Sign in to follow this  
cincy mike

CITI Card, Verfied Subscriber & Verfied Fan

Just got the Waitlist notice.  Think I'll be skipping tickets this time around.  I only have interest in GA's, I am not going to pay $400 for a ticket.

Does anyone know if there's likely to be a Citi presale for any additional dates that might be added?  I have a scheduling conflict tomorrow morning and might not be able to use my Citi code.  If so, I am hoping I get another shot when they start adding second dates in some of these cities.

Is it a unique code or something generic for citi??? Need three tickets for msg, so I was waiting for the citi presale but had no idea we had to register, figured could just enter the citi card code :(

Just now, Clear31 said:

Is it a unique code or something generic for citi??? Need three tickets for msg, so I was waiting for the citi presale but had no idea we had to register, figured could just enter the citi card code :(

It's a unique code, so if you don't get one, you're welcome to buy tickets through Stubhub.  It's the new & fair way they automatically decide if you're allowed to purchase tickets.

So far, I've been denied access to Bruce Springsteen, Dead & Company and now U2.  At least it's saving me money, as I won't be attending any of them.

• Like 1

Just now, SoCalU2Lover said:

It's a unique code, so if you don't get one, you're welcome to buy tickets through Stubhub.  It's the new & fair way they automatically decide if you're allowed to purchase tickets.

So far, I've been denied access to Bruce Springsteen, Dead & Company and now U2.  At least it's saving me money, as I won't be attending any of them.

ridiculous

I missed out on Bruce as well. Ended up getting Taylor Swift for my girlfriend though (the one time I wanted it not to work)

I got selected for the Citicard presales too. 

It came at 6:00PST

2 minutes ago, AMT1979 said:

Does anyone know if there's likely to be a Citi presale for any additional dates that might be added?  I have a scheduling conflict tomorrow morning and might not be able to use my Citi code.  If so, I am hoping I get another shot when they start adding second dates in some of these cities.

I hoping for additional dates too.  Didn’t use my pre-sales.  I gotta believe if granted a Citibank code, it’s applicable to new dates if not used.

On 11/3/2017 at 9:56 AM, cincy mike said:

I have a Citi Card that is currently associated with my TM account and U2.com Verified Subscriber account.

Assuming that our U2 presale provides access to two tickets for whichever show we decide to attend, my wife and I will need a third for our son.

If i register for the CitCard presale in order to purchase a third ticket, do i need to associate my TM account with a different credit card to avoid a conflict with the U2.com presale?

Does pre-sale chaos occur with other artists?  Or is this unique to U2?

So to be clear... (who am I kidding? there's not a lot clear about this process. LOL) there was the U2.com presale yesterday and today (which I had a code for but could not get GAs or RZs and that's all I want), then there is a citibank presale (which I don't have a citibank card so too bad for me?) and then the public sale starts MOnday but you have to have a verified fan code for that?

2 minutes ago, cincy mike said:

And this is a great question! I really only ever go to U2 shows so I really don't know. Would be curious to find out.

ive bought tickets for many artists and this was by far the most chaotic. I bought harry styles tickets for my nieces and girlfriend which gave me no issues via verified fan.

1 minute ago, Clear31 said:

ive bought tickets for many artists and this was by far the most chaotic. I bought harry styles tickets for my nieces and girlfriend which gave me no issues via verified fan.

I’d love to know what the fan base number is for U2, i.e how many fan club subscribers.

6 minutes ago, allirogo said:

So to be clear... (who am I kidding? there's not a lot clear about this process. LOL) there was the U2.com presale yesterday and today (which I had a code for but could not get GAs or RZs and that's all I want), then there is a citibank presale (which I don't have a citibank card so too bad for me?) and then the public sale starts MOnday but you have to have a verified fan code for that?

Correct.

I’d love to know what the fan base number is for U2, i.e how many fan club subscribers.

I also did the Bruno Mars presale recently and his fan club access was very smooth. Really no idea why the U2 presale had to be so crazy

10 minutes ago, Clear31 said:

I also did the Bruno Mars presale recently and his fan club access was very smooth. Really no idea why the U2 presale had to be so crazy

I miss the days when we could order tickets directly thru the fan club.

It was a simpler time then....

Edited by cincy mike
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, allirogo said:

thanks!

I think you can still register for general ticket sales.  Check Ticketmaster website 

22 minutes ago, Clear31 said:

I feel like they wouldve announced additional dates by now. Maybe, just returning later in the year??

I think they usually announce additional dates after the general on-sale.

I think you can still register for general ticket sales.  Check Ticketmaster website 

Thanks! yes you can and I did. At least as far as I can tell I did. All I want is GAs or RZs though so I doubt any of those will magically appear in the public sale but I will try for them Monday anyway. Thanks for your help.