Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Guys, anyone from outside the US who plans to attend American gigs managed to validate their account? If you don't have a valid us adress you can't have a us Ticketmaster account, so that means we wont have access to u2.com presale? I'm kinda panicking rn

5 minutes ago, bgans said:

So. Did I just buy a $40 lottery ticket? Or will I actually get a presale code?

you will get a presale code, it does not guarantee you will get a ticket. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mariana_rielli said:

Guys, anyone from outside the US who plans to attend American gigs managed to validate their account? If you don't have a valid us adress you can't have a us Ticketmaster account, so that means we wont have access to u2.com presale? I'm kinda panicking rn

mm I just entere my Dutch Ticketmaster credentials an it now says "Verified"   , o not know for which part of the tour that qualifies, but hopefully for thst European leg... 

Edited by czhr10
mis spellings by me...

9 minutes ago, pride said:

I didn't use my subscription code to buy JT tickets.My Subscription ends in February.Can I use the code to buy tickets for this tour?

Just to mention.I didn't get the "gift" for the subscription.

From the FAQs:

I have an active U2.com subscription and did not purchase tickets using my unique presale access code for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 dates, will I have access to the U2eiTour presale?
Subscribers that purchased one of the 2017 Joshua Tree subscription offers AND have not used their presale access code to purchase tickets to The Joshua Tree Tour will be eligible to be verified for this upcoming presale.

However, more than likely, a new code will be issued.  As for the gift, it should be mailing out in December.  For now, if you go to your account page, you can download the songs.

Just now, czhr10 said:

mm I just entere my utch Ticketmaster credentials an it now says "Verified"   , o not know for which part of the tour that qualifies, but hopefully for thst European leg... 

Thing is I qualify as "other countries" haha 

2 minutes ago, kwaite said:

you will get a resale code, it does not guarantee you will get a ticket. 

Where is that information coming from? That is not my previous experience with Ticketmaster's Verified Fan system.

Just now, mariana_rielli said:

Thing is I qualify as "other countries" haha 

sorry, my keyboard of my laptop is broken, often the "D" does not work ..:angry:

1 minute ago, czhr10 said:

sorry, my keyboard of my laptop is broken, often the "D" does not work ..:angry:

Oh now I get! I'll try again later, it might be some other error 

Thank you! 

13 minutes ago, bgans said:

Where is that information coming from? That is not my previous experience with Ticketmaster's Verified Fan system.

From the FAQ.  If you subscribed to the fan club and went through those things (subscribed, connected TM account, gave mobile phone number) it is not Verified Fan, it is Verified Subscriber.   Verified Subscribers get access to presale code (not guaranteed a ticket) that can be used prior to other sales.  Based on your original subscription date (before or after Dec 2016) you will be in either experience or innocence group.     After those sales is Citi cardholder saile- need to register for that.   Then it is general sales through the Verified Fan system, which you are not guaranteed a code.    

Edited by kwaite
  • Like 1

@kwaite - Thank you. I've been burned with Verified Fan twice before - Springsteen on Broadway & the Harry Potter Play - "standby" (i.e. - real buyer, not a bot) but no actual code either time.

3 hours ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

Choose the 10" singles as that was the only gift option really. 

Surely they are not going to penalise people who renewed before today?

Stil reading but I reupped 10/30 knowing the tour announcement was coming.  So I had no shot at a 2018 selection.  Am I all set?  last time, folks that reupped before the tour announcement were in the higher senority group, even if you were in Propaganda back when etc.  How do I know I am all set even if I could NOT pick a 2018 gift.  I won't be reupping again for sure.

I’m unclear on Dan presale/Citi presale.  I verified/linked my u2.com fan club account today and see the green box saying I’m all set on my account page. So I plan/hope to get my 2 tickets during the presale. 

If if I have a Citibank card, can I also participate in that separate presale? I remember on the last tour that you could only get a certain # of presale tickets total and if you tried to get more your tickets would be cancelled. But is participating in the U2 fan club presale (2 tix) AND the Citibank (2 more  tix) presale allowed? They are two different presales but are all run through Ticketmaster so I don’t want to go over any maximum limit and get my tickets cancelled. I’m trying to follow the rules and don’t want anything cancelled. Thanks for the clarification. 

