Sign in to follow this  
laurelb

Connecting our Ticketmaster Account

What does connecting our Ticketmaster account to our U2 membership do? When tix go on sale, are we still ordering from TM?

It insures you are part of the Verified Fan program which is being used for the presales.  And yes, you will still be ordering through TM.

They use it to have Ticketmaster verify you’re a person & not a ticket monster bot. You’ll then notified in advance of the presale that you’re approved & to expect a text on the day of the presale with your presale code. 

Edited by Shannon387

Every time I've tried to connect my TM account (several over the last hour), I get an error message (I have the correct login info for TM entered).  On the u2.com account page it remains INCOMPLETE SETUP in big red letters. . . sigh.  is there a glitch due to the volume of users on 11/1?

ah, well it seems to have resolved as I went back after posting here and it says setup complete in green.  still wondering though if this process means fan club members will be selected at random for the presale, or will we all have access to presale tickets?  if it is random, like springsteen on broadway, for fan club members, then that will be very unpleasant. I have to imagine subscribers will all get presale access, right???

Edited by hobbes4444
updated info and additional q

1 hour ago, hobbes4444 said:

Every time I've tried to connect my TM account (several over the last hour), I get an error message (I have the correct login info for TM entered).  On the u2.com account page it remains INCOMPLETE SETUP in big red letters. . . sigh.  is there a glitch due to the volume of users on 11/1?

ah, well it seems to have resolved as I went back after posting here and it says setup complete in green.  still wondering though if this process means fan club members will be selected at random for the presale, or will we all have access to presale tickets?  if it is random, like springsteen on broadway, for fan club members, then that will be very unpleasant. I have to imagine subscribers will all get presale access, right???

please log off, delete cookies and cache. log in again and recheck. let us know if this works...

4 hours ago, Shannon387 said:

They use it to have Ticketmaster verify you’re a person & not a ticket monster bot. You’ll then notified in advance of the presale that you’re approved & to expect a text on the day of the presale with your presale code. 

So we will get the text before 10 am when tix go on sale?

I have used this system for other artists and it works very well. My only concern is that my presale group rating is supposed to show on my profile and there is nothing there! Can anyone else see their presale group?

22 minutes ago, Tracy M said:

I have used this system for other artists and it works very well. My only concern is that my presale group rating is supposed to show on my profile and there is nothing there! Can anyone else see their presale group?

They are still working on the account pages. Hang tight. It should appear later. 

Good! I can't see mine either. I can't remember how they were ranked last year. I just know I have been a long time subscriber.

20 hours ago, laurelb said:

What does connecting our Ticketmaster account to our U2 membership do? When tix go on sale, are we still ordering from TM?

Yes

When I tried to get Springsteen tickets for his new show in NYC using this new text method I was unsuccessful.  It is a very stressful and frustrating process. 

@ Tracy M are there any tips you can share for using the text code they send you to buy tickets when they are released.  

2 hours ago, Kite said:

@ Tracy M are there any tips you can share for using the text code they send you to buy tickets when they are released.  

Only tip really is .....relax and breathe. You will get your code 2-4 hours ahead. I just got Ed Sheeran tickets for my daughter and her friends with this system....code showed up by text at 8 a.m. for 10 a.m. presale. Codes are case-sensitive and I have learned it is better to type in the code than to try to cut and paste.

I have had an email from u2.com this morning asking me to verify my account buy do not wish to go America or Canada only European gigs do I still verify or not?

33 minutes ago, colincooper said:

I have had an email from u2.com this morning asking me to verify my account buy do not wish to go America or Canada only European gigs do I still verify or not?

I've had the same email. Can a Mod confirm that we can definitely wait to connect our UK Ticketmaster account to access the European presales please?

I live in Ireland and after several emails I decided to connect to the system. I kinda panicked haha ...  I really don't want to miss out on tickets this time around (sites like seatwave made a fortune from the JT tour here and alot of Irish fans lost out). Have I made a mistake? Should I have waited till the Irish gig(s) were announced for a different link? Anyone know?

Edited by DontMindMe
Autocorrect changed word

5 minutes ago, bullittbruce said:

I've had the email too, is the verified fan program just for the U.S.?

I'm confused by it to be honest. I didn't want to take a chance. Can anyone clear it up? Should I disconnect the account?

They have to make it clear for other than US TM accounts. My Dutch TM acccount doesn’t work. 

I really believe in this ‘verified’ system, just make it clear to all TM users in other countries 

Edited by MichelCollignon

Just read Ticketmaster FAQs regarding presale:

Q: Can I register for #VerifiedFan from outside the U.S. + Canada?

A: Yes,you can register for #VerifiedFan from outside the U.S. + Canada but only for the U.S. + Canada tour dates.

However, I do agree; A Mod MUST make this clear please :) 

2 hours ago, EsmaCannon said:

Does anybody know if the pre-sale will be 10am PT or ET? UK fan trying for MSG

10am, time of venue; so Eastern time zone for MSG.