Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

On 4/11/2018 at 4:59 PM, doctornickriviera said:

I think it must be really hard for the mods to explain and defend U2 and their managements decisions re tour presale arrangements, ticket pricing, ‘gifts’ failure to deliver said gifts until halfway through the following calendar year., and also clearly not listening to the opinions of their fan base.

i really don’t know how they do it. 

Well, it's not really the Mods' task to do any of the things you listed, is it?

On 4/13/2018 at 4:34 PM, Ender said:

If they do a 30th Anniversary box set of Rattle and Hum (which I admit I'll buy just to have it) when they didn't do POP last year, I'll riot.

Yes - it was curious that there was no specific commemoration for POP. As much as many people like it, it never gets the due is deserves.

"Zooropa" indirectly got one on the deluxe boxsets for AB, although I hope they do an expanded version for it as well. At least the POP fans who like vinyl will finally have it in that format.

Count me as another person who is very disappointed with the gift. I have no use for vinyl. The last two sets have been given to a friend who loves U2 and does love vinyl. He loved it. In exchanged, I didn't even get WAV or Lossless? That is crazy. 

The bigger problem is the actual content. 2 lousy remixes and a decent remix of Desire I already have? Rattle & Hum remixes? I might actually be less interested in this than Duals. 

This is making me really upset that I never got the Rarities gift. Somehow managed to miss that one because my subscription date was November at that time. Had a weird overlap with trailing and future gifts. Sigh.

This has turned into a very disappointing U2 year for me. I actually managed to get a ticket to the tour, then I had to sell it because I got booked for a gig of my own in a different city that same night. Can't see the tour, subscriber gift is pointless.....Starting to ponder maybe not resubscribing.

I'm also disappointed. Is there a way to change the subscription gift and get the 7" records instead ? (I guess not but I'm asking anyway because I'm really disappointed)

Edited by valentin_sappy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, valentin_sappy said:

I'm also disappointed. Is there a way to change the subscription gift and get the 7" records instead ? (I guess not but I'm asking anyway because I'm really disappointed)

You may contact customer service via the help page and ask there. http://www.u2.com/help

8 hours ago, Immuzakman said:

Who’s opening up the tour??

U2 ? just them. 

• Thanks 1

I am feeling very sad at the moment.  My subscription will run out at the end of this month, and I will allow that to happen after many, many years.

It looks like I will be missing the "Experience" leg.  I was glad for the presale code, but all the tix for the shows I would have loved to travel far to attend were outrageously expensive.

The "gifts" are not of much interest to me anymore.  In fact, I somehow was sent double copies of the past two years' "gifts", perhaps because of the timing of my subscription:  the gifts were repeats.

I first saw U2 in Boston at the Paradise in 1981, and was thrilled to hear them in clubs and small theaters before they moved on to arenas, and then stadiums.  I did miss two tours because I preferred to hear the band in small venues, but I got over that eventually and normally went to see them twice during each tour, which was always interesting.  U2 has been very generous to me over the years, but I know they don't need my subscription money.

So sad...

On 5/2/2018 at 4:58 PM, amymatilda said:

I am feeling very sad at the moment.  My subscription will run out at the end of this month, and I will allow that to happen after many, many years.

It looks like I will be missing the "Experience" leg.  I was glad for the presale code, but all the tix for the shows I would have loved to travel far to attend were outrageously expensive.

The "gifts" are not of much interest to me anymore.  In fact, I somehow was sent double copies of the past two years' "gifts", perhaps because of the timing of my subscription:  the gifts were repeats.

I first saw U2 in Boston at the Paradise in 1981, and was thrilled to hear them in clubs and small theaters before they moved on to arenas, and then stadiums.  I did miss two tours because I preferred to hear the band in small venues, but I got over that eventually and normally went to see them twice during each tour, which was always interesting.  U2 has been very generous to me over the years, but I know they don't need my subscription money.

So sad...

I just bought a ticket seven rows from the stage for $106.  The presale did not go well this time, however; as the shows approach, prices have dropped.  I saw a bunch of tix for St Louis that were $76-171 and they were all great seats.  If you want to go to Omaha....GAs are available for $100.  I don't know what to say about subscribing or not.  Don't give up on seeing SOE if you love them.  Use TM's map and look at seats.  If you are willing to sit by yourself-single tickets are selling for about a third of seats located together.  I looked at the TM map for Boston and the prices are still high.  If you always see them in Boston then keep checking.  I've seen prices drop for many shows.  Even the resale tix are half of the basal $325 ticket price for a good seat.  FYI

On 4/18/2018 at 3:31 AM, valentin_sappy said:

Thanks, I sent a message, I'm waiting for the answer.

