.  That's what i did and it worked fine.  It also gave my the option to save my CC info at that time - so hopefully that's a one time deal with AXS.

I used my laptop to make the purchase.  I was promptly emailed the tickets as a pdf for printing.  I DO also have the AXS app on my android phone - and the tickets complete with barcodes show up in the app as well.  If you're going to use mobile tickets - I DO recommend taking screen shots of the tickets and saving them on your device just in case you have a connectivity issue.

I'll probably bring the printed versions of the tickets though...probably the safest way to go! 

Good luck tomorrow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, u2rone said:

Great for all of those that had the 'smooth process'. Please don't rub it in for those of us that got SCREWED!!!!

I don't think it is intended to rub it in, just to let people know that it is actually working for some.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danknapp said:

I would THINK it would work just fine through the U2.com...but I went directly through AXS so that's what I can vouch for.

It does NOT link to your ticketmaster account...you need to set up a new account just for AXS.  Now, unlike Ticketmaster, I could not find anywhere to pre-enter my payment information prior to making a purchase on AXS...so I would recommend having a credit card handy so you can enter the information quickly.  That's what i did and it worked fine.  It also gave my the option to save my CC info at that time - so hopefully that's a one time deal with AXS.

I used my laptop to make the purchase.  I was promptly emailed the tickets as a pdf for printing.  I DO also have the AXS app on my android phone - and the tickets complete with barcodes show up in the app as well.  If you're going to use mobile tickets - I DO recommend taking screen shots of the tickets and saving them on your device just in case you have a connectivity issue.

I'll probably bring the printed versions of the tickets though...probably the safest way to go! 

Good luck tomorrow!

Thanks for all the details. Huge help! Much appreciated...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gpmalecki said:

Hey, also... out of curiosity - through AXS, did it mention receiving copies of the CD for each ticket purchased and if you get a hard copy of ticket?

If I recall the website said we will receive info about receiving a CD or download code when the album is released in a couple weeks.  It was somewhere either on the AXS site or the venue website.  I can try to find it, but you'll probably have as much luck with that as I would!  =P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gpmalecki said:

Thanks for all the details. Huge help! Much appreciated...

Happy to help!  Hope to see you in line in May!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well my show is just about to go on sale without me :(

So, what are my options at this point?

Try and do the Citibank thing . . . . 

Try and do the general sale . . . . .

We have to register and get verified for all that AGAIN??? Is there a point to that or are we really barred from TM as some have suggested?

Do I have to buy from a scalper????

I would like to hear something from someone here at u2.com about what we are supposed to do now

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2017 at 11:11 AM, peterdiaz said:

If a member registers as a Verified Fan but doesn't use their code, can it still be used for European shows?

 

(As an aside, it is a wonder how U2.com/Live Nation has access to the brightest minds in the industry yet they always seem to make presales complicated or cock it up somehow.)

I got all registered and my account updated in time. Got the email that I was all set. 

Then this came a couple of hours later. I'm kinda pissed. Anyone else get this message? 



Dear U2.com Subscriber,

Thank you for registering for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale. Unfortunately, we mistakenly sent you a confirmation email earlier tonight. Contrary to the email you were sent earlier, we are unable to offer you access to the presale. 

While presale access is only one benefit included with your U2.comsubscription, we recognize that it is important to many Subscribers. 

If you would like a refund of your subscription, please contact us using the Contact Us form on the Help page, and select 'Verified Subscriber Refund Request' from the dropdown menu.

We apologize for the confusion.
The U2.com Team 

#U2eiTour  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danknapp said:

If I recall the website said we will receive info about receiving a CD or download code when the album is released in a couple weeks.  It was somewhere either on the AXS site or the venue website.  I can try to find it, but you'll probably have as much luck with that as I would!  =P

Yeah, don't worry... I appreciate all your info as is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paulcerqua said:

@lizzykatz @toyoracer  If you haven't already, read the recommended post pinned to the top of this page that gives instructions on what to send the mods regarding the rejection e-mails.  There still may be hope!

Thanks!  I just did it - fingers crossed!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, danknapp said:

If I recall the website said we will receive info about receiving a CD or download code when the album is released in a couple weeks.  It was somewhere either on the AXS site or the venue website.  I can try to find it, but you'll probably have as much luck with that as I would!  =P

It's coming right after you get your 4 records.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jajarthur said:

I got all registered and my account updated in time. Got the email that I was all set. 

Then this came a couple of hours later. I'm kinda pissed. Anyone else get this message? 



Dear U2.com Subscriber,

Thank you for registering for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale. Unfortunately, we mistakenly sent you a confirmation email earlier tonight. Contrary to the email you were sent earlier, we are unable to offer you access to the presale. 

While presale access is only one benefit included with your U2.comsubscription, we recognize that it is important to many Subscribers. 

If you would like a refund of your subscription, please contact us using the Contact Us form on the Help page, and select 'Verified Subscriber Refund Request' from the dropdown menu.

We apologize for the confusion.
The U2.com Team 

#U2eiTour  

As some have said looks like TM has put the Subs in the Lottery VF code distribution  instead of the guaranteed code distribution- What a joke - sorry for those who are in the middle of this - 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...