svoot

Will there be Additional Tour Dates in US (2018)

Saw the initial list of tour dates for the US, but was wondering if there would be additional cities listed. Wondering in case I wanted to wait to see if there would be a closer location to where I live on this upcoming tour to use my presale code on. Thoughts by anyone?

Wondering the same thing. I'm Verified. Expecting, like Joshua Tree 2017, that more dates are added. I would think there would be a new window for any added dates. Just hoping Minneapolis/St. Paul is on the list. Prefer Xcel Energy Center for better sound instead of US Bank Stadium.

At this point, these are the only dates that we know of.

Looks from the set dates  East Coast anyway that that they could add a second night next day and still have 2 travel days in between. Can’t see them setting up the production for one date in each city. Doesn’t make financial sense and we are talking about money grabbing Live Nation here. I mean having to renew subs early and selling new subs to get presale is a money grab to me.

5 hours ago, svoot said:

Saw the initial list of tour dates for the US, but was wondering if there would be additional cities listed. Wondering in case I wanted to wait to see if there would be a closer location to where I live on this upcoming tour to use my presale code on. Thoughts by anyone?

always a guessing game/crap shoot.  I wouldn't be surprised if they add Denver between LA and CHI.  Also wouldn't be surprised if they add on dates to Boston, NY, LA, CHI.  Would like to see additional cities but who knows. 

Edited by kwaite

Montreal is the only Canadian city???!!!! What the hell? It's not like I haven't done a 9 hour drive for the boys before, but I can't believe they are not hitting Toronto....although the same thing happened with the first leg of Vertigo and we ended up in NYC.

12 hours ago, nitz1 said:

Looks from the set dates  East Coast anyway that that they could add a second night next day and still have 2 travel days in between. Can’t see them setting up the production for one date in each city. Doesn’t make financial sense and we are talking about money grabbing Live Nation here. I mean having to renew subs early and selling new subs to get presale is a money grab to me.

What sucks is if they add a second date, say Las Vegas, its probably the day after which is Saturday. We are already going to be in Vegas for a huge Foodie event that weekend and I would prefer to do the Sat U2 show (if added) ... Do you or anyone know if a second show is added and we have GA tix, will U2.com be able to transfer to the second date? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tracy M said:

Montreal is the only Canadian city???!!!! What the hell? It's not like I haven't done a 9 hour drive for the boys before, but I can't believe they are not hitting Toronto....although the same thing happened with the first leg of Vertigo and we ended up in NYC.

Well you did get JT 2017. We here in Montreal missed out.

1 hour ago, DWHEATLEY626 said:

Do you or anyone know if a second show is added and we have GA tix, will U2.com be able to transfer to the second date? 

Nope- you would have to get tix to second show as well.   As of now we also don't know if tickets will be linked to credit card and non-transferable (good guess they will be) 

1 hour ago, a321doc said:

Well you did get JT 2017. We here in Montreal missed out.

Good point! It's only a 9 hour drive, nothing I haven't done before for the band. Bigger issue is making we don't conflict with my son's Convocation from university in June!!

I too am surprised at limited Canadian dates.  I guess they're done rehearsing in Vancouver (although Bono caught in a rain storm may not find hitch hiking as easy in other cities....but fewer rain storms in other cities!).  Montreal should have had a JT show, but it was always intended to be a short tour.  This is a tour for a new album and the follow up to Songs of Innocence.  They did two shows in Toronto for that one, and one in Hamilton.  Back into arena venues I'd have expected more stops.  JT sold out fast in stadiums.  This one will be super fast.  Hopefully the new ticket master approach give us a better shot at good ticks, but with ticket master, I'll believe it when I see it!

15 minutes ago, BillHenderson said:

JT sold out fast in stadiums.  This one will be super fast.  Hopefully the new ticket master approach give us a better shot at good ticks, but with ticket master, I'll believe it when I see it!

this is what has me worried. I mean is there even any shot at tickets during general public for an arena tour??? I wanted three tickets and the two ticket limit now is preventing me from buying tickets

12 hours ago, mariamolivau2 said:

what are the chances of them having a Toronto date? Is there hope?

