cincy mike

CITI Card, Verfied Subscriber & Verfied Fan

I have a Citi Card that is currently associated with my TM account and U2.com Verified Subscriber account.

Assuming that our U2 presale provides access to two tickets for whichever show we decide to attend, my wife and I will need a third for our son.

If i register for the CitCard presale in order to purchase a third ticket, do i need to associate my TM account with a different credit card to avoid a conflict with the U2.com presale?

It shouldn't cause any problem but to be 100% sure, please call customer service and ask about it...

No, it won't.  However, you must be careful to not exceed the ticket limits (which, I might add, are not yet clear on some of the dates).

1 hour ago, mike7man said:

No, it won't.  However, you must be careful to not exceed the ticket limits (which, I might add, are not yet clear on some of the dates).

Just to be clear...

If I purchase two tickets thru the U2 presale, and buy one additional ticket thru the Citibank presale, does that qualify as exceeding my presale ticket limit?

i assume the Pre-sales are independent of each other.

9 hours ago, cincy mike said:

Just to be clear...

If I purchase two tickets thru the U2 presale, and buy one additional ticket thru the Citibank presale, does that qualify as exceeding my presale ticket limit?

i assume the Pre-sales are independent of each other.

yes, different things, we are told 2 max for each U2.com subscription, 2 max on citibank (4 total). I know Citibank states 4 max for their card offer, but wouldn't risk it if combining with u2.com subscriber offer, also would use different card for each offer if possible.

25 minutes ago, bigwave said:

yes, different things, we are told 2 max for each U2.com subscription, 2 max on citibank (4 total). I know Citibank states 4 max for their card offer, but wouldn't risk it if combining with u2.com subscriber offer, also would use different card for each offer if possible.

Thanks for your input.  TM allows more than one card to be associated with accounts.  I have two CCs.  Just need to remember to use non-Citi card for the U2 presale.

The (4) ticket max for the CitiCard presale....is that per requested concert date?  i.e. if i get the one ticket for Nashville, then hell freezes over and U2 adds a date in Cincinnati, does that mean I have three remaining for CitiCard presales?

35 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Whoa.  That really needs to be officially clarified.  Right not I'm planning on buying 2 tix in U2.com subscriber pre sale.  Then if I'm lucky and get a citi code buying 4 more for my kids.  Nowhere does it say I would be exceeding any limits if I do that.

1 minute ago, tomschaedler said:

Whoa.  That really needs to be officially clarified.  Right not I'm planning on buying 2 tix in U2.com subscriber pre sale.  Then if I'm lucky and get a citi code buying 4 more for my kids.  Nowhere does it say I would be exceeding any limits if I do that.

I think what Bigwave is saying is to keep purchases on separate CCs - at the very least.  The U2 pre-sale is separate from the CitiCard pre-sale.

18 minutes ago, cincy mike said:

The (4) ticket max for the CitiCard presale....is that per requested concert date?  i.e. if i get the one ticket for Nashville, then hell freezes over and U2 adds a date in Cincinnati, does that mean I have three remaining for CitiCard presales?

that 4 per tour

To make things even less clear, different venues say different things about the ticket limits, and some aren't clear at all.  For example, I saw one venue that said that the presale limit was 2 "for all presales" (perhaps contrary, depending on the venue, to tomschaedler below), and some others that say nothing.  It would be very, very helpful to have more clarity on all this.

On 11/7/2017 at 8:16 AM, tomschaedler said:

Another bit of information to consider and/or be confused by.  I contacted Ticketmaster and this was their response when I asked about using the same card for multiple presales:

"Thanks for reaching out, I'd be more than happy to see what we can do to help.

I do apologize for any issues or confusion with the ticket limits for the U2 concerts.  If you use the same card to buy 2 tickets with the U2.com presale and 2 with the Citi presale you will not have any issues.  

Please note there is a ticket limit of 4 total per event date.  If you purchase 4 tickets total for 1 concert date you will not be able to purchase more tickets for the same concert.  With the U2.com presale you can get up to 2 tickets and for the Citi presale you have the opportunity to get up to 4 tickets."

21 hours ago, MKmonte said:

Another bit of information to consider and/or be confused by.  I contacted Ticketmaster and this was their response when I asked about using the same card for multiple presales:

"Thanks for reaching out, I'd be more than happy to see what we can do to help.

I do apologize for any issues or confusion with the ticket limits for the U2 concerts.  If you use the same card to buy 2 tickets with the U2.com presale and 2 with the Citi presale you will not have any issues.  

