Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Wondering if new dates will be added to North American tour example: Toronto? so should I wait to use my verified fan pre-sale for that show instead of Montreal which is only Canadian date announced so far. Don't want Montreal tix if Toronto is added after....

To allow as many fans as possible to see U2, there is a four (4) ticket limit MAXIMUM per purchaser.

That is from the Citi presale registration. So 2 u2 presale and 4 from a Citi card if you have one?  Anyway, thought that might help to post.

2 minutes ago, sbeck said:

yeah no freaking way paying $40 again of course.  Here I thought I was being smart.  Where is the line for Experienced and Innocent groups?

Anyone have their #, I can call directly?

http://www.u2.com/help

Number in the link. Let me know how you get on.

3 minutes ago, sonyab. said:

Wondering if new dates will be added to North American tour example: Toronto? so should I wait to use my verified fan pre-sale for that show instead of Montreal which is only Canadian date announced so far. Don't want Montreal tix if Toronto is added after....

Unknown at the moment...

2 minutes ago, sbeck said:

To allow as many fans as possible to see U2, there is a four (4) ticket limit MAXIMUM per purchaser.

That is from the Citi presale registration. So 2 u2 presale and 4 from a Citi card if you have one?  Anyway, thought that might help to post.

Are you sure it's 4 from a Citi card?

Edited by Kevinslatteryu2

12 minutes ago, dmway said:

Hi.

My Verified Fan setup went OK, but I'm trying to pre-order the new CD on the U2.com shop. All of the different items show up fine, but there are no buttons to actually add the CD to my cart. This makes it very difficult to pre-order...

Is this being worked on? Please help...

Thank you!

I had this a few times, try different browsers and if not showing leave and go back in. Mine eventually showed and ordered

Just now, jonno77 said:

I had this a few times, try different browsers and if not showing leave and go back in. Mine eventually showed and ordered

Thank you very much - I'll keep trying then. :)

4 minutes ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

Are you sure it's 4 from a Citi card?

Well that was from their email they sent ME.

I'm in uk. That set up all appeared straightforward to me. I'm now subscribed to Feb 2019. I'm guessing that If I decide not to pre-order the album, I'm still in the normal presale as before for european dates when announced.

3 minutes ago, dmway said:

I thought you get a free one if you buy a ticket and don't have to do anything now?  I haven't done anything with the album yet.

Edited by sbeck

Just now, sbeck said:

I thought you get a free one if you buy a ticket and don't have to do anything now?

Yes - I'm assuming that will be the standard CD and I want the deluxe one.

Moderators, if I/we can buy ANY version of SoE when tickets are bought in the pre-sale, please let me/us know. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, dmway said:

No problem. You can also click on news on U2.com and select the new album and if you scroll down there are some red buttons. If you click on them it shows a list of retailers. UK Amazon doesn't allow preorder yet tho

1 hour ago, mich40 said:

From the FAQs:

I have an active U2.com subscription and did not purchase tickets using my unique presale access code for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 dates, will I have access to the U2eiTour presale?
Subscribers that purchased one of the 2017 Joshua Tree subscription offers AND have not used their presale access code to purchase tickets to The Joshua Tree Tour will be eligible to be verified for this upcoming presale.

However, more than likely, a new code will be issued.  As for the gift, it should be mailing out in December.  For now, if you go to your account page, you can download the songs.

Thanks for the reply.
I did do a little search,but missed it in the FAQS.

OK jsust talked to them.  They gave me in the "RedHill group" which will get rebranded Experienced.  I asked the guy about well I didn't have a 2018 gift to pick from but I show setup complete.  He really didn't have an answer but said my account was good to go.  So I think if you reupped post last tour in prep for this one we knew was coming, I don't think we have an issue. 

If you get to setup complete you are good.  This verified fan, if you have that from u2.com site, you are good for the general sale as well.  I never did anything with verified fan via TM.  Did anyone.  I think they have their own reg page, but I don't know.  EDIT.  he did say they hope to have the new lingo for the group names displaying online via your account tomorrow.  And like we could tell, we will get the presale code via text.

