afg

New Album with Ticket Purchase

I am trying to understand what this means in the official album and tour announcment.... "Prior to December 1, you will have the opportunity to pre-order one CD per ticket purchased."  To get the album for free should I pre-order the album now or after I buy tickets?

after you get tickets you'll get an email on how to obtain the CD for each ticket you purchase.   Each ticket will the album.   My guess is the CD is the the basic CD and not the deluxe version. 

I got the email to get the album overnight, but when I tried to follow the link this morning it said it wasn’t available.  TM is criminally incompetent.

Bought tickets and have no code to download the album. No email from ticketmaster and it is not in Spam. Who do we contact?

Yes...same here....why advertise a free cd or download and then not deliver!   Really disappointing!!

I haven't gotten anything regarding this so-called free album. Was it only for tickets via Ticketmaster? I got Vegas tickets which were through axis. 

Ticketmaster is telling me to "Wait 72 hours!" and then it will "escalate" me.  Honestly, I could just buy the album, but I am so so so pissed off with Ticketmaster I can't even see straight.

Tried to download this morning and got a message that said digital downloads were not available yet but keep trying. A few hours later I tried to download on my iPhone and got a message that said mobile devices were no good and I needed to be on a desktop. Finally followed the link from my desktop computer and was told that the code had already been used. Ticketmaster is now saying they will escalate and be able to send me a new code in 3-5 business days. This whole process is a mess!

The Tour info here on U2.com very clearly states that everyone who buys a ticket to the concert will get the album for free. 

However, those of us who purchased tickets to shows not handled through Ticketmaster are not getting any information about this. Do we not get the album if we bought through AXS? This wasn't communicated on the main Tour page. And the prices for the tickets was the same. 

If we do not get the album then I want to be refunded around $12 of my ticket price. 

Copied from the Tour page:

Every ticket purchased will include one (1) copy of U2’s new album, "Songs of Experience," to be released December 1, 2017. Be on the lookout for a separate email with instructions around how you can redeem your album(s). One album per ticket. US/Canadian residents only. Not valid for Fan to Fan Resale.

Don't know about AXS but I got my ticket thru Evenko for Montreal-1 and got the e-mail for the CD last week

Luc

Edited by LdeC

1 hour ago, LdeC said:

Don't know about AXS but I got my ticket thru Evenko for Montreal-1 and got the e-mail for the CD last week

Luc

Same here - through Evenko and got my email (now just waiting for the CD)

I too received the email after purchasing tickets through AXS. The email came through a day after tickets purchased and the "From" shows as U2 if that helps...maybe it is in your Spam folder.

2 hours ago, LadyHathor said:

The Tour info here on U2.com very clearly states that everyone who buys a ticket to the concert will get the album for free. 

However, those of us who purchased tickets to shows not handled through Ticketmaster are not getting any information about this. Do we not get the album if we bought through AXS? This wasn't communicated on the main Tour page. And the prices for the tickets was the same. 

If we do not get the album then I want to be refunded around $12 of my ticket price. 

Copied from the Tour page:

Every ticket purchased will include one (1) copy of U2’s new album, "Songs of Experience," to be released December 1, 2017. Be on the lookout for a separate email with instructions around how you can redeem your album(s). One album per ticket. US/Canadian residents only. Not valid for Fan to Fan Resale.

I got a message for the CD and I bought through evenko (Montreal).

Anyone get anemail notification for the CD download/order if you purchased tickets in the presale thru AXS for either of the Vegas shows? I got tickets for the second Vegas night and still don't have an email for the album download/order. I checked and re-checked spam folder already :) 

• Like 1

I had to buy my tickets through the local venue (Wells Fargo in Philly) and I have not yet received a code.

Who did the email come from?  I got one about a week after tickets went on sale from MRS Sandbox but thought it was junk as I didn't think we would get the code until today, but kept it anyway.  Today thinking that was it I opened it and see it was from livenation/ticketmaster.  So I clicked on the link and get an error message saying:

Something went wrong. Perhaps we can help.

We are an email service provider, and email sent from tr*****.com (strikeouts mine) comes from our subscribers. So we're guessing one of our subscribers sent you a message with this link in it. Sorry for any trouble this caused you.

Sometimes this issue is caused by the email client that you're using or other software you have installed such as antivirus software. You could try clicking on the link again or opening the email on another device and clicking on it there.

If you clicked on this link because you wanted to unsubscribe from the email, please contact the sender directly and they will handle it right away.

We are a founding member of the Email Sender & Provider Coalition - an organization designed to combat the proliferation of spam. So we take extremely seriously the sending practices of our subscribers - and we demand that they practice permission-based email marketing.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Anyone else get this email?  Is this supposed to be the official link email to the download?

Edited by Jim Vail
wrong word

I also bought tickets through AXS for Vegas2 and did not receive an email.  I've checked junk and email.  

I didn't know a download was also on the offer too. Anyways, I can't find the initial email with the redeem link. but the shipping email shows they're being fulfilled by One Live Media

I just called TM and they told me that the email I received was for the new music.  I told him it wasn't working and he said he would send me another email today with the link to download and a second email to get the CD as I purchased as I purchased 2 tickets.  So we shall see.