Please note there is a ticket limit of 4 total per event date.  If you purchase 4 tickets total for 1 concert date you will not be able to purchase more tickets for the same concert.  With the U2.com presale you can get up to 2 tickets and for the Citi presale you have the opportunity to get up to 4 tickets."

Thanks for clarifying this!!!!

I was a little unsure about purchasing 3 tickets thru the Citicard presale—

Here is my question and response with U2.com support. Which makes it sound like I can buy 2 in U2 presale and 4 in citi presale. 

Hi, I was hoping to get some clarification on the various pre-sales for the EI tour. Since I'm a U2.com subscriber, and completed all the steps, I will get a code I can use to purchase 2 tickets in the subscriber pre-sale. I also have a Citi card. Can I also participate in the Citi pre-sale? In other words, am I allowed to buy 2 tickets in the U2.com pre-sale, and an additional 4 tickets in the Citi card pre-sale?

Hello Tom,

Thank you for reaching out to Fan Club Support. We sincerely apologize for the delay in responding, I will be glad to assist you.

I looked into your request and found that the ticket limit for your fan club membership is 2 tickets. If you wish to participate in other presales being offered, you are more than welcome to do so. It will not affect your membership in any way.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope you have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,

Jeanette M

U2.com Team

Hi Tom--

I wouldn't believe them--I'd believe the info for the TM date in question (click on "more info" toward the top).

I got my ticket through the U2.com presale (RZ in St Louis) but also registered for the Citi presale. I'm wondering if I shouldn't wait on other tickets/cities. What do y'all think are the chances they'll release more dates? If I buy a ticket for Nashville, or Atlanta they they announce dates in Houston &/or Dallas, that would be a big waste of money. I really can't believe they're skipping the whole southwest U.S.

Wait, how do you register for the citi presale?? I assumed you just entered in your citi code or whatever and had access

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:05 PM, mike7man said:

Hi Tom--

I wouldn't believe them--I'd believe the info for the TM date in question (click on "more info" toward the top).

Yeah, I didn't.  I contacted Well Fargo Center in Philly directly (they are selling the tix, not Ticketmaster) and asked about buying 4 more tickets.

Their response was if I'm selected for Citi presale, I can buy 2 more tickets. (I was able to get 2 in U2.com presale today.)  So total per show is 4 across all pre-sales, in case anyone was still wondering.

3 hours ago, dropintheocean said:

I got my ticket through the U2.com presale (RZ in St Louis) but also registered for the Citi presale. I'm wondering if I shouldn't wait on other tickets/cities. What do y'all think are the chances they'll release more dates? If I buy a ticket for Nashville, or Atlanta they they announce dates in Houston &/or Dallas, that would be a big waste of money. I really can't believe they're skipping the whole southwest U.S.

U2 most likely will announce more dates in some of the cities already on the tour itinerary if past tours are any indicator. New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles especially should have more shows added.

It is much harder to say that additional cities will be added (again, if past tours are an indicator) and I think the odds are not in our favor for that happening. 

23 hours ago, Clear31 said:

Wait, how do you register for the citi presale?? I assumed you just entered in your citi code or whatever and had access

Not correct.  ALL sales (at least for Ticketmaster in United States) require that you register through the "verified fan" process, at least at the moment.  There is a separate registration for U2 Zootopia member presales, a separate one for the Citibank card presale and a separate one for general sale.  I don't know if this will hold true for any additional dates they add, but at the moment that's the deal.

Personally I registered for all three, as they are independent and don't carry over from one to the other.  (not that it did me any good for the first presale, as I didn't receive a code for that one, but.....)

Based on the fact that Zootopia imploded,  the first round of pre-sales must have been a total cluster f***.

If there's another round of dates coming,  i hope the bugs are worked out by then.

1 hour ago, cmooreNC said:

Not correct.  ALL sales (at least for Ticketmaster in United States) require that you register through the "verified fan" process, at least at the moment.  There is a separate registration for U2 Zootopia member presales, a separate one for the Citibank card presale and a separate one for general sale.  I don't know if this will hold true for any additional dates they add, but at the moment that's the deal.

Personally I registered for all three, as they are independent and don't carry over from one to the other.  (not that it did me any good for the first presale, as I didn't receive a code for that one, but.....)

I never even saw the citi presale registration option unfortunately. What a mess

I really hope they add another date at least

nevermind, just found it :(

Here I was holding out hope for tomorrow and now I know not to even bother. I was holding out because I needed 3 tickets not 2

Edited by Clear31

The email I received after I registered for Citi said we should here from them the evening of Wednesday, Nov 15th with updates and tips.  Anyone get this yet?

Thanks!

I am registered and I have not received the email yet.