Edited by sbeck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, sbeck said:

Thank you. I thought I read that it was 4 tickets per show/date was the limit but that probably doesn't apply to the pre sale code. Pretty sure you are only allowed to use that code once. Just wish I knew that there was going to be a Toronto show. Montreal is 4 hours away. Might be nice to see them in a different city! Thanks again

4 minutes ago, sonyab. said:

Thank you. I thought I read that it was 4 tickets per show/date was the limit but that probably doesn't apply to the pre sale code. Pretty sure you are only allowed to use that code once. Just wish I knew that there was going to be a Toronto show. Montreal is 4 hours away. Might be nice to see them in a different city! Thanks again

No. The U2 member code is for 2 tickets and yes, code is for 1 use. 

1 minute ago, mich40 said:

No. The U2 member code is for 2 tickets and yes, code is for 1 use. 

The person is talking the Citi.  The email they send you says 4 tix.  We know U2 code is 2 tix. I am still confused after calling them.  kevin and I reupped Sunday night in prep for tour.  Now we seem to be getting punished for doing that. 

Question: "If I purchased a 2017 gift subscription, do I still qualify for the upcoming presale?"

Subscribers that purchased one of the 2017 Joshua Tree membership offers AND have NOT used their Presale access code to purchase tickets to the Joshua Tree Tour will be eligible for access to this upcoming Presale.  

If you purchased one (1) or more tickets to the Joshua Tree tour using your U2.com unique Presale access code, you will have to renew your membership early and purchase one of the 2018 U2.com Subscriber offers to access this Presale.  This applies to Subscribers that purchased 1, 2,  or 3 tickets, as well as the 4 ticket limit.  

You can also look at the following link for more updates on the upcoming U2 tour.

KEVIN. I think I got it.  If we reupped and SINCE WE DID NOT USE our ticket offer when we reupped, we are good to go.  So whew, I think that clears it up.  We didn't use the code this reup would have provided so we are free to move along to the next presale.  I think that is who I read it, where are the lawyers.  Forget send in the clowns, send in the lawyers.

2 hours ago, russpm said:

Please could one of the mods clarify. We are being asked to review and update our details as part of the verification process. Next to the mobile number a box to select country has appeared which I guess adds the country prefix dialling code. Does this mean we now need to drop the leading zero in our mobile number??

Thanks in advance.......another tour happy days ?

yes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2000_man said:

Just to clarify:

1. There are 2 presales (fan club & citi card). You have to get verified on the U2 fan club presale and the citi card presale separately.
  2. Do you have to get verified again if you want to buy tickets in the public on sale too? Just wanting clarification.
  3. Also, are you guaranteed a code (but not a ticket) if you are a fan club member and go through the verification process?

1. yes (though not known yet if you can double up to buy extras tix this way)

2. not sure, can;t hurt if you do..

3. If you are eligible (se Help page for criteria)

1 minute ago, bigwave said:

1. yes (though not known yet if you can double up to buy extras tix this way)

2. not sure, can;t hurt if you do..

3. If you are eligible (se Help page for criteria)

The issue is can you be verified all good, green setup complete and still get hosed?  A few of us reupped on the weekend, the 28th-29th and so we are trying to figure out if we are good to go.  The guy on the phone to your #2 said if you are verified via the fan website, you dont' need to do anything else for the general sale.

2 hours ago, Canadanne said:

1. Surely we aren't expected to set up a Ticketmaster US account if we have no intention of ever using it...? I appreciate the mods trying to help with this, but please can we get an official answer instead of speculation?

3. Doesn't answer my question - are they only sending the *code* via text message, or do we need a modern smartphone with web browsing capabilities? Are they expecting us to actually order our tickets using a mobile phone, or will it be the same as previous tours where I can use a desktop computer to follow a presale link from U2.com?

1. My opinion - can;t hurt to have a US TM account, so I did it in case it comes in handy. Don't if you not happy with that idea.

3. code being sent via SMS. thats it. Use code to book any way you can mobile / desktop etc

2 hours ago, tombyrne said:

I have a TM account in the US and in Ireland.  If I link my TM US account now, will I be able to make a change and link to my Ireland account when the European tour is announced?  I plan on going to Dublin for this.  Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Tom

We only being asked to link US TM accounts this way at the moment. 

2 hours ago, pride said:

I didn't use my subscription code to buy JT tickets.My Subscription ends in February.Can I use the code to buy tickets for this tour?

Just to mention.I didn't get the "gift" for the subscription.

you should be eligible but it will be a new code especially for this tour, gifts ship for last years subs in December. (see U2.com main pages for updates on that)