Did you get an answer for your question about changing the subscription gift?

On 4/23/2018 at 10:35 AM, dmway said:

Is it going to be "An Evening With..." performance then?

That would be my/our dream come true - but is it really true? :)

Nobody opened for them with SOI; am I not remembering correctly?   I cannot recall an opening act for SOI.  

I have some questions concerning how to go about posting and starting threads on U2.com.  I'm not sure if this is the correct place to do that.  I would pm one of you but this is kinda your busy time, is it not?  Should I just ask them in this thread?   I shall presume so and ask one here and now.

I want to restart the headache thread.  I don't know where it belongs in the Zoo.  I think it could help people.  There was a headache thread which got lost in whatever change happened.  People were able to vent. People were able to say I tried this treatment, etc.  I felt better going in and reading posts.  Where would it be properly posted?  Are there any specific things to avoid which I might not think about?  I ask as it's a support/help thread. I would be a mere participant once started. I assume that is a given with any thread a member starts.  Is that correct?  I'd read the rules but it hurts my eyes.  

27 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Nobody opened for them with SOI; am I not remembering correctly?   I cannot recall an opening act for SOI.  

For reasons that I'll probably go into next week, I couldn't see that tour. (Yes, I was disappointed, but it was a necessary sacrifice.)

I've heard the same thing from others, so you are most likely correct.

19 minutes ago, dmway said:

For reasons that I'll probably go into next week, I couldn't see that tour. (Yes, I was disappointed, but it was a necessary sacrifice.)

I've heard the same thing from others, so you are most likely correct.

Sorry to to hear that.  Wow.  That makes this show very cool for you, I'd imagine.  I'm happy for that.

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

Sorry to to hear that.  Wow.  That makes this show very cool for you, I'd imagine.  I'm happy for that.

I'm glad they released such a good show from that tour from Paris on DVD/BluRay - I could tell how good the show was just from watching that. In person, it must have been even more impressive.

I know I'll get a reasonable facsimile with this year's tour, since they are employing a very similar set.

On 5/6/2018 at 6:27 PM, Mangel said:

Did you get an answer for your question about changing the subscription gift?

Yes, it seems they accepted it but I still can't see the redeeming link on my profile

Hi All

Any info on the 2018 gift u2 3D dance mix being posted out & getting a link on your account info ?

Hopefully someone can answer ?

My Eyes Make Circle.:u2-1383:

1 hour ago, Hank134 said:

Hi All

Any info on the 2018 gift u2 3D dance mix being posted out & getting a link on your account info ?

Hopefully someone can answer ?

My Eyes Make Circle.:u2-1383:

Too early to say...

Please keep checking periodically the site and Zootopia. Once there are official dates you will find the information here...

I love vinyl releases and enjoy listening to vinyl. But it seems pretty clear to me that they simply need to do both a CD version and a vinyl version of gifts and let subscribers choose.

The recently announced gift is a bit of a let down for sure. Not sure how many fans are excited about dance remixes (and I own a lot U2 remixes because, well, U2...). Live show recordings or unreleased tracks are the jackpot for these kind of releases as far as I'm concerned. I thought the Joshua Tree singles release was great, and I would love entire live shows on vinyl/cd, too.

As others have pointed out, at the very least vinyl gifts should come with a lossless download. It's insane and inexplicable that they don't.

• Brilliant 1

2 hours ago, cantinadetim said:

I love vinyl releases and enjoy listening to vinyl. But it seems pretty clear to me that they simply need to do both a CD version and a vinyl version of gifts and let subscribers choose.

The recently announced gift is a bit of a let down for sure. Not sure how many fans are excited about dance remixes (and I own a lot U2 remixes because, well, U2...). Live show recordings or unreleased tracks are the jackpot for these kind of releases as far as I'm concerned. I thought the Joshua Tree singles release was great, and I would love entire live shows on vinyl/cd, too.

As others have pointed out, at the very least vinyl gifts should come with a lossless download. It's insane and inexplicable that they don't.

"From your mouth to God's ear", as the old expression goes. That's been my position from the first time I started talking about it here last summer.

I hope it happens this year; I agree that it is inexplicable if it doesn't.

• Like 2