I am not going to take the chance.  I'm getting in line for Montreal.  Great town to visit!  In the "faint hope" department, the longest gap between shows on the current schedule is the 8 days between Atlanta and Montreal.  Strikes me that leaves room/time for a Toronto show....but why wouldn't they have announced it?  My guess?  The ACC is the only suitable venue in town, and the tour dates fall into the NHL playoff schedule.  Not sure why that would be an issue in TO and not in Montreal though.  (I'm not yielding to temptation for a Leafs vs. Habs comment).  My solution?  Unless they announce a TO date before the presale...roadtrip!

Its a tough call for sure. If they say add 2 Montreal dates on the Sunday and Monday those dates would work better for some people than a Tuesday. Don't want to hold on to presale code though and this not happen... decisions.... decisions. 

I would like to see them return to TX and New Orleans. That remains to be determined if that actually happens. In the meantime, I need to keep clipping coupons so I can travel.

I'm holding out hope (once again) that San Antonio or at least Austin will be on the list this time seeing as how they have added shows in smaller markets that they haven't played in a long time such as Tulsa. They've played here twice, October and Pop, and both were very well attended so I'm not sure why we keep getting skipped tour after tour.

U2 have always had a good relationship with Toronto. As far as I know- they have never bypassed Toronto on any tour so why would they start now? There will definitely be at least one show, more than likely two, in Toronto. I’m gonna save my presale code for that announcement.

I'm going to guess that there will be no additional cities added on the current legs, but that additional dates will be added at existing cities.  There may be a chance to add an extra city that falls along the route later on, especially if one of the cities doesn't sell enough to justify adding an extra show.  (For instance, on the 2015 tour, I think Denver was able to be added because there wasn't demand to add all of the Los Angeles dates they had expected to add.)  So I'd say maybe one or two extra cities could appear, but it's not likely to be a lot.

I think it's more likely that the band will play the spring and early summer in the U.S., go to Europe for the rest of the summer, and then return to the U.S. for the late fall.  That's typically how U2 area tours are routed through the U.S... that was their plan for the 2005 Vertigo tour and the 2001 Elevation tour.  Historically speaking, the I&E tour routing was unusual for U2, and Bono's injury may have contributed to a delayed start, leading to a delayed ending and a lack of additional legs.  I also think that the band genuinely believed when first booking the I&E tour that they'd have the new album out at the end of the year (2015), and then they'd be back the following year (2016) for additional dates.  Obviously the album took longer than expected, which delayed the return to the tour.  It's unlike U2 to return to the same staging they had used two tours ago, so I have to believe the original idea was for these dates were that they would immediately follow 2015.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, buceoman said:

U2 have always had a good relationship with Toronto. As far as I know- they have never bypassed Toronto on any tour so why would they start now? There will definitely be at least one show, more than likely two, in Toronto. I’m gonna save my presale code for that announcement.

Bold move, buceoman.  You may be right, but what if you're not?  Montreal isn't that far away, and a great place to visit even without U2.

On 11/1/2017 at 3:30 PM, svoot said:

They will absolutely, positively add a bunch of dates--especially the day after currently scheduled shows in major markets (e.g., Chicago, NYC, etc.).  Regarding adding completely new cities, they do that occasionally--look for big "gaps" in the currently scheduled shows.  But, who knows where those would be.

Yeah, I looked at holding out a possibility that cities would be added closer to me, but after thinking it over some I prob going to the closest to me which would be Tulsa!! Never made it to a tour opener so I think this will be a great time to do so!

Really hoping they add a Phoenix date. There are some gaps in the schedule around LA and Vegas. Phoenix wasn't added until really late for JT tour. U2 definitely sold out two shows here for I&E.

Wondering if I should make an attempt at LA public sale? Could always sell them back if a Phoenix date opened.