Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, reddef said:

If i have offered a : U2com13 Standard New Membership: 2018 Gift

to a friend, will he also get a pre-sale access code?

 

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, OptimaX said:

Situation:

I am in Innocence group. (U2.com member).

I have purchased the vinyl on U2.com, so I am also in Pre-sale group, which is after innocence group but before general public.

I want to see two shows from one city, but there is only one show available. the 2nd show would need to be announced later.

 

Questions:

Can I save my pre-sale code for a later to-be-announced show (from the same city)?

Can I save my innocence code for a later to-be-announced show (from the same city)?

risky strategy, no guarantee any more dates will be announced - but should there be, same unused code would be valid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it said somewhere in the account info the name of the presale's group that I belong to (Innocence or Experience)? I can't find it anywhere and I'm wondering if for any reason I don't have the right for the presale...

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sonflores said:

Is it said somewhere in the account info the name of the presale's group that I belong to (Innocence or Experience)? I can't find it anywhere and I'm wondering if for any reason I don't have the right for the presale...

Thank you

You need to be a paid subscriber to be able to participate on the presales...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way of being a non paid subscriber? My brother subscribed last year but he doesn't remember if he had to pay anything.... so I don't know what kind of subscriber I am...  We received an email yesterday from U2@U2.com informing about the tour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sonflores said:

Is there a way of being a non paid subscriber? My brother subscribed last year but he doesn't remember if he had to pay anything.... so I don't know what kind of subscriber I am...  We received an email yesterday from U2@U2.com informing about the tour.

http://www.u2.com/help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sonflores said:

Is there a way of being a non paid subscriber? My brother subscribed last year but he doesn't remember if he had to pay anything.... so I don't know what kind of subscriber I am...  We received an email yesterday from U2@U2.com informing about the tour.

http://www.u2.com/subscribe

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, I subscribed today, so I am in the Innocence group (although it does not seem to appear on the forum), but I would like to know if there is an already available link that I can click on as soon as it opens for me on Friday, and if we know at what time and what day we will receive our codes ?

On another topic, I would like to know if we have any idea what the "standard gift" will be ?

Thank you in advance for your answers, :) have a nice day/evening !

Edited by valentin_sappy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, valentin_sappy said:

Hello everyone, I subscribed today, so I am in the Innocence group (although it does not seem to appear on the forum), but I would like to know if there is an already available link that I can click on as soon as it opens for me on Friday, and if we know at what time and what day we will receive our codes ?

On another topic, I would like to know if we have any idea what the "standard gift" will be ?

Thank you in advance for your answers, :) have a nice day/evening !

it will appear in your profile (http://www.u2.com/profile) and on the TOURS page (http://www.u2.com/tour)

Codes will appear later in the night

the gift will be announced at a later date...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. I’ll have a retailer presale code. But it says I have to use it before 24th Jan. Does anyone know if this code will still be valid for the Ireland dates being announced soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tony_breen said:

Hi. I’ll have a retailer presale code. But it says I have to use it before 24th Jan. Does anyone know if this code will still be valid for the Ireland dates being announced soon?

unknown at the moment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stories around the American presales made me worry. For Europe/Berlin I had ordered the GA tickets 10 minutes after the salse started. Was not that bad at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, josemanuelgallardo said:

Hola buenas tardes soy suscriptor de U2 y no me han llegado los códigos para la compra anticipada. 

Apareces como Free member, no como subscriptor pagado... Por favor sal de u2.com (log off) y de Zootopia, borra cookies y cache de tu navegador y cierralo. Vuelvelo a abrir y revisa tu perfil (http://www.u2.com/profile)... Si tienes derecho a codigo ahi debe de aparecer...

Adicionalmente: de preferencia los mensajes en ingles - no todos los moderadores hablan español...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if the 25% discount code given with the subscription or renewal can be applied to the following article:?

https://u2.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=U2TWEBWWGBP&sku=U2T53175

(Q Magazine Inc 'AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered' CD)

I want to renew to buy this and other items (keyrains, t-shirts) with the code they give me, but as long as it works. Please, If someone has a code try to buy it and let me know if the discount is applied :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sandra_Tapia said:

Does anyone know if the 25% discount code given with the subscription or renewal can be applied to the following article:?

https://u2.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=U2TWEBWWGBP&sku=U2T53175

(Q Magazine Inc 'AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered' CD)

I want to renew to buy this and other items (keyrains, t-shirts) with the code they give me, but as long as it works. Please, If someone has a code try to buy it and let me know if the discount is applied :/

It does not work on the magazine. It should work on anything else you mentioned, but does not work with audio/video items. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's up with this year's subscription present? It is april 2018 and I just received the 2017 Joshua Tree Vinyl collection. It seems like every year they are falling behind more and more. Not to complain, I appreciate getting the exclusive content, but let's not forget we are paying 40 dollars a year for these benefits, and they haven't even announced what the gift will be, but had no problem forcing us to re-suscribe early if we wanted access to the tour's presales. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, alekdome said:

 but had no problem forcing us to re-suscribe early if we wanted access to the tour's presales. 

I'm confused about this.  I did not have to resubscribe early for access to either tours' presales.  My subscribtion comes up in May.  Why did some people have to resubscribe?  It looked like I had to do so but I asked a mod and was told no, I was fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very dissapointed too!

Could they not give us a live registration of one of the Joshua Tree Tour concerts???

And again vynil...

It was a miracle when they invented  the digital compact disc! And now they go back to a technology of 30 years ago!

I have been a paying member since the beginning! No more resubscription for me next year!

Utterly dissapointed!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shannon387 said:

Not a unicorn.... :(

Remixes.... ? 

Packaging looks nice

 

No - not a Pegasus either...

I hope the horror can remain incomplete by their offering us at least lossless or WAV file downloads, and not crappy mp3s yet again...

Please, powers-that-be, PLEASE give us the ability to burn these downloads to CD in a format worth listening to - mp3s are NOT the equivalent of vinyl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There must have being more ideas going around the U2 office before they decided to choose the latest 2018 rattle and hum remix gift. Who wants remixes? Surely this is waste of effort manufacturing this? We've all heard these remixes before, so no big deal there?

some actual rarities always goes down a treat!!! But this gift could be the worst gift ever?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-11-23 at 10:12 AM, Musicality said:

thanks for the reply.

that sounds a bit pathetic, takes them a whole year to send out a vinyl, and I bet 90% of the subscribers don't even have a vinyl player. U2.com tried to claim vinyl is making a come-back, I'm not fooled by that.

Going straight on to eBay when I receive it. Let's hope 2018 brings something a bit more relevant.

I actually like the vinyl - would have been nice to include Red Hill, but I guess we can't have it all ;)

Also, those lithographs are nice and all, but to display them properly would require a frame -- more $ to be spent. 

The 360 live releases/book have been my fav of the bunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...