Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

2 minutes ago, paulotex said:

Geez! I sent my question to .com and TM, and I keep getting emails saying that I should get a response in the next 12 hours... I email would have been enough... Got 6 emails since this moming...

Me too

2 minutes ago, amazing76 said:

I’ve been trying to get GA tickets for Madison Square Garden, three time tickets showed up and three times they went away just as soon as they showed! I wasn’t even given the option to purchase them so frustrating!!!

I did not even seen them at all,

3 minutes ago, amazing76 said:

I’ve been trying to get GA tickets for Madison Square Garden, three time tickets showed up and three times they went away just as soon as they showed! I wasn’t even given the option to purchase them so frustrating!!!

51 minutes ago, bgans said:

Look all the way down to accept or decline the ticket insurance?

Yeah... I had done that and accepted it but it would just keep giving me that error asking me to fill in billing info but it didn't give me anywhere to fill in or select any billing info.

That was with internet explorer.

I then tried logging in to ticketmaster with chrome after my order timed out a number of times.

The exact same login info that I entered in in internet explorer to login to ticketmaster would not work logging in to chrome.  I was able to login over and over with internet explorer but could not get order to complete and when I tried to login to chrome - every time it failed.  Was REALLY frustrating and hyperventilating at this point.  Tried clearing cache on both and still had exact same issues.

Finally was able to complete and secure order using Firefox but just the basic ordering part with ticketmaster was beyond stressful!!

8 minutes ago, james busick said:

Surprised to see that GA tickets for Tulsa are not CC entry.  First time I have ever been able to say I'm looking forward to going to Tulsa :).  One great thing about it will be that the setlist will be unknown since it is opening night :).

Every show I looked at and have fiends that bought has ticket options. Not cc entry

2 minutes ago, palominojaime said:

I’m going to keep trying but I’m not optimistic that I’ll get tickets during the pre-sale

1 minute ago, tdarby719 said:

Every show I looked at and have fiends that bought has ticket options. Not cc entry

Fiends are much more fun than friends :).  This is interesting.  Seems to me that the CC entry method would be much more effective in preventing scalping than the verified subscriber/fan method.  These GA tickets are now highly scalpable.

Yeah, Chrome doesn't let me log in -- have to use IE.  Also, you can't have a gap in your subscription or you get thrown into the Innocence group?  I asked a question about it 4 days ago and every 12 hours I get an email:

"Thanks for your email!

A Fan Club Support rep should get back to you within 12 hours.

Please don’t reply to this email as it won’t get forwarded to a representative. Be assured that we will answer your original email ASAP!

Thanks for being a fan!"

This gap in subscription for a month or whatever is BS.  It seems like everyone else is getting hosed by technical problems anyways.

*****EVERYONE READ THIS*****

It took me 30 minutes of REDIALS to get through by phone, but I spoke to a customer service representative at U2.COM just now.  She told me that registration at U2.COM and subsequent verification with Ticketmaster enters you into a LOTTERY to get a code by text, not a guaranteed delivery of a code.  She said that this detail was spelled out in the subscription service or one of the e-mails, but I can't find that anywhere.  She said that if you didn't receive a code this morning, you weren't selected as part of the LOTTERY.  Because of the "confusion", they are offering a full refund to your subscription here.

Thank you Max for your help! I was among the early people who got screwed with the 2 emails and sent Max the requested info. I just received a text with a code about 3 minutes ago, so it is being sorted out.

Important -  for those who received the rejection email (I did last night)

just received the text from u2.com!!!

i quickly went to TM mobile site and picked up Red Zone for Tulsa.

Please keep an eye on your phones for the text they may be resolving this...

2 minutes ago, Halup said:

Thank you Max for your help! I was among the early people who got screwed with the 2 emails and sent Max the requested info. I just received a text with a code about 3 minutes ago, so it is being sorted out.

Me too

Thank you so much @Max Tsukino

I get that it's a lottery - In previous years you never knew if you would be quick enough to get tickets. It was the luck of the draw. 

What I don't get is how a lottery makes scalpers less likely to get tickets than fans, when that is *literally* supposed to be the point of the Verified Fan system.

Edited by gringo

5 minutes ago, nbougas said:

*****EVERYONE READ THIS*****

It took me 30 minutes of REDIALS to get through by phone, but I spoke to a customer service representative at U2.COM just now.  She told me that registration at U2.COM and subsequent verification with Ticketmaster enters you into a LOTTERY to get a code by text, not a guaranteed delivery of a code.  She said that this detail was spelled out in the subscription service or one of the e-mails, but I can't find that anywhere.  She said that if you didn't receive a code this morning, you weren't selected as part of the LOTTERY.  Because of the "confusion", they are offering a full refund to your subscription here.

Sent to me from U2.COM last week : In a touring period, paid-up subscribers receive an opportunity to enter a special ticket presale.

No mention of a lottery there. It would be nice if the staff at U2.COM were all singing from the same song sheet.

9 minutes ago, james busick said:

Fiends are much more fun than friends :).  This is interesting.  Seems to me that the CC entry method would be much more effective in preventing scalping than the verified subscriber/fan method.  These GA tickets are now highly scalpable.

LOL. Fat finger day.  But most of my friends are truly fiends too. :)

10 minutes ago, VioletMoon said:

@Janette B @Max Tsukino just got the code in my phone!

Anyone else with the not eligible mail, got it now?

Yes!!!! We now have a code!!!! I've got my husband trying to secure our tickets as I am much too emotional about it. He was trying on his phone, but it wasn't working so he is now on the laptop. Fingers crossed that decent seats are left for Nashville . . . tickets have been on sale there for 40 mins.

I am glad we are able to try and maybe we will just try for LA and stay close to home

I received the cancellation letter and just had a presale code texted to me. Was able to secure tickets to Chicago show. Hopefully, those in the same biat will receive their presale codes, too. Thanks @Max Tsukino and thise working hard to sort this out for fans!!!

Got email saying I was in on subscriber pale today then a layer email said the first email was a mistake and that I was not eligible. Does anyone here know why and if I'll have a shot at the next pressie or will I just have to wing it with the general public sale.