5 minutes ago, sbeck said:

Stil reading but I reupped 10/30 knowing the tour announcement was coming.  So I had no shot at a 2018 selection.  Am I all set?  last time, folks that reupped before the tour announcement were in the higher senority group, even if you were in Propaganda back when etc.  How do I know I am all set even if I could NOT pick a 2018 gift.  I won't be reupping again for sure.

Presently I don't think we are eligible for the new presale. I reupped on the 29th knowing the tour was coming. But when I try and complete the fan verification it is telling me I need to buy a 2018 subscription. Emailed customer support and hopefully can get a resolution. Like you I wont be paying another $40.

Edited by Kevinslatteryu2

5 hours ago, utwothefly said:

I was subbed until Dec 2018 but I had to resub for the fan verification to be completed, which it is now.  

But I can't see on my accounts page how long I'm subbed for, should be to Dec 2019 now. Doesn't seem right to be subbed that long. 

yeah I show

SUBSCRIPTION ACTIVE UNTIL
09 January 2019

I just reupped before tour announcement and now I feel stressed about it.  I can't be until Jan '19.  Just tell me experienced group and I will await code.

2 minutes ago, utwothefly said:

I'm subbed now until 2020 ?the band will split before my sub runs out! 

What happens then giftwise with that?

1 minute ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

Presently I don't think we are eligible for the new presale. I reupped on the 29th knowing the tour was coming. But when I try and complete the fan verification it is telling me I need to buy a 2018 subscription. Email customer support and hopefully can get a resolution.  

My account does say I am linked and says SETUP COMPLETE.  Is that mean I am good?

U2.com Verified Subscriber Presale

tm_verified_banner.png
We're committed to identifying and removing scalpers and bots to ensure more tickets go into the hands of U2.com Verified Subscribers. In order to be eligible for Subscriber presale ticket access, please click each link and complete the below steps.
Setup Complete

So I have a green setup complete, but I think I had to pick some records.  It's nuts this is even a question.

3 minutes ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

Presently I don't think we are eligible for the new presale. I reupped on the 29th knowing the tour was coming. But when I try and complete the fan verification it is telling me I need to buy a 2018 subscription. Email customer support and hopefully can get a resolution.  

Kevin, what are you doing to "complete fan verification".  Is it to get that green font for "SETUP COMPLETE"?

Just now, sbeck said:

Kevin, what are you doing to "complete fan verification".  Is it to get that green font for "SETUP COMPLETE"?

Yes the part where you link your u2 account to your ticketmaster account and phone number. I can't complete mine, as apparently I don't have the 2018 subscription. I extended my subscription on Sunday when it was still 2017 subscriptions being sold. 

Hi.

My Verified Fan setup went OK, but I'm trying to pre-order the new CD on the U2.com shop. All of the different items show up fine, but there are no buttons to actually add the CD to my cart. This makes it very difficult to pre-order...

Is this being worked on? Please help...

Thank you!

17 minutes ago, bgans said:

@kwaite - Thank you. I've been burned with Verified Fan twice before - Springsteen on Broadway & the Harry Potter Play - "standby" (i.e. - real buyer, not a bot) but no actual code either time.

I think if you miss the presales and do general sale via Verified Fan then there is still a very good chance to get burned :(   
And of course, the Verified Subscriber does not guarantee you'll get tickets either, but should at least get a chance to get tickets.  

4 minutes ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

Yes the part where you link your u2 account to your ticketmaster account and phone number. I can't complete mine, as apparently I don't have the 2018 subscription. I extended my subscription on Sunday when it was still 2017 subscriptions being sold. 

I bought mine on Monday thr 30th and I can get to complete WITHOUT selecting a 2018 gift.  Mods is that sound right?

EDIt  The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017  That is my listed selected gift.  is that "2018" too?

Edited by sbeck

Just now, sbeck said:

I bought mine on Monday thr 30th and I can get to complete WITHOUT selecting a 2018 gift.  Mods is that sound right?

Yep same thing with me. Emailed customer support and hopefully they can sort something out, without having to pay $40 again.

1 minute ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

Yep same thing with me. Emailed customer support and hopefully they can sort something out, without having to pay $40 again.

yeah no freaking way paying $40 again of course.  Here I thought I was being smart.  Where is the line for Experienced and Innocent groups?

Anyone have their #, I can call directly?

Edited by sbeck