jreed

U2 has one album left in them after Experience

46 minutes ago, 504jumper said:

If one were to say, "it should not happen at all", I'd respectfully reply, "why not?". It can be troublesome for some of us here--myself included--but in end, we're just talking

I concur.  I was just talking as well.  Pardon me if what I wrote implies anyone should not express their opinion.  That is the exact opposite of who I am. I expressed my opinion.  I meant nothing else.  I'm glad you felt no shade.  In 1983, I was told I was going to die and should get my affairs in order.  I've been told the same thing three times since.  They were wrong. They told me I had AIDS before HIV was even discovered and before any blood test existed.  I did not.  They were wrong again. They told me I'd never get off all the medication I spent the past five years getting off of and they were wrong.  They told me I was addicted and they were wrong.  I claim no pupit.  Life has been challenging, as it is for all of us. I can only speak for myself when I say that if I spend time thinking about the fact that the end of whatever might come whenever...that time is lost speculating something which I cannot possibly know. That time spent pondering the unknown is lost to fear, where it could have been spent dancing and singing. For me, when the end of something I love happens; if it is a good thing it will reemerge at a different time on a different plane. It will be even more awesome, and that's just the beginning of forever.  That does not mean other people see it differently.  

I never intended to squash anyone's opinions or feelings or thoughts.  If I did so, you have my humble apology.

I lost my father early too.  Death sucks for those who remain.. I believe in a better place. If U2 must end then I want to go wherever the music goes because it's what has kept me going when they told me I was finished.         (that is my experience and it's only my opinion, ableit emphatically stated.)    

Edited by Manohlive

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

I concur.  I was just talking as well.  Pardon me if what I wrote implies anyone should not express their opinion.  That is the exact opposite of who I am. I expressed my opinion.  I meant nothing else.  I'm glad you felt no shade.  In 1983, I was told I was going to die and should get my affairs in order.  I've been told the same thing three times since.  They were wrong. They told me I had AIDS before HIV was even discovered and before any blood test existed.  I did not.  They were wrong again. They told me I'd never get off all the medication I spent the past five years getting off of and they were wrong.  They told me I was addicted and they were wrong.  I claim no pupit.  Life has been challenging, as it is for all of us. I can only speak for myself when I say that if I spend time thinking about the fact that the end of whatever might come whenever...that time is lost speculating something which I cannot possibly know. That time spent pondering the unknown is lost to fear, where it could have been spent dancing and singing. For me, when the end of something I love happens; if it is a good thing it will reemerge at a different time on a different plane. It will be even more awesome, and that's just the beginning of forever.  That does not mean other people see it differently.  

I never intended to squash anyone's opinions or feelings or thoughts.  If I did so, you have my humble apology.

I lost my father early too.  Death sucks for those who remain.. I believe in a better place. If U2 must end then I want to go wherever the music goes because it's what has kept me going when they told me I was finished.         (that is my experience and it's only my opinion, ableit emphatically stated.)    

Spoken like someone who has faced life's most greatest challenge and overcame it. That is truly admirable and a blessing. I've read many of your posts and always thought your responses were well-considered and erudite. I also thought some where quite optimistic and spiritual.

While I am thankful to have my health, I have also experienced my share of challenges--combat, twice--and I will live with stuff for the rest my life. I also want to spend the rest of my day thinking of only the good things.

What you've shared brought additional light to your posts, thank you.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 504jumper said:

I have also experienced my share of challenges--combat, twice--and I will live with stuff for the rest my life. I also want to spend the rest of my day thinking of only the good things.

All of my uncles were Marines. You have my utmost respect.  I hope that stuff lessens over time.  Thinking about the good things is a great thing, imho.  I'm glad you do that too.  It beats smelling all the poop.

Edited by Manohlive

I'd like to see on last album that's better than IE or SoE because they didn't move me like Achtung Baby, HTDAAB