Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

52 minutes ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

In the same situation. Renewed on Saturday and can't complete the verified fan subscriber list, without having pay for the new 2018 subscription package. 

Will I be expected to pay again for essentially the same period?

same advice, Help team should be able to adjust for you

• Thanks 1

Just now, czhr10 said:

That is not allowed when u live outside teh USA , i do have a Dutch TM account though ..

Anyone else unable to make a US TM account from outside the US? I managed (from UK)

1 hour ago, gmc said:

Good one.I still interpret it as an active subscription and the band announce a tour,you'll get a pre sale code.So in your case,the way I see it,you'll get a pre sale code for 2018 in NA because your subscription is active.

Can a mod please confirm?

ive seen several posts here stating people had to renew their U2 dot com subscription in order to complete the Ticketmaster link-up, but I did not have to do so and mine says "setup complete".  I DID use my JT2017 code for four tickets, so since I was able to complete the setup does that mean I will get a code or do I need to purchase an additional year's membership?

Just now, mksiggy75 said:

ive seen several posts here stating people had to renew their U2 dot com subscription in order to complete the Ticketmaster link-up, but I did not have to do so and mine says "setup complete".  I DID use my JT2017 code for four tickets, so since I was able to complete the setup does that mean I will get a code or do I need to purchase an additional year's membership?

you need to renew

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 17.52.20.png

1 minute ago, bigwave said:

Anyone else unable to make a US TM account from outside the US? I managed (from UK)

It oes not make sence either, to need a USA TM account for the European part of the tour , and to have to recieve  USA sms messages in Europe , but that's just me...

• Like 1

OK, just to confirm/clarify...

I'm in the UK, and I do *NOT* want to attend the North American shows, but I *WILL* want presale access to the European shows when they are announced.

1. Am I correct in thinking I do NOT need to renew my U2.com subscription, or set up any of this Verified Fan stuff, until the European dates are announced?

2. Do I have to pre-order the album in order to access the European presale, or is that a totally separate presale from the U2.com subscribers' presale?

3. I'm a bit worried about this mobile phone thing, since I don't have one. I can borrow an ancient mobile phone if necessary, but it's not a smartphone or anything - it would be OK if they're just going to send us a code to enter on the website, but no good if they sent us a link we had to click on. Is this likely to be a problem?

1 minute ago, bigwave said:

So you've opened a US TM account from the UK just to go through the verification process ? What would happen if you only get the pre sale code for NA which you may not attend,but don't get pre sale code for Europe ie UK that you want to attend because you've linked with US TM already ?

• Like 1

Are we sure purchase with u2.com verified subscriber code won't create trouble with the purchase with the code from the album preorder? I mean will they be considered multiply purchases  and hence cancelled?

3 minutes ago, bigwave said:

I just made an US TM account from The Netherlands. No problem.

However I can’t specify a European country and give my address details. I only van choose out of: USA, Canada, Australia, Mexico, New Zealand, Other.

2 minutes ago, gmc said:

So you've opened a US TM account from the UK just to go through the verification process ? What would happen if you only get the pre sale code for NA which you may not attend,but don't get pre sale code for Europe ie UK that you want to attend because you've linked with US TM already ?

Uh, nice one

I connected my profile to TM USA but pretty sure I wont attend any US shows

Will I receive anyway a code to be used for the rest of the world and how/when? (missed this part)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mksiggy75 said:

Edited by smsully

One more question (sorry, I know I look pretty stupid in asking so many things :unsure:

If I renew AFTER november US presale, will I get a code to be used for the rest of the world?

17 minutes ago, bigwave said:

open a US TM account, belt & braces

So this verified meber process is only for the North American leg of the tour ? 

It is totally unclear now whtether this clumsy process is required for European Members who want to be in the presale for the European part of the tour , can anyone please confirm what is going on here ?

12 minutes ago, Canadanne said:

OK, just to confirm/clarify...

I'm in the UK, and I do *NOT* want to attend the North American shows, but I *WILL* want presale access to the European shows when they are announced.

1. Am I correct in thinking I do NOT need to renew my U2.com subscription, or set up any of this Verified Fan stuff, until the European dates are announced?

2. Do I have to pre-order the album in order to access the European presale, or is that a totally separate presale from the U2.com subscribers' presale?

3. I'm a bit worried about this mobile phone thing, since I don't have one. I can borrow an ancient mobile phone if necessary, but it's not a smartphone or anything - it would be OK if they're just going to send us a code to enter on the website, but no good if they sent us a link we had to click on. Is this likely to be a problem?

1. Belt & braces (no harm in doing it now in my view)

2. Is a separate thing from what I can gleam.

3. codes are going to be sent via SMS so mobile is needed

1 minute ago, czhr10 said:

So this verified meber process is only for the North American leg of the tour ? 

It is totally unclear now whtether this clumsy process is required for European Members who want to be in the presale for the European part of the tour , can anyone please confirm what is going on here ?

it states just for US dates, but it you are outside US and want to attend those shows you will need to follow process

5 minutes ago, monica martino said:

One more question (sorry, I know I look pretty stupid in asking so many things :unsure:

If I renew AFTER november US presale, will I get a code to be used for the rest of the world?

unknown at this stage

11 minutes ago, Youri-Nauta said:

However I can’t specify a European country and give my address details. I only van choose out of: USA, Canada, Australia, Mexico, New Zealand, Other.

That is why you cannot complete a usefull TM mebership in the US, You cannot give a valid legal adress

9 minutes ago, monica martino said:

Uh, nice one

I connected my profile to TM USA but pretty sure I wont attend any US shows

Will I receive anyway a code to be used for the rest of the world and how/when? (missed this part)

think thats how it will work

Can one of the moderators please clarify the process for the European presale....  I've read through 6 pages in this thread and Im still not fully understanding what i need to be doing. I plan to visit europe, not US. So do I ignore all of this until a separate announcement is made for european presale. or should we ALL be doing this connecting with TM thing with the US site.... Can europe info be added to FAQ please??

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Youri-Nauta said:

can you PM screen shots? what email confirmation (if any did you receive?) Have you used it to come #verifiedfan ?

2 minutes ago, emmaking said:

Can one of the moderators please clarify the process for the European presale....  I've read through 6 pages in this thread and Im still not fully understanding what i need to be doing. I plan to visit europe, not US. So do I ignore all of this until a separate announcement is made for european presale. or should we ALL be doing this connecting with TM thing with the US site.... Can europe info be added to FAQ please??

unknown at this stage.