Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Ticketmaster doesn't have a great system and often although you ask for specific section they try to give you other seats.  Being in innocence wasn't helpful- I paid my $50 renewal too late - Los Angeles had no good seats avail (except for $600 range) - but there are currently 94 GA tickets avail on StubHub.  Still don't understand why resellers are allowed to exist, though not helpful when Ticketmaster is always encouraged its' buyers to use their very own resale site.  Still fixed against the fan.

2 minutes ago, 504jumper said:

Yeah, sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown and the ticketing process is Lucy with the football.

I actually waited in line--overnight--for ZOO TV tickets. Can't believe that was 25 years ago. 

I actually waited in line--overnight--for ZOO TV tickets. Can't believe that was 25 years ago. 

I wish they would go back to that. Made it fair. Kept it local. Actually interacted with people. Made some friends I still see today.

Of course, some of these whippersnappers today wouldn't know what to do with themselves...  LOL

• Like 1

Just now, jimmill12 said:

Ticketmaster doesn't have a great system and often although you ask for specific section they try to give you other seats.  Being in innocence wasn't helpful- I paid my $50 renewal too late - Los Angeles had no good seats avail (except for $600 range) - but there are currently 94 GA tickets avail on StubHub.  Still don't understand why resellers are allowed to exist, though not helpful when Ticketmaster is always encouraged its' buyers to use their very own resale site.  Still fixed against the fan.

Maybe it was easier on my end because my venue wasn't ticket master. I dunno...

Help. I got the code but was unable to get GA tickets for Las Vegas:(  Does anyone have tickets they want to sell or does anyone have good advice?

18 minutes ago, legrose said:

At 10:00:01 there was nothing on the floor for LA, and I won't pay astronomical prices for seats ( I still have my first U2 ticket stub - $15).

At 11:51, I removed all of the checkboxes for price, and only checked floor. After about 5 submit attempts, 2 GAs finally came. up. 

Wow

AT 12.:11 I decided to try again for the LA show and 3 different sets of GA tickets came up.  Every time I clicked to buy them, I got a message that says "another fan beat me to them." Now they are all gone again and I am still without :angry:

10 minutes ago, gpmalecki said:

Well, they'll have their smartphones. Back in the day, we actually had to talk to each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepster65 said:

hi big wave, I never got a code despite being verified and set up complete, emailed the help team and have been told someone will get back within 12 hours, what is the chances of tix still being available?????????

all we can do today is ask people to keep going back to the Help page team, sorry we cannot do more at the moment

Got a code today. Only really good seats left for Nashville are the $650 party package seats. I went to buy and was told I'd exceeded limit of tickets and couldn't buy them. I was supposed to be in the eXperience group. Truly sad situation - never in the many years of propaganda and U2.com have I had to go to scalpers to buy tickets but I'm biting the bullet now and going to Stubhub. 

7 minutes ago, marycchi said:

Got a code today. Only really good seats left for Nashville are the $650 party package seats. I went to buy and was told I'd exceeded limit of tickets and couldn't buy them. I was supposed to be in the eXperience group. Truly sad situation - never in the many years of propaganda and U2.com have I had to go to scalpers to buy tickets but I'm biting the bullet now and going to Stubhub. 

Never bought from Stubhub before. Let us know how what you think.

Verified Fan system is a joke. I didn't receive my code until 20 minutes after the sale started. Not one GA ticket let for my date.

And now on Stub Hub there are over 70 available at more than double the price.

5 minutes ago, 504jumper said:

Never bought from Stubhub before. Let us know how what you think.

I'd wait it out. Show up at venue the day of the show. There will be real U2 peops with extra tickets that will be happy to offer them up for what they paid for them.

Tried, tested & true since Joshua tree 87... Done it for nearly every tour. 

2 minutes ago, enriquediaz said:

Verified Fan system is a joke. I didn't receive my code until 20 minutes after the sale started. Not one GA ticket let for my date.

And now on Stub Hub there are over 70 available at more than double the price.

I saw GA tix on Stubhub, too.  Do you or anyone, know why there are row numbers for the Floor General Admission Standing Room Only?

3 minutes ago, 504jumper said:

I saw GA tix on Stubhub, too.  Do you or anyone, know why there are row numbers for the Floor General Admission Standing Room Only?

I believe thats just for accounting/tracking purposes. Most venues with GA have row and seat numbers on tickets these days...

Edited by gpmalecki
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fordcorners said:

I just don’t believe all of these GA’s sold out. I’ve never experienced across the board Presale GA sellouts, especially given U2 were just here 3 months ago. 

Exactly.  No way are all the GA's gone.  The last three tours I've had zero problem securing GA tix as a Fan Club member and that included indoor arenas in major cities.  If they're not gone, who are they being set aside for?  Are we not Fan enough anymore? 

My only option this time around were rip-off VIP packages (sorry U2, I've seen ya on every tour since the Joshua Tree but I'm not paying over 300 bucks for a regular seat), limited view, and back upper deck.  What the...?  

I ended up snagging a pair of limited view tix, but I don't feel good about it.  This will likely be my last U2 show. 

As much as I love U2, and trust me, I have spent over $20,000 helping to give them a great life, I am probably going to retire as a fan. This "Verified Scam" ticket process has me really upset. I'm sure they will have a great life without me. I still have not received the code, text, so will likely request a refund for my renewal. So sad.

Edited by pleasegone
left out info

2 minutes ago, gpmalecki said:

I'd wait it out. Show up at venue the day of the show. There will be real U2 peops with extra tickets that will be happy to offer them up for what they paid for them.

Tried, tested & true since Joshua tree 87... Done it for nearly every tour. 

I hear you, bro. And I might have to do that, too. My big worry is bad luck. It would be just my luck to go and try & score tix and not. I've been to their shows for 30 years now and always saw peeps selling them--sometime for an arm & a leg, sometimes for face value. But, when it comes to U2 show, I'md such a worry-wort and would rather have them locked up long before the show.

U2 should apologize to the many fans and subscribers to U2.com for this fiasco.  Long time subscribers have been shut out of this presale. Which by the way is a joke.  Standing in a ticket master line is better than this.  U2 should refund everybody's annual membership that requests a refund!  

40 minutes ago, fordcorners said:

Up to 4 tickets GA in each location ranging from 250-550 each on StubHub. Thanks for verifying these fans team. 

You are assuming that

1. these are real tickets and not speculative and

2. TM won't cancel these tickets in the coming days. They have become quite aggressive with this in the last year or so.

Also,  you are yelling at U2.com for something that TM did. I don't understand that. It is like yelling at the waitress because your food doesn't taste good.

The big question that I have is why, after all this trouble and increased security, did they do away with credit card ticketing? That's the easiest way to prevent tickets from being scalped, yet they didn't use it this time? That seems like one step forward the three backward.

14 minutes ago, gpmalecki said:

I believe thats just for accounting/tracking purposes. Most venues with GA have row and seat numbers on tickets these days...

Thanks, I so tempted to pull the trigger on them. But, I'll wait and see what happens in the next week. I'm not optimistic, though.

2 hours ago, SJspartan said:

Yeah, I went with obstructed view (down at the end of the second stage) for $76. Row 6, San Jose. $190 after fees. No way the wife would have been cool with $700. I joined just to be on the floor after I was in the upper corner for the last arena tour.

Me too.  I'm in 109 row 8 pretty close to the aisle, so should have an okay view of the screen.  It was in 109 row 10 near the center and had GREAT views of the band, but basically couldn't see the screen at all.  For $76 it's a real bargain considering what the other seats were selling for.

Edited by ApolloAndy